Payment dispute: Someone is not paying for my goods already shipped (You be the judge)
Oct 1, 2011 at 12:02 PM Post #64 of 358
Something to keep you entertained (before I confront the "buyer" on Sunday)

[size=1.8333em]scammer get's OWNED!![/size]

Oct 1, 2011 at 12:54 PM Post #65 of 358
I'll definitely release his information if he continues to not reply to my pms.
Maybe on another place not here;
He had it coming for not responding or returning the Merlin when he had the chance.

Oct 1, 2011 at 6:23 PM Post #69 of 358

So you're saying for every single trade we do on head-fi we should exchange funds in two directions with expensive paypal fees on top?

Yeah, ok.

Absofreakinlutely. You'd be a fool to do otherwise.

Never EVER ship ANYTHING until you receive payment. That's online sales 101. Protection for the seller.
Protection for the buyer -- using PayPal.

Oct 1, 2011 at 7:28 PM Post #70 of 358

Quote:

So you're saying for every single trade we do on head-fi we should exchange funds in two directions with expensive paypal fees on top?

Yeah, ok.

I (almost) always pay fees even without been asked to. (except to *known* users)

Hope this gets solved. for what I read the buyer is being reckless and close minded, dont know if
1_ He's dumb.
2_ Has the intention to scam you
3_ Has a very different story to tell.

Directed by M. Night Shyamalan.​

Oct 1, 2011 at 8:34 PM Post #71 of 358
I would much rather pay fees than not although my most recent purchase was via gift since neither of us wanted to pay the fees and the sellers feedback was good enough where it wasn't that much of an issue although I did think about it for a while and was hoping not to get scammed. I do get some protection with regular paypal although not that much protection..

Oct 2, 2011 at 7:06 PM Post #72 of 358
Update:

this guy has responded, but is obviously taking his time:

~Sep 30, 2011 at 2.055pm
Buyer:
I'm sorry but I'm almost final on send them back- why don't you just offer this deal to someone else. earphones getting broken were not part of the deal so I can send it back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
a long wait later...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~yesterday at 8.25am
Buyer:
OK send me some money please, thanks
*** gives email, which is exactly the same as head fi username***

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
after that he promptly goes into hiding

Oct 2, 2011 at 8:08 PM Post #75 of 358
^ You should seriously consider outing this character's username. Here's someone who has gotten you to underwrite a COD sales arrangement, relying completely upon the faith of his good will. Now he is unreasonably holding your goods hostage, for mere postage fees. That's bull.

You are doing other head-fi members a disservice by opening up this situation publicly, and not allowing them the option to avoid problematic dealings with this character. You want help, but won't help in return. That makes you as much of a clown as he is, and basically you would deserve each other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back