Out Of Your Head - new virtual surround simulator
Sep 13, 2016 at 8:45 PM Post #781 of 1,284
  Thank you Darin for responding to my inquiry. First off the reason why the latency is much higher in movie mode is because MPC-HC has about 41-60ms latency from all the crazy MADVR imagine enhancement settings I use. With that being said I will try to lower the latency still to see if I get proper audio sync. Usually what I do is I play a movie at half or quarter speed to see when the lips begin to move to match the latency spot on. As of right now it looks good though.

Also Darin you guys must have done something with the engine that reduced the amount of clipping that would take place in movies, there is much less now.

BTW what in the heck is Roon if you don't mind me asking?

I see about the additional latency of MPC-HC. 
For latency testing, I use the files downloaded from here: http://editorsean.com/articles/audio-video-sync-alignment-latency-test/

For clipping, yes, we tried to reach a compromise between overall gain and clipping in the processing engine. But since everyone's systems are so different, especially on Windows, we get some people complaining that the levels are too high and they get clipping. Then we get others who complain that the levels are too low and they need to turn up their amps too high.

Roon is a media player app that is often used in conjunction with Tidal: http://roonlabs.com

-Darin

Sep 14, 2016 at 11:47 AM Post #782 of 1,284
I tried this using with  foobar ,is this compatable,if so could I have detail instructions on how to set it up.
thanks

Sep 14, 2016 at 12:18 PM Post #783 of 1,284
  I tried this using with  foobar ,is this compatable,if so could I have detail instructions on how to set it up.
thanks

Hi @bluzeboy ,
Yes, Out Of Your Head is compatible with Foobar2000.

The audio signal path is:

Foobar2000 --> Out Of Your Head Virtual Audio Device --> DAC --> amp

So in Foobar2000 under "File\Prefrences\Playback\Output", set the "Device" to "DS:primary Sound Driver".

This way, when you launch Out Of Your Head, the Windows Default Playback Device is automatically set to the Out Of Your Head Virtual Audio Device and therefore FooBar will output to the Windows Default Playback Device.

Then in the Out Of Your Head Control Panel, make sure your actual output device (USB DAC or built-in audio, etc.) is selected in the right column.

Once that's set, when you play audio in FooBar2000, you should see the audio levels moving in the Out Of Your Head Control Panel and hear audio in your headphones.

If you still have problems getting Out Of Your Head working with FooBar 2000, please contact us directly via our website.

Thanks,
-Darin

Sep 14, 2016 at 12:21 PM Post #784 of 1,284
Sure thing. Go into foobar and select preferences-> Playback -> Outtut.  as you can see in the picture below you are given a multitude of options. There you will see Out of Your Head as an option for playback output method. Depending on your setup you can chouse to you the Direct Sound OFYH or WASAPI OUTOYH.

Here is an example of mine:

edit: NVM Darin already responded just before me.

Sep 14, 2016 at 12:33 PM Post #785 of 1,284
Darin I just noticed something while I was playing around with the output settings in foobar because of the OP's question. With this new OFYH software version WASAPI output does not work correctly anymore.
When I play music through ii now it skips and sounds like MIDI music in the old arcade games, or Super NES consoles. I have attached picture down below. I can try to clean wipe my Creative drivers as well as OFYH and do a complete reinstall but before I attempt to do so, is there anything you can glean from what I have described and provided below. Sound work fines in Direct Sound output mode, but with the older OFYH version I had Zero issues using WASAPI.

Sep 14, 2016 at 12:54 PM Post #786 of 1,284
  Darin I just noticed something while I was playing around with the output settings in foobar because of the OP's question. With this new OFYH software version WASAPI output does not work correctly anymore.
When I play music through ii now it skips and sounds like MIDI music in the old arcade games, or Super NES consoles. I have attached picture down below. I can try to clean wipe my Creative drivers as well as OFYH and do a complete reinstall but before I attempt to do so, is there anything you can glean from what I have described and provided below. Sound work fines in Direct Sound output mode, but with the older OFYH version I had Zero issues using WASAPI.

I tried WASAPI and it doesn't work on my system either, even after resampling everything to 48kHz.

I will try to figure out the problem.

But, just to let you know that even when using Direct Sound, your processed audio does not output via Direct Sound or the Windows Mixer. Out Of Your Head uses Kernel Streaming to output to your audio device.

-Darin

Oct 13, 2016 at 2:49 PM Post #789 of 1,284
  Hey, any word on if OOYH will be represented at CanJam NYC yet?

We are currently deciding on which CanJam's we are doing next year. We will definitely be a CanJam SoCal. But the expense of traveling is a little prohibitive for us especially since anyone can demo and try Out Of Your Head any time.

In fact, our online demo is the same demo we play at the trade shows and meets. So just put on your headphones and go to our online demo page: http://fongaudio.com/demo
Plus you can always download the trial version and try it on your own computer and headphone system.

While I really enjoy doing the shows, watching everyone's first time reaction to hearing our demo, and meeting all of you, I think an "in home trial" is the best way to audition Out Of Your Head.
I guess there is the 50% off show specials. But if we don't make it to the CanJam's, we will offer the show special during the show dates anyway. 

In fact, we are extending the RMAF 50% off show special to everyone! Here's the link: https://fongaudio.com/rmafcanjam-2016-show-special-extended/

-Darin 

Oct 13, 2016 at 3:27 PM Post #790 of 1,284
  We are currently deciding on which CanJam's we are doing next year. We will definitely be a CanJam SoCal. But the expense of traveling is a little prohibitive for us especially since anyone can demo and try Out Of Your Head any time.

In fact, our online demo is the same demo we play at the trade shows and meets. So just put on your headphones and go to our online demo page: http://fongaudio.com/demo
Plus you can always download the trial version and try it on your own computer and headphone system.

While I really enjoy doing the shows, watching everyone's first time reaction to hearing our demo, and meeting all of you, I think an "in home trial" is the best way to audition Out Of Your Head.
I guess there is the 50% off show specials. But if we don't make it to the CanJam's, we will offer the show special during the show dates anyway. 

In fact, we are extending the RMAF 50% off show special to everyone! Here's the link: https://fongaudio.com/rmafcanjam-2016-show-special-extended/

-Darin 

Shoot, I was hoping to try to get head measurements from you guys if you'd be in the area. I really wish there was somewhere to get a measurements done on the east coast. Hell, if a testing rig was simple enough to put together I'd try to make one myself.

Also, does that 50% off apply to effect licenses too? There are quite a few I've developed a liking for after some tube experimentation on the Vali 2. I might need to snag them all if that's the case! 
biggrin.gif

Oct 13, 2016 at 3:59 PM Post #791 of 1,284
  Shoot, I was hoping to try to get head measurements from you guys if you'd be in the area. I really wish there was somewhere to get a measurements done on the east coast. Hell, if a testing rig was simple enough to put together I'd try to make one myself.

Also, does that 50% off apply to effect licenses too? There are quite a few I've developed a liking for after some tube experimentation on the Vali 2. I might need to snag them all if that's the case! 
biggrin.gif

If we do come out to NYC, we could bring our measurement gear. However, i don't know any good listening rooms available in NYC to do measurements. I am sure there are lots, but I just don't know them. We would need to get permission to use someone's listening room.
The cost for the measurement session is $400 per person.

Alternately, if you can find someone with a Smyth Realiser, you can have them do a measurement for you and just send us the files. The conversion to a custom preset for Out Of Your Head is $150 per preset.

The 50% off special only applies to new Out Of Your Head licenses. However, if anyone wants to buy all the presets, I will also extend the show special for a week. You can buy all the presets for the show price of $300. (normally $800)

-Darin

Oct 14, 2016 at 4:12 AM Post #792 of 1,284
If we do come out to NYC, we could bring our measurement gear. However, i don't know any good listening rooms available in NYC to do measurements. I am sure there are lots, but I just don't know them. We would need to get permission to use someone's listening room.
The cost for the measurement session is $400 per person.

Alternately, if you can find someone with a Smyth Realiser, you can have them do a measurement for you and just send us the files. The conversion to a custom preset for Out Of Your Head is $150 per preset.

The 50% off special only applies to new Out Of Your Head licenses. However, if anyone wants to buy all the presets, I will also extend the show special for a week. You can buy all the presets for the show price of $300. (normally $800)

-Darin

No plans to develop this technology as an app for iPhone Darin? To have this on the move would be amazing.

Oct 14, 2016 at 2:04 PM Post #793 of 1,284
No plans to develop this technology as an app for iPhone Darin? To have this on the move would be amazing.

Hi @krismusic ,

I assume you are talking about an iOS or Android version of the Out Of Your Head software. (Not being able to do your own measurements...)

Yes, we have always planned to have a version of Out Of Your Head for mobile devices. In fact, we have been promising to release an Android and iOS version for years. (Yikes, good thing we didn't go with crowd funding for this one. 
biggrin.gif
)

Like many products, we thought it would be a lot less difficult than it has been. However, while I hesitate to make any more promises, we are making good progress. But I know how long it takes to get from the prototype phase to a final release version.
We are definitely working on it.
-Darin

Oct 14, 2016 at 4:58 PM Post #794 of 1,284
Hi @krismusic

I assume you are talking about an iOS or Android version of the Out Of Your Head software. (Not being able to do your own measurements...)

Yes, we have always planned to have a version of Out Of Your Head for mobile devices. In fact, we have been promising to release an Android and iOS version for years. (Yikes, good thing we didn't go with crowd funding for this one. :D )

Like many products, we thought it would be a lot less difficult than it has been. However, while I hesitate to make any more promises, we are making good progress. But I know how long it takes to get from the prototype phase to a final release version.
We are definitely working on it.
-Darin

That would be huge. A shame it's a way off. Good luck with it all and thank you for the response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back