Payment dispute: Someone is not paying for my goods already shipped (You be the judge)
Oct 4, 2011 at 4:49 AM Post #152 of 358
If you can sell it for $350, then do it! Let's look at it this way:
You pay him $50, and he ships to you. Now you have a pair of broken IEMs. You'll need to fix it somehow, which costs money. Then let's say you sell for $405 again. You will receive AT MOST $355 (If repairs are free, which i doubt they are).
Now, that's just the good scenario, where he actually DOES ship it. What if he doesn't? Then you're down IEMs AND $50.

Oct 4, 2011 at 5:15 AM Post #154 of 358

I was going to suggest he ship them direclty to a custom IEM company with someones impressions on file, and they wire you $400 Benjerry, but this kid is dumb and if he's willing to pay you $350 you should immediately accept that and get it over with.

Oct 4, 2011 at 10:20 AM Post #157 of 358

Quote:
Ok, I trust u. I'll just take 350usd then

given the situation, this is your best option, sadly.
 but leave him marked as a "bad dealer"

Quote:
lol, he tried to buy some IE8s off some other user

http://www.head-fi.org/t/544353/bnib-sennheiser-ie8#post_7339013

angry_face.gif

Oct 4, 2011 at 10:28 AM Post #158 of 358

Quote:
Ok, I trust u. I'll just take 350usd then

$350 will become $250. Honestly this is a slam-dunk and you shouldn't be discussing it here unless he fails to pay on the new agreement... he's obviously concerned about his info getting out there, but I would bet a month's pay that he can't come up with the $350.

Oct 4, 2011 at 10:43 AM Post #159 of 358

Quote:
lol, he tried to buy some IE8s off some other user

http://www.head-fi.org/t/544353/bnib-sennheiser-ie8#post_7339013

I am surprised he isn't trying to trade the Merlins for the IE8's.  What a D-Bag.

Oct 4, 2011 at 2:00 PM Post #161 of 358
I haven't bothered to read through 11 pages of posts so let me address BenJerry directly:

I don't know how many transactions you have done in the past, but your conduct was deplorable.  Firstly, you agreed to a ridiculous compromised form of payment that puts all the onus on you.  At the very least, you should have taken his information and run a pre-auth beforehand to ensure mutually assured destruction.  (If he doesn't pay, you run the card.)  Then you shipped an expensive electronic item... without boxing it?  Any good company takes the utmost care to box, using foam, bubble wrap, packing peanuts, stuffing with crumpled paper... UPS, USPS, Fedex EMS, all of these companies treat packages as if they were their own - and they were angry at it.  Tossed, crushed, squished, shaking and rattling - the fact that it arrived broken was entirely your fault.  Had I been the customer I would have sent it back immediately, and if you were a seller worth your salt you would have done an RMA or sent a call tag or paid for my shipping with a smile and an apology as due to my error the item arrived not as described.  Any good seller insures their packages for the MSRP of the item, which costs a pittance in comparison to what would be lost if the item is damaged in route.  Once the buyer was faced with this destroyed piece of gear, he had the option.  He chose to hold off until he could ascertain the warranty and cost of a fix.  The fact that he chose to send them back is within his rights and something I would have done right away.  Before he came to this decision he was pestered every seven minutes (look at the time stamps) with increasingly hysterical accusatory and inflammatory messages, only cementing yourself as a terrible seller.  The only way you could have done this worse would have been if you made him pay first and then never sent the item.  You are one step away from being that guy.

If, on the other hand, the buyer never sends the item back and never pays, then he is the scammer and you are the scammed.

Oct 4, 2011 at 2:43 PM Post #163 of 358
OP would probably have better luck contacting notdaniele's parents than the police.

Should be very easy to get the parents' contact information with notdaniele's real name and address.

Oct 4, 2011 at 3:47 PM Post #165 of 358

Quote:
I haven't bothered to read through 11 pages of posts so let me address BenJerry directly:

<snip>

Excellent.  A+++++++++++ WOULD READ AGAIN, etc.
That buyer may or may not be a scammer, but OP, your behaviour is as least just as bad.
It would an amusing twist if the other party left feedback for you as well so other people are forewarned.

Whether he's scamming or not, the way you handled this transaction and the conduct you have shown in this thread
puts you very firmly in the "steer clear from this person" group in my eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back