Panasonic CZs (HJE900) Appreciation Thread and Pending Review
Mar 10, 2011 at 7:22 PM Post #766 of 920
Same or look for the L or R markings on the side that so many people seem to overlook 
blink.gif

erm, much faster and easier to just feel for the bump, the markings are small :)

Mar 10, 2011 at 7:45 PM Post #767 of 920
But if your second pair comes without the bump it's much easier to look for the markings. 
wink.gif

Mar 15, 2011 at 6:32 AM Post #768 of 920
Quote:
I haven't even thought about the Pana's lately how's everybody doing with them are they still getting eartime? Or have you found something different or better.

Are you kidding?? I have become the HJE900! I'm thinking of getting myself a tattoo of these babies! I have them since August last year and I couldn't even imagine a better suited IEM for me. All of my friends are wowed just as much and I got Panasonic two new clients.

I'm also looking for a fullsize headphone upgrade because the Panny just killed the HFI-780 for me!
frown.gif

And as it seems, I have to increase my budget by quite a number because even the PRO 750 or Denon D2000 won't cut it!

I feel very very sorry for Panasonic for not getting the appreciation they deserve. Meanwhile, since my import from UK, the prices have even dropped in Germany by 35 € to 115 €. Nobody expects high quality at that price and those that are willing to spend that little, usually prefer muddy bass crap in-ears like the CX500. Sad but true.

I also find it very sad that there's no Apple headset cable available for the HJE900... I haven't even seen replacement cables in Europe yet! Probably because of the poor sales.

Mar 15, 2011 at 9:56 AM Post #769 of 920

Quote:
Are you kidding?? I have become the HJE900! I'm thinking of getting myself a tattoo of these babies! I have them since August last year and I couldn't even imagine a better suited IEM for me. All of my friends are wowed just as much and I got Panasonic two new clients.

I'm also looking for a fullsize headphone upgrade because the Panny just killed the HFI-780 for me!
frown.gif

And as it seems, I have to increase my budget by quite a number because even the PRO 750 or Denon D2000 won't cut it!

I feel very very sorry for Panasonic for not getting the appreciation they deserve. Meanwhile, since my import from UK, the prices have even dropped in Germany by 35 € to 115 €. Nobody expects high quality at that price and those that are willing to spend that little, usually prefer muddy bass crap in-ears like the CX500. Sad but true.

I also find it very sad that there's no Apple headset cable available for the HJE900... I haven't even seen replacement cables in Europe yet! Probably because of the poor sales.

If you love them so much, why don't you marry them?  
biggrin.gif

Haha actually you might wanna try to get a 2nd pair to store away, since they are discontinued...

Mar 15, 2011 at 11:29 AM Post #770 of 920

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazirker /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you love them so much, why don't you marry them?  
biggrin.gif

Haha actually you might wanna try to get a 2nd pair to store away, since they are discontinued...

It's hard to believe but I actually love my wife even more!
tongue.gif

Does anybody have the Asian version? It looks a little different (not the metal finish on the end of the cables but black rubber, also available in white) and supposedly the cable is longer (1,2m opposed to 1,0m). It also has a nicer carrying pouch and more stock tips.

Mar 15, 2011 at 11:47 AM Post #771 of 920

Quote:

It's hard to believe but I actually love my wife even more!
tongue.gif

Does anybody have the Asian version? It looks a little different (not the metal finish on the end of the cables but black rubber, also available in white) and supposedly the cable is longer (1,2m opposed to 1,0m). It also has a nicer carrying pouch and more stock tips.

Good question, I'd like to see a picture or two of the white ones in action.

Mar 15, 2011 at 12:39 PM Post #772 of 920
 The Japanese and the American are the same IEM, just the packaging is different. (read: MUCH NICER) But really, the IEMs are the exact same. I think they were losing money on the American distribution, but the Japanese is still being produced. The audio quality should be the same. Maybe the cord is a bit different, but that is just where the differences end. Oh right, and the japanese have a nice looking white one.

Also extra tips for the asian distro should not surprise anyone. I think they assumed that americans are bigger and therefore don't need the XS tips...

Also, is it me or do the Japanese know how to advertize? Our adverts always seem so plain in comparison to the Japanese... Japanese seem so much more artistic...

Mar 15, 2011 at 12:46 PM Post #773 of 920
Judging by the looks, I'm pretty sure we're missing the M sized tip. I've never seen as small tips as the smallest one that came with the HJE900. I usually use M sized tips but with the HJE900 the middle ones are too small and the big ones too large.
Also, Asians have bigger heads!

I actually prefer the metallic finish of the Western version over the all black design. I will try to get the white ones, though. I just hope they're not too feminine.

Mar 15, 2011 at 1:08 PM Post #774 of 920
I'd love to get a second pair, but honestly... I don't like having 2 sets of the same headphone.... I'd probably pick up the ATH-CK10 before I pick-up another pair of these... Besides... the likelihood of these breaking is slim. From what I have heard, the people who broke them completely abused them.

Quote:
Judging by the looks, I'm pretty sure we're missing the M sized tip. I've never seen as small tips as the smallest one that came with the HJE900. I usually use M sized tips but with the HJE900 the middle ones are too small and the big ones too large.
Also, Asians have bigger heads!

I actually prefer the metallic finish of the Western version over the all black design. I will try to get the white ones, though. I just hope they're not too feminine.

Mar 16, 2011 at 4:23 AM Post #775 of 920
I got my HJE900 about 4 months ago,  since then I have also purchased the TF10, Custom 3, and DBA-02.  Out of all these I enjoy the HJE900 out of all of them.  I recently sold the Custom3, although I enjoyed the sound I felt it was lacking in the bass.  I got the DBA recently to see what all the fuss was about and will probably be selling them also.  The Panasonics are just hard to beat overall, I love the build and I have the sound tailored just the way I like it. 

Mar 22, 2011 at 10:42 AM Post #776 of 920
I'm a little confused by all the comments on bass for these. I really enjoy the splashy treble and actually find the upper mids forward of the bass. Distortion guitars sound really special on these. However the bass is very lean. Don't get me wrong, I hear the extension and the slight mid bass hump but the overall bass presentation is really lean. It makes the music sound thin to my ears and doesn't carry the robust note I prefer.

I bought the used. Previous owner says they have 75+ hours and I've put 40+ on them. Instead of a V signature I hear a signature like this: _/
it's like the gain on upper mids and treble are higher than the bass presentation. I suspect it's my ears. I've read a few others have heard these the same way but most seem to hear more bass presentation. Any ideas? How much burn in do these need to sound their best? I have tried my whole arsenal of tips. I think complys and the old Shure e2c tips sound best.

Mar 22, 2011 at 11:23 AM Post #777 of 920

Quote:
I'm a little confused by all the comments on bass for these. I really enjoy the splashy treble and actually find the upper mids forward of the bass. Distortion guitars sound really special on these. However the bass is very lean. Don't get me wrong, I hear the extension and the slight mid bass hump but the overall bass presentation is really lean. It makes the music sound thin to my ears and doesn't carry the robust note I prefer.

I bought the used. Previous owner says they have 75+ hours and I've put 40+ on them. Instead of a V signature I hear a signature like this: _/
it's like the gain on upper mids and treble are higher than the bass presentation. I suspect it's my ears. I've read a few others have heard these the same way but most seem to hear more bass presentation. Any ideas? How much burn in do these need to sound their best? I have tried my whole arsenal of tips. I think complys and the old Shure e2c tips sound best.

Exactly how I feel the music is lean, to analytical for my liking. This is one of the reason I'm considering selling them the bass is not enough and there is not enough weight.
I just recently put stock cables on them and they look so sexy I think I'm going to keep them. Plus they just pop in, good build quality, nice cable I'll keep.

Every time I hear the Pana is bass heavy I grin, there is indeed some thump pleasantly so , but as far as massive sub-bass, weight and body. Not there.
These classify as analytical phones a good pair that leaves me never feeling like darn i could use more bass. They are perfect but not.

Mar 22, 2011 at 11:56 AM Post #778 of 920
You must be a basshead, but I can't say you are entirely wrong on that... I am not a basshead and find the bass quite fine. It is solid, tight and controlled, but not heavy. It has a V shaped curve, but not one that would be favored by a basshead. To call them analytical however is pushing it. Analytical in my mind is flat and transparent. The HJE900s are not flat, and are more readily described as musical imo. I don't know what to tell you other than putting on bassboost which the HJE900s do respond well to. And if that doesn't work... Sell them and look for something with more bass impact. I'm not sure which IEMs have that, but I'm sure you can use Joker's review thread to find one that fits your criteria in your price range. They are highly sought after right now since they are not sold in the states for the price they were a few months ago, so, give them a fair price, and you're guaranteed a fast sale.

Quote:

Mar 22, 2011 at 12:07 PM Post #779 of 920

Quote:
You must be a basshead, but I can't say you are entirely wrong on that... I am not a basshead and find the bass quite fine. It is solid, tight and controlled, but not heavy. It has a V shaped curve, but not one that would be favored by a basshead. To call them analytical however is pushing it. Analytical in my mind is flat and transparent. The HJE900s are not flat, and are more readily described as musical imo. I don't know what to tell you other than putting on bassboost which the HJE900s do respond well to. And if that doesn't work... Sell them and look for something with more bass impact. I'm not sure which IEMs have that, but I'm sure you can use Joker's review thread to find one that fits your criteria in your price range. They are highly sought after right now since they are not sold in the states for the price they were a few months ago, so, give them a fair price, and you're guaranteed a fast sale.

Different ears. To each is own.

Mar 22, 2011 at 12:25 PM Post #780 of 920
Can't argue with that... But my sentiments stands. As near 100hours of burn in should be more than enough for the HJE900s. The only other thing it can be is the source, but I doubt that for some reason. So it is likely that the sound signature doesn't jive with him, and should try boosting the bass. And if that doesn't work to check out Joker's thread.

Quote:
Different ears. To each is own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back