Panasonic RP-HTX7, what a suprise
Mar 3, 2014 at 6:31 PM Post #61 of 65
Thanks. I didnt know which wire to put on which tab of the jack, so i soldered the red the the longer tab and the white to the shorter and i assumed the green was ground

Mar 3, 2014 at 6:53 PM Post #62 of 65
This is what my left driver looks like. I couldnt find a close up pic of another one to make sure i was soldering the right wires. And the jack too. Im new to soldering so I know they dont look pretty

Apr 1, 2016 at 3:42 AM Post #63 of 65
I just did this to my precious Panasonic RP-HTX7 (white) and it totally killed the sound quality it had. The stock sound was so good and it ruined it. Sorry to say this fellas but i am so glad it was totally reversible. I didn't do the cable thing, i only did "Sealing the holes" thing and it competently lost it's beauty in sound. :frowning2:

But thanks a lot for helping us to make things better.... for many these are cheapo but for some people (like my self) they are awesome, expensive and precious.

Dec 2, 2016 at 10:02 AM Post #64 of 65
Sound is of cause always a matter of taste. I just did the mod after needing to rewire anyway and I have to say that they sound much better now. Less bass (which is good in this case), a little less loud but much clearer. I am comparing two modded pairs to one that is not modded yet. And even in comparison with a dt 990-pro which I love, they don't sound bad at all - different, but not bad! The frequency response is pretty close, highs are not as defined (good for bad mp3s :- ), they sound narrower, the stereofield is not as wide I guess ...

A definite improvement IMHO, THX a lot for the idea

Dec 26, 2017 at 5:58 PM Post #65 of 65
I just picked up one of these for cheap on Craigslist.

As many others have noted, the mid-range is kind of recessed. I'm hoping the tape mod can open up the mids a bit more. However, the pics in this thread no longer work.

Anyone got any updated pics of the driver and what needs to be done?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back