Ortofon new portable amp: MHd-Q7 photos, impressions, and review
May 4, 2013 at 8:08 AM Post #78 of 90
I was just listening casually with arrow 4G and decided to swap to MHd-Q7, boy the difference in sound is clear, crystal clear! MHd-Q7 sound stage has more height, the same width and bitter depth. It has much better bass. 

Truth be told I do not know the impedance of the IEM I am using (R-1L) so it could be just that but the difference is audible. 

May 17, 2013 at 5:34 AM Post #79 of 90
If there was a way I could get ride of the hiss without using resistors I would really need non of my other amps. Does anyone know what causes the hiss? Is there a part I can remove to fix it?

May 20, 2013 at 6:42 AM Post #80 of 90
I finally was able to track down the mod I posted a while back, I tried using google translate but it came out wrong can someone translate lossly on what exactly the mod does, thanks

[font= 'Hiragino Kaku Gothic Pro']MHd-Q7を開けたら、好奇心からコンデンサーを替えたくなってしまい、コンデンサーを交換してしまいました。[/font][font= 'Hiragino Kaku Gothic Pro'][/font]
[font= 'Hiragino Kaku Gothic Pro'][/font]
[font= 'Hiragino Kaku Gothic Pro']結果は元のと比べて厚みのあるふくよかな音に変身しました。[/font][font= 'Hiragino Kaku Gothic Pro'][/font]
[font= 'Hiragino Kaku Gothic Pro']元の音に厚みやふくよかさを加えた音ではありますが、クリアーさやストレートな音は継承しております。[/font][font= 'Hiragino Kaku Gothic Pro'][/font]
[font= 'Hiragino Kaku Gothic Pro']改造によって、元のオルトフォンの味付けとは変わってしまいましたが、私好みの音になり満足です。[/font][font= 'Hiragino Kaku Gothic Pro'][/font]
[font= 'Hiragino Kaku Gothic Pro']試す方は少ないと思いますが、工業グレードのコンデンサーが気に入らない方は是非(笑)[/font]

Jun 22, 2013 at 10:32 PM Post #83 of 90
Finally have an idea what is the probable cause of the noise, it is poor grounding. That mod I posted before is grounding mod. 

Jun 22, 2013 at 10:37 PM Post #84 of 90
Finally have an idea what is the probable cause of the noise, it is poor grounding. That mod I posted before is grounding mod. 
Have you tried the mod?

Jun 29, 2013 at 6:38 AM Post #86 of 90
I've taken new appreciation towards MHd-Q7. I find it that it is best suited for dynamic based IEM/headphone. Its only flaw is the hissing with balance armature that is only it. 

Aug 8, 2013 at 5:55 AM Post #88 of 90
MHd-Q7 came to cardas model 1 rescue, I am liking what I am hearing. I have started reading into cap replacement for MHd-Q7 and whether that can improve the quality of the sound. MHd-Q7 deserve more attention. 

Oct 14, 2018 at 11:28 AM Post #89 of 90
Hello HF friends. Any update of this little audio gem? I have one and works very nice with my Iphone 6S using Sydney Audioquest Mini to mini cable. It works great with Grados and IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back