ouija boards experiences
Aug 27, 2010 at 4:17 AM Post #17 of 36
The board is a simple divination tool.

Water divination uses two coat hangers or a tree branch. When the tree branch bows down or the coat hangers move the person is over water. This is still used all over the World and is no big deal. It is divination at it's best. They call a "Water Wicher" up on the phone when water is needed to be found on new land development. Very, very common.
A pendulum is another and one of the most amazing. The point will rotate one direction if held over a female and will rotate another direction if held over a male. The pendulum can also tell what sex a baby is by holding it over the Mother's womb. The pendulum can also be used to find lost things. Even if you were to read books on divination they may not be able to explain the process and why they work.But this stuff is real. These ways are very old and have been in common use for years.

Most of this stuff is no big deal among many. People are afraid of things that they do not understand. .

i want to keep my Ouija stories to myself but did want to shed some light on the subject.

Aug 27, 2010 at 2:35 PM Post #19 of 36

Quote:
I think it's funny the way everyone is talking about this so seriously.

Board games are serious business!

It's a conspiracy... The government is funding resources through companies like Milton Bradley and Parker Brothers to get these devices out to the general public so the mass of people who buy them can perhaps unlock their true powers. Ever wonder why the characters in Sorry! were shaped like they are? Miniature antennas.

Aug 28, 2010 at 12:18 AM Post #20 of 36

This was the game that scared me in 67

Aug 29, 2010 at 11:59 AM Post #23 of 36
Why.. There is so much we don't know.. & so much science cannot explain.. I can get really go into other subjects where science just tends to make things up to ignore or blow off as non sense..Some NDE come to mind.. How a person who is clinically brain dead, come back to life & recite word for word what the Nurse & DR discussed.. In scientific terms this is impossible.. I'm just saying we should have a open mind.. I'm not saying we s hould be nieve & believe everything unexplained as supernatural.. I'm very skeptical myself & try to come to the logical conclussion.. But sometimes it's hard, & feels more like I'm trying to make excuses for science & logic sake.. If child birth wasn't documented, & only heard about though word of mouth & others, I doubt many would believer in such a thing.. Child birth is nuts, what happens, etc..

Quote:
I think it's funny the way everyone is talking about this so seriously.

Aug 29, 2010 at 12:05 PM Post #24 of 36
& make light of it.. I stutter.. & sometimes people react with a innocent laughter cause they don't know how to deal with it & feel uncomfortable.. I can tell between those & others who do so in a malice way. If stuff like this is real & can happen, it is scary.. So, the best way to deal with it, is to make it insignificant & makes jokes about it..

Quote:
The board is a simple divination tool.

Water divination uses two coat hangers or a tree branch. When the tree branch bows down or the coat hangers move the person is over water. This is still used all over the World and is no big deal. It is divination at it's best. They call a "Water Wicher" up on the phone when water is needed to be found on new land development. Very, very common.
A pendulum is another and one of the most amazing. The point will rotate one direction if held over a female and will rotate another direction if held over a male. The pendulum can also tell what sex a baby is by holding it over the Mother's womb. The pendulum can also be used to find lost things. Even if you were to read books on divination they may not be able to explain the process and why they work.But this stuff is real. These ways are very old and have been in common use for years.

Most of this stuff is no big deal among many. People are afraid of things that they do not understand. .

i want to keep my Ouija stories to myself but did want to shed some light on the subject.

Aug 29, 2010 at 3:54 PM Post #25 of 36
There are no such things as spirits or whatever supernatural creatures. The ouija board is just a children's game, so there's nothing dangerous or mysterious about it. Why do you think they sell it at Target in the toys department?

Anyway, like someone mentioned earlier, this "phenomenon" is explained by the ideomotor effect. If you feel your hand move by itself, it is your subconscious or that of your partner controlling it based on preconceived expectations of what the answer to the question should be.

Science: 1
Superstition: -1000

Aug 30, 2010 at 3:28 AM Post #28 of 36

Quote:
Really? You sure? There's been hundreds of millions of years for a creature to evolve like that.

Then it's not a spirit. It's just a creature that evolved...

Aug 30, 2010 at 3:40 AM Post #29 of 36
While the vast majority of my ouija board experiences have been really lame, there was one time when it actually seemed to work (contacting my friend's husband who had passed on).  The freaky thing about it was that words were spelled as he would have spelled them when he was alive (which I didn't know at the time). 
Me: "We're going outside to smoke -is that okay?" 
Response from board: "I DONT SMK"
Me: "SMK?  What does that mean?" 
My friend: "SMK is smoke!  That's how he spelled it in his text messages!"

She was the only one who knew he spelled it like that and wasn't even touching the planchette when the response was made.  It was freaky.  With exception to this experience, I wouldn't ever have taken something like this seriously though.

Aug 30, 2010 at 3:48 AM Post #30 of 36
I had an interesting experience with dowsing when I was a kid. There's a family my family is close with - I consider them cousins, even though there's no blood relationship. They used to own a ranch down in San Diego that we'd spend a lot of time at.

One time we were down there, they had some L-shaped dowsing rods. You held one in each hand, pointing away from your body. When you were over a source of water, the rods were supposed to spread away at a 90 degree angle. I tried them out, and strangely enough, they worked. I was able to trace out a sewer line that I didn't know existed as well as a few aquifers that they were using for wells. It was bizarre - I've never experienced anything like it.

I know dowsing has been discredited, but I have no explanation for what happened. I don't think I consciously moved the rods, but it is possible that there was subconscious movement.

I'm hugely skeptical, but the paranormal is interesting. I've been on a few ghost hunts, have stayed in several "haunted" buildings and take an interest in the paranormal. I've never found anything besides the rational, but dowsing seemed to work. That's not to say there wasn't a rational explanation, but it was quite an experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back