Payment dispute: Someone is not paying for my goods already shipped (You be the judge)
Oct 1, 2011 at 7:39 AM Post #16 of 358
That buyer is a jerk but you're at fault too.
There's just no excuse for not packing things properly, was there insurance on the package?
If so you should've just get the insurance claim from the post office.
If no insurance, whoever opted not to get it is basically the one that gets shafted.

Also, why would you ship something first without getting payment from a buyer that (I presume) has little to no feedback?
That's just asking for trouble.

In this case it seems like the buyer won't pay for them no matter what you do, if he's not a total scammer (as you call him), get him to ship the earphones to that resheller
and get them repaired and try to sell them again. Repair costs will be on you but it's better than a total loss.

But all of these things are just rookie seller mistakes to be honest, inadequate packing, shipping before payment, no insurance(?), etc.

Oct 1, 2011 at 7:49 AM Post #17 of 358
The postal worker told me I'll get $150sgd if it is lost;

Not sure if that's considered insured

~~~~~~~~~

Can't classify him as scammer yet, unless I dun see my merlins or money.
However, he has not responded to my pms since yesterday 2:55 pm (head fi time)

He knows he owns me cash(hopefully) or insist on me paying the return trip when the reshell can be had without additional repairs. (50/50 chance of me not paying, unless right driver is spoilt, then i'll pay)

Oct 1, 2011 at 8:21 AM Post #18 of 358

Quote:
That buyer is a jerk but you're at fault too.
There's just no excuse for not packing things properly, was there insurance on the package?
If so you should've just get the insurance claim from the post office.
If no insurance, whoever opted not to get it is basically the one that gets shafted.

Also, why would you ship something first without getting payment from a buyer that (I presume) has little to no feedback?
That's just asking for trouble.

In this case it seems like the buyer won't pay for them no matter what you do, if he's not a total scammer (as you call him), get him to ship the earphones to that resheller
and get them repaired and try to sell them again. Repair costs will be on you but it's better than a total loss.

But all of these things are just rookie seller mistakes to be honest, inadequate packing, shipping before payment, no insurance(?), etc.

Get him to ship to the resheller? I think that's been attempted, ad nauseum.

Asking for postage to ship them back when he's sitting on a pair of free customs. Wow, the stones on this guy.

I think we need the handle of the buyer in this case. No different than the "hockey guy" who was banned for withholding trades.

Oct 1, 2011 at 8:33 AM Post #20 of 358
He's offline at the moment;

I just saying this out to get it off my chest,
I felt I was wrong- for the packaging part, but he should have the decency to pay up and go for the reshell
not simply not paying or insist i get it back when he have not tried.

Look at the photos again, does it look like the drivers are spoilt?

he wanted to reshell them right from the start.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I as much as I hate to pay another 50sgd, it looks like the best possible outcome I can ever hope for.

Buyer, watch out!
I will give you the worst feedback when you send it back to me... I'm real pissed at the trouble you caused

Oct 1, 2011 at 8:52 AM Post #25 of 358

Quote:
Get him to ship to the resheller? I think that's been attempted, ad nauseum.

Asking for postage to ship them back when he's sitting on a pair of free customs. Wow, the stones on this guy.

I think we need the handle of the buyer in this case. No different than the "hockey guy" who was banned for withholding trades.

I've got no handles on him.

except his email

oh, and his address

Oct 1, 2011 at 8:53 AM Post #26 of 358
Benjerry, you really have no other choice but to send the guy the 50SGD and pray that they're returned. I hate when these deals go sideways, but you have a good shot at getting your customs back. There is no way this guy is paying for them. I assume there was no "seller protection" on the sale (via paypal)?

Oct 1, 2011 at 8:54 AM Post #28 of 358

Ok explain to me why you you have to pay for a service before he does it.

His terms are "service first, payment later" which is what he demanded when you sent him the Merlin, before receiving any payment.

and now you are paying him for postage BEFORE he posts something back to you, did he even pay you for the postage of sending the Merlins to him? What the hell is wrong with you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back