Panasonic RP-HJE900 Zirconia Review
Sep 17, 2010 at 2:43 PM Post #211 of 599

Quote:
I went to the college myself.
My dorm rooms had a ton more things on the walls, though!

Awesome; always great to find a fellow Lion. Oh, and my walls will definitely be getting much more populated soon =P. I'm in a much larger room this year than my past 2 ones, so I kind of had to spread stuff around lol and haven't gotten to really decorating my room yet.

Sep 18, 2010 at 12:32 AM Post #212 of 599
Woah. Has anyone listened to the Naturespace demo through these things? I don't have any other headphones to compare to at the moment, but my mind was blown, especially when the thunder comes in early in the demo. I'd listened to all kinds of music with these, but no ambient tracks till now. Ridiculously large soundstage in this recording, and these headphones provide very realistic thunder rumble.

Do check it out, these people have worked some great technical wizardry for the quality of these recordings.

http://www.naturespace.com/demo.php

Oh and as per their recommendations, start at a relatively low volume, and close your eyes to listen, if possible.

Sep 19, 2010 at 8:20 AM Post #213 of 599
I just tried the Demo. Foolishly I got the "Earbud Optimized" version first, which was impressive already. But the "Full Spectrum" is truly amazing!

Wish I had more than a demo, though. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sep 19, 2010 at 11:20 AM Post #214 of 599
guys, i just received the hje900. 

I am impressed by the build quality and how good is the overall iem.

But, I am disappointed by the bass that is lacking. Was it always suppose to be like that? More of treble and mids and less bass? Or is it something with the fitting of ear tips?

Please advice. 

PS: I haven't burned them in. It has around 2 hours of music time. Will it improve?

I am listening to normal volume like before. no change in that. 

Thanks

Sep 19, 2010 at 1:53 PM Post #215 of 599

Quote:

But, I am disappointed by the bass that is lacking. Was it always suppose to be like that? More of treble and mids and less bass? Or is it something with the fitting of ear tips?

Please advice. 

PS: I haven't burned them in. It has around 2 hours of music time. Will it improve?

Thanks

The amount of bass for any iem is dramatically effected by the fit. If the seal is not good, then you won't have very much bass with any iem.

Sep 19, 2010 at 1:54 PM Post #216 of 599
make sure you are pushing the tips far enough in your ears and that you are getting a good seal

Sep 19, 2010 at 1:57 PM Post #217 of 599
me thinks you do not have a good seal ,and what tips are you using on them , comply  tips bring out the best bass and tame the treble on these.
popcorn.gif

Quote:

Please advice. 

Thanks

Sep 19, 2010 at 4:34 PM Post #219 of 599
are these phones good for classical or rock? i also listen to some hip hop and other. im lookin for <100 iems . basically down to MC5, IE6 and HJE900. i don't want to get the RE0 since i hear there are ALOT of durability issues and as a high school student, i want this to be a LONG term investment.

Sep 19, 2010 at 4:38 PM Post #220 of 599

Quote:
are these phones good for classical or rock? i also listen to some hip hop and other. im lookin for <100 iems . basically down to MC5, IE6 and HJE900. i don't want to get the RE0 since i hear there are ALOT of durability issues and as a high school student, i want this to be a LONG term investment.

hje900 is excellent for rock music , and works well with other styles like, blues , country , instrumental stuff  etc 
happy_face1.gif

Sep 19, 2010 at 5:54 PM Post #223 of 599
they have that as deal of the day today?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back