Oriveti OH300 + OH500 (3/5 driver hybrid IEM's) Thread
Oct 19, 2019 at 10:16 AM Post #77 of 262
I just got the OH500 so take my opinion as early but I think the OH500 goes deeper and has better low-end to mid-bass rumble. The highs are not bright but still clear with significant details. I lean towards a warm/dark signature so these fit for me. While I liked the FH5, I found it a little too sterile for me. The highs were good but I think too bright for my tastes. The soundstage seemed wider on the 500, the FH5 seemed more closed in. Hope this helps some...

Oct 19, 2019 at 10:40 AM Post #78 of 262
Do you think oh500 is just a tad warmer or a lot warmer? What about the resolution?

Comming from fh5 i would like to have a bit better resolution, bigger soundstage, less mid forwardness but a bit thicker notes. Plus a tad more warmth, but just a tad...

Oct 19, 2019 at 10:45 AM Post #79 of 262
I would say it's a lot warmer. The treble seems a little laid back, but like I said, there is some good details revealed. The FH5 will give you better resolution on the highs. I think I'm a closet bass-head so not paying attention the highs...

Oct 19, 2019 at 11:53 AM Post #80 of 262
Do you think oh500 is just a tad warmer or a lot warmer? What about the resolution?

Comming from fh5 i would like to have a bit better resolution, bigger soundstage, less mid forwardness but a bit thicker notes. Plus a tad more warmth, but just a tad...

If you are worried about going warmer, have a look at the new Cayin YB04.

Oct 19, 2019 at 1:48 PM Post #81 of 262
I would say it's a lot warmer. The treble seems a little laid back, but like I said, there is some good details revealed. The FH5 will give you better resolution on the highs. I think I'm a closet bass-head so not paying attention the highs...

That was very helpful, thanks! Might be too warm for me than...

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2019 at 2:07 PM Post #83 of 262
I am loving the OH500 and agree that it was warm out of the box but it’s either settled since then or my brain has burned in because there aren’t any frequencies that I’m missing. I dont eq it. I think running it balanced from a high gain source is good for this IEM to tighten it up. Kind of curious what a silver cable would do but I’m very happy with OCC.

Oct 29, 2019 at 1:33 PM Post #84 of 262
Couldn't find this thread yesterday... for some reason. So I posted it in the New Primacy thread. But here's my review of the new IEMs.

Very nice Review. Ive just purchased the Ibasso DX160 which should land with me in a couple of days time. I am now currently deciding which IEM's im going to buy to pair with it. I have limited experience with IEM's but I did previously own and very much enjoyed the EE phantom and LCDi4 which ran out of my SP1000SS(also sold). My full size are LCD4Z & ZMF Verite C just to give you an idea of my sound signature preferences.

My shortlist based on price point and what I believe will fit my preference with sound signature is Fiio FH7, OH500, OH300 & possibly Ibasso IT04? I didnt really want to spend more than £1000 on the DAP & IEM's although this is not set in stone.

Do you have any thoughts on synergy/pairings?

Oct 29, 2019 at 8:45 PM Post #85 of 262
Very nice Review. Ive just purchased the Ibasso DX160 which should land with me in a couple of days time. I am now currently deciding which IEM's im going to buy to pair with it. I have limited experience with IEM's but I did previously own and very much enjoyed the EE phantom and LCDi4 which ran out of my SP1000SS(also sold). My full size are LCD4Z & ZMF Verite C just to give you an idea of my sound signature preferences.

My shortlist based on price point and what I believe will fit my preference with sound signature is Fiio FH7, OH500, OH300 & possibly Ibasso IT04? I didnt really want to spend more than £1000 on the DAP & IEM's although this is not set in stone.

Do you have any thoughts on synergy/pairings?

The OH500 is for you. :D

It's been ages since FiiO has made something that competes well against the other brands. The IT04 is great, but too bright for your tastes, I'm thinking. (too bright for mine, as well.) The OH300 could be right, but... well, you read my review. :D

Oh, and the OH500 pairs amazingly with the DX160, which is currently my most highly recommended DAP, due to its unreasonable price/performance ratio.

Oct 30, 2019 at 4:45 AM Post #86 of 262
The OH500 is for you. :D

It's been ages since FiiO has made something that competes well against the other brands. The IT04 is great, but too bright for your tastes, I'm thinking. (too bright for mine, as well.) The OH300 could be right, but... well, you read my review. :D

Oh, and the OH500 pairs amazingly with the DX160, which is currently my most highly recommended DAP, due to its unreasonable price/performance ratio.
OH500 it is then. Thanks

Dec 23, 2019 at 10:53 AM Post #87 of 262
Lovely! I felt like I was crazy for raving about the ONP. I just purchased the ISN cable, based on your raves. Does the cable take some time to open up? Compared to ONP cable, it feels a little thin and distant.

So after a good day testing both OH300, OH500 and my ONP at Jaben audio. I still stand strong the New Primacy is my favourite, especially after upgrading to a 16 core SPC cable from ISN Audio. I first swapped to an Effect Audio Ares ii and the sound was very nice but this cable from ISN Audio is the game changer for me. The OH300 and OH500 sounding slight fuller, wider and bigger at first when using the Ares ii on the ONP was a nice change but I still preffered the sound of the ONP while feeling like in between the OH300 and OH500, yes slightly smaller sound and slightly less detail but just something of the ONP always made stay loyal to them. Switching to the ISN SPC 16 core cable, now this is where everything changed and I much prefer the ONP now, much much more. Wider and deeper soundstage, a blacker background, slightly more impact and extension in the low end while becoming tighter and quicker. Mids getting a slight boost and the detail is so much better now compared to the OH300 and 0H500 and the treble now is more extended, something I always wanted more on the ONP and treble is slightly elevated but no where sharp. Smooth, analytical, fun and crystal clear is how I would describe the ONP now. 2 years loyal and still using them till this day and loving them more and more. The OH300 and OH500 are great iems and great bang for the buck, but for me. The ONP is still in its Primacy .

Dec 23, 2019 at 11:59 AM Post #88 of 262
Lovely! I felt like I was crazy for raving about the ONP. I just purchased the ISN cable, based on your raves. Does the cable take some time to open up? Compared to ONP cable, it feels a little thin and distant.
Give it a few days and you'll adjust to the sound. It does lessen the low end slightly but cleans it up while adding a bit more texture. What may be giving the distance is that blacker background which gives more air and depth. But it has been a while since I've listened to the ONP. I have found my endgame iem which is the Audiosense T800. Whole new upgrade over any other iem I have tried. Extreme bang for the buck. But the ONP I still value for the velvet yet energetic sound signature it has. Which is why I have kept it. But the T800 has honestly been in my ears for these past months now. I also tried Andros, FH7, IT04 and many others but the T800 always got my attention the most. It's not the clearest iem, not the most analytical. But damn it still is extremely clear, but what is most amazing is the detail that they can pick out while still being so damn energetic and fun and full of life. But I think I might give these special last days of 2019 to the ONP. They deserve it, they were the first iems to truly open my world of high quality iems. And for the first time, I'll actually have a truly amazing balanced cable and a seriously amazing dac/amp to pair them with.

Dec 23, 2019 at 1:57 PM Post #89 of 262
Give it a few days and you'll adjust to the sound. It does lessen the low end slightly but cleans it up while adding a bit more texture. What may be giving the distance is that blacker background which gives more air and depth. But it has been a while since I've listened to the ONP. I have found my endgame iem which is the Audiosense T800. Whole new upgrade over any other iem I have tried. Extreme bang for the buck. But the ONP I still value for the velvet yet energetic sound signature it has. Which is why I have kept it. But the T800 has honestly been in my ears for these past months now. I also tried Andros, FH7, IT04 and many others but the T800 always got my attention the most. It's not the clearest iem, not the most analytical. But damn it still is extremely clear, but what is most amazing is the detail that they can pick out while still being so damn energetic and fun and full of life. But I think I might give these special last days of 2019 to the ONP. They deserve it, they were the first iems to truly open my world of high quality iems. And for the first time, I'll actually have a truly amazing balanced cable and a seriously amazing dac/amp to pair them with.
Thank you! So happy you have found your new special IEM’s, as well!

Dec 23, 2019 at 11:40 PM Post #90 of 262
Thank you! So happy you have found your new special IEM’s, as well!
They are truly amazing. But honestly, the Oriveti New Primacy should have never been discontinued. They were truly amazing as they had smoothness yet great clarity and detail. They were unique and personally maybe the best iem Oriveti has released. They certainly are my favourite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back