Panasonic RP-HTX7 vs. Creative Aurvana Live!
Mar 12, 2011 at 1:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

b33eazy

New Head-Fier
I'm a young college student (and a newbie) and I'm not sure which headphones I should get. I have an iPhone and I plan on getting headphones to match the quality of my phone. My budget is $100 something bucks. And I read about both, and I'm leaning  towards the HTX7. I NEED great isolation, and I heard that the HTX7. However, I hear that the Creative has excellent sound--which is just as important. However, I hear HTX7 has amazing sound, too. I also love the retro style of the HTX7... So which ones do you people prefer or want to add other choices?

Mar 12, 2011 at 1:46 AM Post #2 of 13
i can vouch for creative aurvana live, have them, love them for their warm bassy fun sound. highs are not grating for me. best of all, most comfortable set of cans i have tried thus far, this is coming from someone who wears thick plastic frames and has a long head. great bang for buck

Mar 12, 2011 at 1:49 AM Post #3 of 13

Quote:
I'm a young college student (and a newbie) and I'm not sure which headphones I should get. I have an iPhone and I plan on getting headphones to match the quality of my phone. My budget is $100 something bucks. And I read about both, and I'm leaning  towards the HTX7. I NEED great isolation, and I heard that the HTX7. However, I hear that the Creative has excellent sound--which is just as important. However, I hear HTX7 has amazing sound, too. I also love the retro style of the HTX7... So which ones do you people prefer or want to add other choices?

The Aurvana sounds good, but the isolation is not good. If isolation is important, look at something else.

Mar 12, 2011 at 2:08 AM Post #5 of 13
If you're worrying about isolation, you should consider IEMs. They block out most if not all sound for me when I have my music playing. My iPhone is usually set at half the volume and I can't hear ANYTHING other than my music when I'm going to class.

Quote:
^Yeah, I heard that's the big negative... Isolation is very important... However, I did hear the Live's are comfortable...

Mar 12, 2011 at 2:27 AM Post #6 of 13
^ Do you have a link to those? Isolation, sound and comfort is the combination I want for my headphones...

EDIT: And I would prefer if they look stylish--but it isn't a must... But my budget is $100 bucks...

Mar 12, 2011 at 11:32 AM Post #8 of 13
Having owned both, I liked the HTX7 more because they're way cheaper, isolate, have a more thunderous bass rather than the slightly sloppy one of the CAL!, and feel more solid. The clarity is nice too, but the CAL! has a bit more sparkle. I think CAL!'s are better for electronic/pop and HTX7's are better for rock/metal. Both are great options, nonetheless. I think you might be happier with the HTX7's if you're as budget-conscious as me. If you need more help feel free to PM me.

Mar 12, 2011 at 12:27 PM Post #9 of 13
the CAL!'s (/D1001) are really good for electropop.

It's hard to match the magic they do with Perfume.

I find that synthy music has a limiting factor and can never have the potential of other music, and they don't necessarily sound better with better headphones.

The D1001's are perfect for that.

The bass is a bit slabby before recable, but it's certainly tolerable, and it's much warmer before the recable which is good for rock music =)
(mogami recable)

EDIT: Oh, and everything people have been saying about the isolation it true.
I'd say isolation is about 60% or so.. which is not very good at all.

Mar 14, 2011 at 5:32 PM Post #10 of 13
i have the rp-htx7 and they isolate very well, also do the tape mod if you get them, makes the bass less bloated. I would go for the rp-htx7 if isolation is a issue and theyre extremly cheap and fun to listen to. EQ helps.

Mar 18, 2011 at 3:53 AM Post #12 of 13
its where you tape up 2 of the 3 holes on the back of the driver. Thread is called rp-htx7... What a surprise!

Mar 18, 2011 at 4:02 AM Post #13 of 13
head-fi.org/forum/thread/449350/panasonic-rp-htx7-what-a-suprise

Users who are viewing this thread

Back