Panasonic RP-HTX7, what a suprise
Jan 17, 2010 at 7:12 PM Post #16 of 65
bought these off ebay a while ago, hundreds were being sold for £14 or so, they are incredible headphones for the price, look excellent and sound pretty nice + are maintainable (they come apart nicely to clean, mod, fix, etc). Will try taping the holes up on mine, thanks for the tip
biggrin.gif

Mar 16, 2010 at 12:36 AM Post #17 of 65
Yeah these are really nice. i found these at frys for 29.99 for pink and green, 49.99 for red. They were out of the green so I choose pink, big whoop.

Apr 7, 2010 at 8:42 PM Post #18 of 65
Mine are just in, just on my head and I'm pleased with the initial sound. I hope that with burn in it improves, especially the bass for it could be tighter.

Feb 1, 2011 at 12:20 PM Post #20 of 65
great mod, did it with mine and the sound is so much better, would recommend this to anyone who has these cans. my stepdad is gonna get some, and i'll be doing this mod for him too :)

Feb 22, 2011 at 4:33 AM Post #21 of 65
Easy mod! This was my first time opening up any headphones. I don't notice a difference, but I am enjoying it anyways. I used the regular scotch "magic" tape that you can write on. Listening to Hiroto Uyama - Final Fantasy IV Theme of Love right now :] this song is so beautiful. I want to listen to it forever.

Mar 20, 2011 at 4:48 PM Post #22 of 65
How did you put the audio cable in paracord? I dont have any experience with it and never tried looking "into" a paracord, so im curious if you need a certain type of paracord or something. Thanks

Mar 20, 2011 at 8:26 PM Post #23 of 65
Its been a while but I think its called 550 paracord.  It has a nylon shell and 7 inner strands. Cut the length of cord need.  Remove the 7 inner strands.  Insert the wire into the nylon shell.  Once you get a inch or so of wire in the nylon shell, you continue by pushing the the nylon over the wire from a inch or two in front of the wire.  This will make the nylon expand in diameter and slide over the wire.  I you try to keep pushing the wire into the nylon it contract over the wire and not move.  Pulling on the nylon will make it small.  Pushing it together will make it expand.

Apr 30, 2011 at 4:33 AM Post #24 of 65
Hi,

one more thing: could you please tell me where did you get that cable, or the exact name of the cable, or something similar on ebay. Because I got the Neutrik Jack, i got paracord, and I bought a headphone cable, but its too wide for the paracord, and I couldnt find anything thinner anywhere.

Thanks

Apr 30, 2011 at 7:25 AM Post #25 of 65
The cable I used is the Mogami Miniature Quad Mic Cable (W2893).  You can also use the (W2799), it is the same cable just with a cheaper jacket for permanent install use so it cost less.  Of course the Jacket on both these wire does not matter because they will be stripped along with the copper shielding.  All you want is the four wires inside.  The paracord will go around the four wires.

Apr 30, 2011 at 1:14 PM Post #27 of 65
Just the opposite.  With all the holes the drivers diaphragm is allowed to move freely.  Great if you have good driver.  In this case the drive is producing flabby bloated bass so covering up a hole or two creates back pressure thus reducing the diaphragms movements.  What you have left is a tighter controlled bass and better treble.

May 17, 2011 at 12:19 PM Post #30 of 65
i went from these to AKG K518 DJ, is a good upgrade, i never realised how recessed the mids on the pannys were. The overall sound it better to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back