Pads for Grados: A Comparison
Apr 27, 2003 at 5:55 PM Post #46 of 74
I don't find the comfies comfortable either because they just kind of droop over my ears and that causes the feeling of them falling off my head.

The pressure is reduced two fold but still not comfortable for my ears.

Apr 27, 2003 at 6:37 PM Post #47 of 74
And for anyone that's looking to dye their pads, don't bother getting the "Color Remover." It doesn't do much for the pads... I figured I'd buy it and test.. and it changed very little. However, it works great for getting the stains off your countertop
wink.gif

May 24, 2003 at 5:07 PM Post #50 of 74
Quote:

Originally posted by SptsNaz
Can anyone please tell me why the bowl pads have the little cuts on the inside of the pad. My stock bowl pads don't have these cuts. Is it anything major, if not then why is it there?

All I know is that the pads on the 125s I had, had those cuts... the SR325s pads do not... and the RS1s... they had the cuts in them... until they were swapped for vwap's mod pads
wink.gif

Different manufacturing lines maybe?

May 24, 2003 at 7:25 PM Post #53 of 74
Quote:

Originally posted by bangraman
Duncan, you practically own two pairs of flat pads. Hail to my Dremel
biggrin.gif

Credit where credit is due, yes... the dremelled bowls do sound pretty damned good... and are a lot more comfortable than the standard bowls...

You and vwap are far too good to me!
cool.gif

May 25, 2003 at 4:18 AM Post #54 of 74
Just bought a pair of RS1's...GREAT headphones....but the pads...you're right! the bowls suck!!! where can i find the Sennheiser 19545 or the Grado flat pads? if you have extra...are you willing to sell them?

May 25, 2003 at 6:02 AM Post #55 of 74
Quote:

Originally posted by Toby
Any recomendations on dying process. Dont want my ears to turn black!

I'd be fairly confident that the dye won't just bleed onto your ears with washable fabric dye, because if they're washable, they won't be bleeding if they get wet from sweat or rain.

May 25, 2003 at 8:15 AM Post #56 of 74
Quote:

Originally posted by BillyHOEZ
Just bought a pair of RS1's...GREAT headphones....but the pads...you're right! the bowls suck!!! where can i find the Sennheiser 19545 or the Grado flat pads? if you have extra...are you willing to sell them?

the flat pads don't really exist anymore...

check out vwaps mall-fi ad for a good deal on pads
biggrin.gif

May 25, 2003 at 5:15 PM Post #57 of 74
Quote:

Originally posted by FrostyMMB
I'd be fairly confident that the dye won't just bleed onto your ears with washable fabric dye, because if they're washable, they won't be bleeding if they get wet from sweat or rain.

FrostyMMB [and others]:

What I've found and heard from some of those that have bought from me, is that, the dye rubs off (ever so slightly). However, after a few times, goes away.

I currently wash my pads in warm water, then two detergent baths, to get all the dye out, but invaribly, there is always some dye left over. As such, you may just want to keep washing it in detergent until it gets completely out..

Further, if you ever wanted black sideburns, I hear this is a great way to see how you'll look...
wink.gif

May 25, 2003 at 5:25 PM Post #58 of 74
vwap...

...thanks for the service to the community, with your pad mods... I have two pairs (courtesy of Bangraman) and its a real stellar job you did with the dying on them
biggrin.gif

Thanks

Duncan

(There is my feedback for you... I didn't buy them myself so I can't really post in your feedback thread
wink.gif
)

May 25, 2003 at 7:57 PM Post #59 of 74
Quote:

Originally posted by vwap
I currently wash my pads in warm water, then two detergent baths, to get all the dye out, but invaribly, there is always some dye left over. As such, you may just want to keep washing it in detergent until it gets completely out..

Maybe different brands of dyes will give different results. Some people die clothing, and I can't imagine anyone being satisfied with a shirt or pair of pants that leaves them black after wearing it.

Aug 10, 2003 at 2:51 AM Post #60 of 74
Wow
biggrin.gif

I just tried reversing the Grado bowl pads on my Grado RS-1's. It makes a huge difference in the sound. The highs are much smoother. Bass seems better but is a bit less tight. Unfortunately they are much less comfortable. Does anyone know if the modded Sennheiser pads are still available? Do they sound better than the reversed bowl pads?

Thanks,

Barry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back