Panasonic RP-HTX7, what a suprise
Dec 19, 2011 at 8:30 PM Post #47 of 65
from recable or tape mod?

Quote:
don't even get me started.

these kind of thread...

let's just say i spent half an hour and ended up with muffled mid and highs.

Not gonna trashtalk you but i am pissed.

Aug 30, 2012 at 3:32 AM Post #48 of 65
Thanks sunneebear for such a great idea !!

I've just done the mod and now it sounds much better, in par with the Aurvana Live !!
basshead.gif

The only thing I did different is when opening the case, first I removed the screws, then removed the case and then the pads from behind (I was afraid to break the leather pads by pulling too tightly), I think this way is safer. In the end, I replaced the screws, mounted the case and placed the pads back in its place (the fit in very easily).

Some pictures of the process:

Sep 4, 2012 at 12:32 PM Post #51 of 65
Hi everybody :)
Does it make a difference if the 2 pieces of medical tape not only cover the 2 holes, but also
extend a bit up and down covering the holes nearby? (those were already covered by tape, so it shouldn't make a difference, but I just wanted to be sure! :)

Sep 8, 2012 at 2:06 AM Post #53 of 65
Thank you! I've tried the mod! It was really easy and indeed it improved sound! 
I'm curious about how it would sound with just one hole taped. I guess it would be an intermediate situation between the modded version and the factory version. Has anybody tried?

Jun 19, 2013 at 11:25 AM Post #57 of 65
Quote:
Thank you! I've tried the mod! It was really easy and indeed it improved sound! 
I'm curious about how it would sound with just one hole taped. I guess it would be an intermediate situation between the modded version and the factory version. Has anybody tried?

I've tried hundreds of holes variation. Until I got very familiar with RP HTX7's air circulation and pressure inside these cups...
Believe it or not, RP HTX 7 blessed with very good driver. Once everything got right, you'll about forget about how the default RP HTX7 sounded like....

Sep 5, 2013 at 6:37 AM Post #58 of 65
Hi everyone, I know this is a bit of an old thread now but I've just picked up a couple pairs of these headphones and wondered if anyone could give a first-time-modder some advice. I've read what you've done sunneebear and while the tape-mod to cover the holes seems simple enough, I wondered if you would advise a complete noob like myself to attempt the cable mod?

I don't have any tools such as a soldering iron etc so I would need advice about what tools to use but more specifically I'd like to know exactly how to mod the cable, which cable to use (and where to get it if possible, I'm in the UK btw) and if it will make a significant improvement on the sound.

I got these headphones to replace my Phonak Audeo PFE 012 in-ear monitors as I just can't get on with using them with the Comply foam tips, I can't get a comfy fit and they often start to come out after a while and I'm constantly having to re-adjust them. Anyway, I'm more used to using over-ear headphones as I have a pair of Audio Technica ATH-M50's at home which I use on my computer when either listening or making music. I was going to use those with my iPod Touch for when I'm out and about but they leak sound quite a bit and the cable is ridiculously long.

So after searching for while for some good headphones that don't leak sound too much, I stumbled across this thread and some other reviews and they seemed to be a good choice for the very, very low price.

It would be great if you guys could help me out with any suggestions about how to go about modding the 'phones (or even an alternative pair of headphones with low sound-leakage).

Thanks a lot.

Mar 3, 2014 at 5:32 PM Post #59 of 65
I put on the nuetrik jack and the 550 paracord and while doing so accidentaly pulled the wires from the solder pad from the left driver. I soldered them back but now the right driver isnt as loud. The highs sound equal, the mids are noticable, and the lows are hardly coming through the right- if at all. Any ideas?

Mar 3, 2014 at 5:41 PM Post #60 of 65
I put on the nuetrik jack and the 550 paracord and while doing so accidentaly pulled the wires from the solder pad from the left driver. I soldered them back but now the right driver isnt as loud. The highs sound equal, the mids are noticable, and the lows are hardly coming through the right- if at all. Any ideas?

Sounds like you may have a positive and negative crossed somewhere.  Either the driver or the neutrik plug.  Most likely the plug.  The positive solder tab in the plug could be touching ground also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back