Panasonic RP-HJE900 Zirconia Review
Sep 20, 2010 at 9:40 AM Post #241 of 599

Quote:

Either what you have said is true or there is something wrong with his set or possibly not getting a good seal when he thinks he is. What he is describing is nothing like what I'm hearing.

It could be that i am not getting a good seal. I am gonna go to Best Buy today and get Sony Hybrids to see if there is any improvement or not. I think there is something wrong with my ears since i am the only one who is having trouble with hje900. 
dt880smile.png

I did had a thought yesterday for a minute about changing my hearing pattern just like ultrazino suggested, but then my heart said, 'oh you love bass, how can you give up so easily', and so i was back to square one. So when ultrazino suggested i change my taste, i couldn't help laugh while reading it.  
bigsmile_face.gif

Sep 20, 2010 at 12:16 PM Post #242 of 599

Quote:
I think there is something wrong with my ears since i am the only one who is having trouble with hje900. 

You're not the only one. I never managed to get a good seal with stock tips and as a result the HJE900 didn't sound right to my ears. I remember almost every alternate tips I tried sounded better than stock and I finally settled on UE silicons.

Sep 20, 2010 at 12:59 PM Post #243 of 599
James444, i am thinking of getting UE tips for my HJE900 as well. What type of UE tips are you using? From UE website, there are basically two types: black one for Triplefi and transparent one for Superfi. trying to figure our which one gives better seal. Would really appreciated if you or someone else could give me some advice. Thanks!

Sep 20, 2010 at 1:04 PM Post #245 of 599
Yeah, you're not the only one.  I really didn't hear a whole heck of a lot of low bass with the ones I tried either.  Mostly got just some mid bass boom.

The mids were very recessed almost to the point of sounding sucked out.  I can't remember if I tried any other tips than stock.  Probably not.

Another issue is that certain players may have problems with these low Ohm IEMs.  I was getting alot of hiss with the HJE900 on my Zune.  I didn't have my Fuze at the time.  The low ohm IEM may not produce accurate bass for those players that put out mid level impedance (something greater than zero).  That's just a theory though.

I did actually hear a headphone that sounded like how the HJE900 sounded to me.  I played my KSC-75 through my Fuze which sounds great without EQ.  However, when you switch to ROCK EQ it sounded alot like how I remembered the HJE900.  Basically, its a really steep V shapeed EQ curve. 

Sep 20, 2010 at 1:21 PM Post #246 of 599
So I got mine earlier today in the mail. I do like them having detachable cables which are nice and thankfully for me their cable length is not a problem like some other people so they are just the right length where I can put it in my pocket and over the ears and some extra length for moving around. This is only with my J3 where it prefers a straight plug as the headphone out is on the bottom.

I believe this have 20 hours or so on them so my clip+ will get plenty of use over the next couple days.

Just out of curiosity does the chin slider fall down after some time? it seems a bit loose to me. However the detachable cable system seems better than the TF10 which were damn near impossible to take out. These are not as heavy as I thought they would be so should be fine. They are warm but not as much as my Eterna so far. They seem fairly balanced with the mids being a tiny bit recessed but not as much as the TF10 (from memory) and sound closer to what I wanted the TF10 to sound like but I'll see how they compare in a couple days. Time for these to go to the clip+

Sep 20, 2010 at 1:25 PM Post #247 of 599
I'm curious what you think of these versus your RE-Zeros.

Sep 20, 2010 at 1:38 PM Post #248 of 599
The slider is loose.  I think, the trick is to try to twist the slider and compress the cables to sort of lock it.  Not sure if that works well though.  Might just loosen up again if you move around.

Sep 20, 2010 at 1:53 PM Post #249 of 599
I'll try it in a couple days when I take them out for portable use but until then they will be used by my dac/amp and clip+ for burn in. If it slides down a lot like when I had my DBA-02 I'll just make my own which works fine. I was hoping this would be a middle ground to my RE-Zero and Eterna as it's a bit difficult when going from one to the other since it's pretty dramatic but this may provide a middle ground if I decide to keep my Eterna although unlikely since I doubt it will get much use. I think I like them more than the MC5 I had however but that's based on 20 minutes of listening.

Sep 20, 2010 at 2:15 PM Post #251 of 599

Quote:
The slider is loose.  I think, the trick is to try to twist the slider and compress the cables to sort of lock it.  Not sure if that works well though.  Might just loosen up again if you move around.

That's the annoying thing about the pannys , that lose slider , i have tryed everything to keep it locked in place ,to no avail ,may have to resort to a bit of tape to stick it in place
popcorn.gif

Sep 20, 2010 at 4:53 PM Post #254 of 599
You won't get it from me but maybe lucozade can offer something
smily_headphones1.gif
It's been too long since I had them so any comparison other than build and implementation of replaceable cables is unfair since audio memory only goes so far and I had the TF10 around a year ago. If these surpass the TF10 for lucozade I'd be pretty surprised. If these had the CK10 cable in a replaceable fashion these would be hands down the most durable and best build universal in existence.

Sep 20, 2010 at 5:09 PM Post #255 of 599
I was just wandering if any of you had a chance to compare them to phonak audeos? I just found myself in a position, when I need to buy something new, I just crave new earphones and I cannot decide if I should get DBA-02 or HJE900 [or just stick with PFEs]. Would any of these be an upgrade compared to phonak? I was always on the bright side of sound so, after reading some reviews here, I should choose FA, on the other hand samsung P3 is a bright DAP, so maybe HJE900 would be a better match? Any suggestions?
" class="bbcode_smiley" height="" src="http://files.head-fi.org/images/smilies//biggrin.gif" title="
biggrin.gif
" width="" />
If that would help in anyway- I tried NuForce Ne-6 some time ago- I couldn't stand amounts of low freq on that thing. Are  HJE900 anywhere close to that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back