PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)
Feb 27, 2014 at 8:21 AM Post #4,861 of 9,120
I think I remember OCZ Modulars being pretty damn good on that site actually -.- 

I like my current Corsair Vengance mouse, so I figured let's get the better one, and the mouse feels good in the hand, I'd keep it but I've done messed it up from to many RAGE MOUSE SLAMS 

also this build is atm conjeture, chances are what I have may change a little when I go to buy everything, 
You want me to make up a $1000 build for you? I don't mind, plus, I'm really good at budget managing.

Feb 27, 2014 at 9:20 AM Post #4,862 of 9,120
You want me to make up a $1000 build for you? I don't mind, plus, I'm really good at budget managing.

ehh no, I'd like to make my own Build :3 as I have preferances. I like Gigabyte Mobos, I prefer Intel over amd, I like to keep up to date with my Cpus but in this next build I'm willing to branch out into older cpus

I prefer Sapphire Gpus, I've had three now all of them have been great,

ofc my budget isn't hard set atm, and when the time comes in the fall for me to build I may find some super duper deals and save a TON of cash, pcPartpicker had my build as low asl like $1300 about 2 weeks ago... shame on me for missing that chance to get at least something

Non the less, Bowei and Hybrid helped me make my first build, so I'd prefer to work with all of you, as opposed to having some one do a build for me, after all it's my computer. I'd like the joy of knowing I had a hand in picking what was inside of it, plus when and if the crap hits the fan, I've only got my self to be mad at

speaking of which, I had my cpu pushed to x39 multiplier, which on stock voltages was unstable :/. Lowered it to 38 and I've had much more stability over the last 3 days, let's see if it can countinue.

Feb 27, 2014 at 10:50 AM Post #4,864 of 9,120

ehh no, I'd like to make my own Build :3 as I have preferances. I like Gigabyte Mobos, I prefer Intel over amd, I like to keep up to date with my Cpus but in this next build I'm willing to branch out into older cpus

I prefer Sapphire Gpus, I've had three now all of them have been great,

ofc my budget isn't hard set atm, and when the time comes in the fall for me to build I may find some super duper deals and save a TON of cash, pcPartpicker had my build as low asl like $1300 about 2 weeks ago... shame on me for missing that chance to get at least something

Non the less, Bowei and Hybrid helped me make my first build, so I'd prefer to work with all of you, as opposed to having some one do a build for me, after all it's my computer. I'd like the joy of knowing I had a hand in picking what was inside of it, plus when and if the crap hits the fan, I've only got my self to be mad at

speaking of which, I had my cpu pushed to x39 multiplier, which on stock voltages was unstable :/. Lowered it to 38 and I've had much more stability over the last 3 days, let's see if it can countinue.

GIGABYTE FTW!  GO FULL GIGABYTE

Feb 27, 2014 at 12:25 PM Post #4,865 of 9,120

GIGABYTE FTW!  GO FULL GIGABYTE

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW yea

I'm just very used to the Gigabyte Mobo settings, it's nice for OCn and what not. 

Feb 27, 2014 at 1:07 PM Post #4,866 of 9,120
  Just got my Mac running

I'm a bit unsatisfied with the speed test

I've been reading that some Mac's have issues utilizing the Samsung EVO 840 properly due to its controller.

I'm getting only 200MB/s by 250MB/s (read) as opposed to the 400MB/s I could

I'll be trying out Windows installation tmmrw to see if that will spice things up

Make sure to pick up Trim Enabler. It's free and helps greatly. There's a Pro version for $10, but I'm just using the basic one.

Feb 27, 2014 at 1:09 PM Post #4,867 of 9,120

Make sure to pick up Trim Enabler. It's free and helps greatly. There's a Pro version for $10, but I'm just using the basic one.

Already did it :D

I went through my system settings and noted TRIM was not enabled this morning so bada boom, and its on.

Sad that my SSD is limited heavilly by my chipset :frowning2:

I average 180-250MB/s read and write with it. Which is pretty similar results to what SATA 2 limitations of SATA3 SSD's are doing :frowning2:

Feb 27, 2014 at 1:25 PM Post #4,868 of 9,120
  Already did it :D

I went through my system settings and noted TRIM was not enabled this morning so bada boom, and its on.

Sad that my SSD is limited heavilly by my chipset :frowning2:

I average 180-250MB/s read and write with it. Which is pretty similar results to what SATA 2 limitations of SATA3 SSD's are doing :frowning2:

Boo STAT 2. But hey, it's still better than a platter drive.

Feb 27, 2014 at 2:09 PM Post #4,870 of 9,120
tbh i think that IO and teeny tiny read/write speed are more important that huge file read and writes.  i mean shifting 500MB/s is cool and usefull if your moving massive files all the time but how often are you doing that.

its like a car that can go insanely fast but corners like a waterbed. 

Feb 27, 2014 at 2:15 PM Post #4,871 of 9,120
  tbh i think that IO and teeny tiny read/write speed are more important that huge file read and writes.  i mean shifting 500MB/s is cool and usefull if your moving massive files all the time but how often are you doing that.

So it's like almost every single American-designed sports car?

Feb 27, 2014 at 2:20 PM Post #4,872 of 9,120

+1 !

Feb 27, 2014 at 2:23 PM Post #4,873 of 9,120

So it's like almost every single American-designed sports car?

well the 840 should be speedy at both so its more like a speed limited F1 car.  sure it cant go 200mph now but its still fast and corners superbly.

as for american cars and their sofa on wheels like properties are not for the likes of i to comment on :wink:

Feb 27, 2014 at 2:39 PM Post #4,874 of 9,120

So you're telling me that e-peeen is worth nothing and that writting 3GB files in benchmarks isn't worth anything?

lol but yeah, it is a good test to see the entire drive's ability though.
  well the 840 should be speedy at both so its more like a speed limited F1 car.  sure it cant go 200mph now but its still fast and corners superbly.

as for american cars and their sofa on wheels like properties are not for the likes of i to comment on :wink:

The 840 is fast enough sure.

It's really fast right now in Matlab and everything

Users who are viewing this thread

Back