Oriveti OH300 + OH500 (3/5 driver hybrid IEM's) Thread
Aug 13, 2019 at 1:41 PM Post #61 of 262
TFZ no.3 are definitely outstanding for the price but their sub bass is similar tuned to ATH M50s and they lack mid and upper bass, mids are also recessed to my taste, highs are not bad but still sibilant on quite a few tracks which I personally can not tolerate. They definitely impress with POP, EDM type of music but when you get into other genres they are no go, this is why they belong to my daughter now :) cheap, impressive and as fatiguing for me as M50s. OH500s highs are tuned to perfection to be sibilance free, an interesting thing that their highs are better elevated comparing to SE846 but not sibilant in tracks where SE846 were. OH500 love brighter and detailed sources, I didnt like them with Mojo's darker signature but they are excellent with DF\LG and the best they should be with Fiio M11, Riby R6Pro, iBasso 200-220, Cayin N6... I drive them with Hiby R6Pro. They also don't have impedance problem with my Hiby R6 10Ohm which I liked.

Sep 2, 2019 at 4:37 PM Post #62 of 262
Has anyone tried oh 500 with silver cable?

Sep 6, 2019 at 2:16 PM Post #63 of 262
How would the Oh500 with silver cable any impressions?

Sep 9, 2019 at 6:40 PM Post #64 of 262
Have someone compared the OH500 to Oriolus MK2? I love the OH tuning but I want to know if it is worth upgrading the OH500 to MK2? Thanks!

Sep 9, 2019 at 7:22 PM Post #65 of 262
Oct 5, 2019 at 5:28 PM Post #66 of 262
has anyone compared these to the Periodic Be? I like the overall tonality of the Be (wish it had a less bloat and more resolve) - so I'm looking at the OH500 as a possible upgrade. Thanks!

Oct 5, 2019 at 11:26 PM Post #67 of 262
has anyone compared these to the Periodic Be? I like the overall tonality of the Be (wish it had a less bloat and more resolve) - so I'm looking at the OH500 as a possible upgrade. Thanks!

I have the Be. The OH500 could very well be what you're looking for.

Oct 7, 2019 at 9:30 AM Post #68 of 262
I ordered OH500 and spent couple of days with them. I agree with you on the bass. For me, OH500 are tuned to perfection to be all rounders. Have you tried other cable with them? I changed to Brainwavz balanced 2.5 and even with SE 3.5 adapter, they sound much better. Resolution and highs increased very noticeably. They ship them with similar to DM7 cable and it was bad with both. I owe S8 Freedom and I'm keeping them only for very dark recordings, they have massive treble elevation starting at around 4500Khz which opens up dark stuff and brings massive details to orchestra or some female vocal albums. Very similar treble elevation to IE800 but much better technicalities. According to BGGA S6Rui has similar tuning and I assume that you like bass so they will be absolutely no go. S8F bass is no way as impactful as OH500s and on top they have recessed mids and no way they will sound as good as OH500 with guitars and cellos. They may definitely complement OH500.

I used SE846 and IE800 combo for few years with tons of sources and finally upgraded them with OH500s and S8F. OH500 are definitely upgrade to SE846 with similar dark tuning but better highs, similar lush and detailed mids and dynamic bass; they also don’t feel like sound is coming from tube, due to better design. I am very pleased and impressed with them.
Which brainwavz cable? I see a copper Litz version and a SPC version. I’m guessing SPC for more clarity and highs?

Oct 7, 2019 at 9:40 AM Post #69 of 262
Which brainwavz cable? I see a copper Litz version and a SPC version. I’m guessing SPC for more clarity and highs?
I use the black 2.5 balanced cable with them, it makes highs more resolving and increases details. It did the same with my other BA earphones. I never tried candy cane cable.

Oct 7, 2019 at 10:11 AM Post #71 of 262
Oriveti says on their site that won't ship to countries that have distributors in place. For USA it says amazon is the one here but they have no stock. Has anyone ordered directly from them with any issues. I am looking for the OH500.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2019 at 4:58 PM Post #72 of 262
I have a pair of the OH500 inbound soon. Looking forward to hearing what they can deliver,. Thanks to all who provided their perspective on these. Looks like it will fit the signature I am looking to have. I hate waiting...

Oct 14, 2019 at 6:10 PM Post #73 of 262
I received the OH500 today and paired them with an iBasso DX120, the Brainwavz 2.5mm balanced cable (thanks AlexFL), and stock foam tips.

These IEMs really nail the slightly lush and dark of neutral sound that I wanted - but to me, that is "my" neutral. All frequencies are represented in quite a balanced way and the bass is really beautiful. I think this is the first time that the reviews I read for an IEM were mostly accurate and formed a picture of the product that turned out to be true. Great job from the reviewers.

I suppose that they'll get even better with burn in (I am burning them in inside the included leather carry case) so i'll see how that develops. I also ordered some Symbio W tips but that's mostly for a comfort/seal thing. I wouldn't change much or anything about the tonality or imaging from these IEMs.

Does anyone think an upgrade cable could do even more - like improve separation?

Oct 14, 2019 at 7:55 PM Post #74 of 262
I received the OH500 today and paired them with an iBasso DX120, the Brainwavz 2.5mm balanced cable (thanks AlexFL), and stock foam tips.

These IEMs really nail the slightly lush and dark of neutral sound that I wanted - but to me, that is "my" neutral. All frequencies are represented in quite a balanced way and the bass is really beautiful. I think this is the first time that the reviews I read for an IEM were mostly accurate and formed a picture of the product that turned out to be true. Great job from the reviewers.

I suppose that they'll get even better with burn in (I am burning them in inside the included leather carry case) so i'll see how that develops. I also ordered some Symbio W tips but that's mostly for a comfort/seal thing. I wouldn't change much or anything about the tonality or imaging from these IEMs.

Does anyone think an upgrade cable could do even more - like improve separation?

They definitely become more detailed with burn in, I kept them for the tuning when I bought them, but initial AB with S8F the details were not as present. after 100-150 hours they were much better. I also noticed that mids don’t sound as much forward as they were in the beginning, probably due to highs getting more revealed with burn in. Never heard DX 120, I think they will be the best with neutral\clinical DAPs. I recently discovered that softer silicone tips reveal even better highs, funny enough but I had some spare Sennheiser IE800 tips left after I sold the IEMs and I removed the plastic core from them and tried with OH, they are the best of all I tried. Decided to experiment further and ordered some JVC spiral dots and Philips ear tips. Will post impressions when I get them.
They may sound even more detailed with silver cable, but nobody has posted the impressions. I think I’ll skip the silver cable test as I got 64 Audios on their way.

Oct 17, 2019 at 4:39 PM Post #75 of 262

Users who are viewing this thread

Back