PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)
Nov 23, 2012 at 8:27 PM Post #151 of 9,120
Quote:
This is pretty interesting. This Benchmark 3D site did a tech analysis of Assassin's Creed 3, and found the CPU optimization to be really crappy.

AC3_CPU_Cores_Usage.jpg

Hopefully Ubisoft will release a patch. While it's playable on my computer now, it's definitely not up to what I feel my PC should be able to do.

Yeah. I found this game to be ABSOLUTELY terrible at optomization. 

It can barely render fields with spare houses without dropping FPS highly. A quick boost of my GPU rectified that above the 32FPS line but none the less, the stuff it is rendering is simpler than what is in Skyrim.

Nov 23, 2012 at 8:32 PM Post #152 of 9,120
Glad I'm not the only one having performance issues. The first few hours of it's release, everyone on another forum I visit were all "hurr durr, this game not unoptimized", all the while playing on the highest-end i7's.

I know my CPU isn't high end by any means, but it should definitely be able to run this.

Nov 23, 2012 at 8:38 PM Post #153 of 9,120
Quote:
Glad I'm not the only one having performance issues. The first few hours of it's release, everyone on another forum I visit were all "hurr durr, this game not unoptimized", all the while playing on the highest-end i7's.

I know my CPU isn't high end by any means, but it should definitely be able to run this.

yeah, the performance sucks a lot. :frowning2: Sad panda

Nov 23, 2012 at 10:28 PM Post #154 of 9,120
Playing AC3 I noticed something ingenius I believe

When walking up to houses that are about a 7 second run away or anything. The game changes the static "picture" of the house or building to a dynamic one. You can clearly see how a flat picture changes into a dynamic "3D" one and also the ornaments and everything "slide in" however how they do this without popping in or just boom is quite nice. It has a haze and basically "digitizing" effect that aligns itself with the games polygon input digital...memory thing. Quite nice

Nov 23, 2012 at 10:46 PM Post #155 of 9,120
Where should I start if I want to mildly OC my i5 2500k? I've had the processor since this January with intentions of slightly boosting it, but I've never gotten around to it. I should have time after finals next month.

Nov 23, 2012 at 10:56 PM Post #156 of 9,120
Quote:
Where should I start if I want to mildly OC my i5 2500k? I've had the processor since this January with intentions of slightly boosting it, but I've never gotten around to it. I should have time after finals next month.

You first do a system check. Right now. Meaning telling us or personally knowing if your parts are ...safe to do it. 

If you are only doing a light OC, it won't matter too much though but a good motherboard with good phase power design is important. That we can know but another factor that needs to be tested is how stable the motherboard is to overclocks and if it.

Memory you have on board also has an effect and then comes the good or bad drivers(sometimes this may have an effect) with the motherboard or other units. 

Nov 23, 2012 at 11:58 PM Post #158 of 9,120
Quote:
You first do a system check. Right now. Meaning telling us or personally knowing if your parts are ...safe to do it. 

If you are only doing a light OC, it won't matter too much though but a good motherboard with good phase power design is important. That we can know but another factor that needs to be tested is how stable the motherboard is to overclocks and if it.

Memory you have on board also has an effect and then comes the good or bad drivers(sometimes this may have an effect) with the motherboard or other units. 

Sure, I'll post up my specs and components later (at my parents house right now). I built the PC, so I am not overly worried about parts being safe enough to successfully execute a mild OC. I can see how that should be a starting point though.

Nov 24, 2012 at 11:15 AM Post #159 of 9,120
Quote:
I've been playing this game for hours now, is it just me or do I hate the controls? Half the time the climbing doesn't work or fails.

It doesn't fail fail, but it doesn't do the sensitive stealth i need it to do with percision during those missions

Completely agree. Finesse just isn't possible with the new control system because everything is too sticky, and there are too many things to grab on to, and are too close together.

There are so many times that I try to run along the side of a building, only to start climbing it, and totally screw up whatever mission I was doing (Because it seems every time you get noticed you desynchronize).

I'm definitely not digging this game like I hoped I would.

Nov 24, 2012 at 11:19 AM Post #160 of 9,120
Quote:

Sure, I'll post up my specs and components later (at my parents house right now). I built the PC, so I am not overly worried about parts being safe enough to successfully execute a mild OC. I can see how that should be a starting point though.

I'll give you a point to aim for.
My i5 2500K @5.3GHz, 16GB of RAM overclocked from 1600MHz to 1866GHz, Geekbench is only 32bit though(unless I pay)
Done on an MSI P67A-GD55 motherboard.

Overclocking a Sandy Bridge is just increase the multiplier, then see if it boots and passes any burn tests(I use Intel Burn Test on extreme for 6 hours), if it doesn't then you want to add more core voltage, up to a max of 1.35V(for general use, for a one off overclock, like above you can go higher at the risk of bricking your processor).

Higher overclocks(generally, anything over 4.5GHz) need more or less voltage to other components as well(spread spectrum will need to be off, vdroop will need to be compensated for, etc)

Nov 24, 2012 at 11:36 AM Post #161 of 9,120
Nice guide for him. Idont enthusiastically overclock intels. Only light fun ones for other clint builds.

@kuku
Cometrly agree. And half the time, the tree climb and move shown in the trailers works like crap. Yes its nice how it scales the buildings but in sensitive missions like the one where you have to listen tothr conversation in the fort and sabotage cannons. It took me so many tries. Why? Because the game doesnt fricking work. Basically there is grass along the ground near where the people are walking that you need to listen to and a building you can scale and hay. What flaws this? Ai not done correct. In this mission just as they walk up the stairs. Anothr ai comes out and so he will see you. Thus making it so that the only way to finish it is to climb onto the house first and awkwardly STAND UP THE WHOLE time and listen to it. The end of the conversation is just out of range and thus youget into the red zone of mission fail but then they finish so its fine.

This game gets a 7.5/10 right now. It hasnt really well explained the animus thing or why its being digitzed like so(i read online to find out), its missions and things it requires youto do works sometimes and doesnt others.
And not to mention is faulty as a pc port

Nov 24, 2012 at 11:45 AM Post #162 of 9,120
Wanting some more food for rage?

ibtzrnLBoJUNEP.png

That's right, the lowest-end Intel performs better than the highest-end AMD.

Ubisoft has some serious optimizing to do. In the mean time, I'll probably be playing Dead Island instead of this.
tongue.gif

Nov 25, 2012 at 10:13 PM Post #165 of 9,120
Quote:
Wanting some more food for rage?

ibtzrnLBoJUNEP.png

That's right, the lowest-end Intel performs better than the highest-end AMD.

Ubisoft has some serious optimizing to do. In the mean time, I'll probably be playing Dead Island instead of this.
tongue.gif

That's nothing new, AMD has been behind Intel for quite some time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back