Payment dispute: Someone is not paying for my goods already shipped (You be the judge)
Oct 2, 2011 at 8:19 PM Post #76 of 358

Quote:
^ You should seriously consider outing this character's username. Here's someone who has gotten you to underwrite a COD sales arrangement, relying completely upon the faith of his good will. Now he is unreasonably holding your goods hostage, for mere postage fees. That's bull.

You are doing other head-fi members a disservice by opening up this situation publicly, and not allowing them the option to avoid problematic dealings with this character. You want help, but won't help in return. That makes you as much of a clown as he is, and basically you would deserve each other.

I dont Believe he can do that without getting into problems ... but you can always check out the OP's "feedback for others"...

Oct 2, 2011 at 8:21 PM Post #77 of 358
I agree with pigmode. You should reveal his username/name because he is a potential scammer. 

@JamesMcProgger What if the potential scammer is intending to scam again in this short period of time? At least head-fiers should receive a fine warning.

Oct 2, 2011 at 8:30 PM Post #78 of 358

Quote:
I agree with pigmode. You should reveal his username/name because he is a potential scammer. 

@JamesMcProgger What if the potential scammer is intending to scam again in this short period of time? At least head-fiers should receive a fine warning.

Quote:
I dont Believe he can do that without getting into problems ... but you can always check out the OP's "feedback left for others"...

Oct 2, 2011 at 8:37 PM Post #80 of 358
I'm pretty sure I said that the name of the scammer be revealed. A person can easily make thousands of Head-Fi accounts but faking a name may be harder.

Oct 2, 2011 at 8:40 PM Post #81 of 358

AGREED! Obviously this guy is familiar with portable hi-fi gear, you might get some help from a few Head-fiers that live in that area.I think one of the reputable head-fiers that is from singapore would be ClieOs. wouldnt hurt to reach out. i know if i lived in the area and read this thread i would def. help you out. Good luck bro.
Quote:

You are being stupid.

Singapore is a small place, go to the singapore audiophile forums and ask for help there.

Oct 2, 2011 at 8:47 PM Post #82 of 358

Quote:
I'm pretty sure I said that the name of the scammer be revealed. A person can easily make thousands of Head-Fi accounts but faking a name may be harder.

Can this person can be determined a full-on scammer with the info posted at this time? Otoh they are definitely an undesirable online transaction partner. 

Oct 2, 2011 at 8:50 PM Post #83 of 358

Quote:
AGREED! Obviously this guy is familiar with portable hi-fi gear, you might get some help from a few Head-fiers that live in that area.I think one of the reputable head-fiers that is from singapore would be ClieOs. wouldnt hurt to reach out. i know if i lived in the area and read this thread i would def. help you out. Good luck bro.

How would you help if his/her real name is not shown in public? I believe there are countless Singaporeans (non registered guests) lurking around the forum.

Oct 2, 2011 at 8:53 PM Post #84 of 358

Quote:
Can this person can be determined a full-on scammer with the info posted at this time? Otoh they are definitely an undesirable online transaction partner. 

The only problem is that posting personal information is not allowed in this forum (or any other forum). Imho, it is best for the admin/mods to take a look at the evidence brought forward and decide whether a scam exists or not. If it is a scam, I think it's a public interest.

Oct 2, 2011 at 9:12 PM Post #85 of 358
Having already waded into this muck, let me proceed to wade on out. OP, if you did in fact ship this sales item inadequately packed, imo you bear responsibility for return shipping. And of course, the pic provided in inconclusive. Buyer and seller, communication is your friend.

Oct 3, 2011 at 12:48 AM Post #87 of 358
I can still claim 200usd from this guy, since the problem is only with 1/2 of the merlin.
and the other 205usd I'll claim after Unique Melody successfully repaired and reshell the entire merlin.

However, since he wants it shipped back at my expense, I have no choice but to pay, but I will only do so if he give me the accurate shipping fee.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is what I told him around 9.18 am (head fi time):

Please tell me the shipping cost (preferably with photographed receipt)
for registered mail with cardboard packaging back to Singapore.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now, I'm just waiting for him to come back online (he was extremely responsive before the merlins arrived; now he doesn't care at all)

Oct 3, 2011 at 1:03 AM Post #88 of 358
Not for nothing, but sending a $400.00 product to someone with no buyer/seller feedback and a total of 17 posts without first collecting payment is beyond stupid.  What were you thinking?  I do hope it works out for you, but it is not looking good from where I sit.

Oct 3, 2011 at 1:36 AM Post #90 of 358

Users who are viewing this thread

Back