Oriveti IEMs - 2023/2024 new line-up
Dec 7, 2023 at 9:13 PM Post #46 of 233
My absolute favorite IEM in the setting I loved best might explain why I love this one so much.

Attachments

• GM VS OH700VB.png
    GM VS OH700VB.png
    286.7 KB · Views: 0
Dec 7, 2023 at 9:15 PM Post #47 of 233
Gotta say the reviews have me thinking a pair of 200s might be making its way into my Xmas stocking this year. I've been in the market for a good single DD IEM, but I've been wanting to stay away from the usual Chi-Fi offerings - for whatever reason every single Chinese made IEM I own with a dynamic driver has savage driver flex (even when using foam eartips). Seems driver flex isn't an issue for the OD200, and it doesn't have the typical Chi-Fi tuning either, so that's also an even bigger bonus.
A quick question about the nozzles… what's the size? I ask cause I have a couple other IEMs with detachable nozzles and was wondering if there was any chance that other nozzles might be compatible. @PeacockObscura , I think I've see you posting on the IMR thread. Would the IMR nozzles fit?
No the IMR nozzles are bigger diameter

Dec 8, 2023 at 6:32 AM Post #48 of 233
Oriveti OD200 - "Money CAN buy Happiness"

If I were a reviewer, that's the headline. In fact it may as well be the entire review.

I have spent nearly ten years searching for an IEM that could really wow me. Constantly scaling in price yet compromising in fit or some niggling factor keeping my mind distracted about gear rather than music, which to me, is totally beside the point. Starting from the modest Dunu Titan 3,my quest has escalated to $600 IEMs. I realize that for some of you not a huge chunk of change but for me it the upper limit of rationalization.

That being said, the OD200's hang with and in many ways surpass my highest priced set. And all this without infinite recommended hours of burn in, filter changes, tip rolling, buttons, levers, hacks, secret handshakes, sources, apps, trips to umpteen forums, meters of hyped overpriced cables along with countless hours spent searching for an analogue vibe to bring out the best in live recordings. This was my launching point to the IEM world from noise-bleeding Grados, which drove my wife crazy.

I slipped these on soon after receiving them for a quick test run that turned into a four hour odyssey of sound. I went to bed with them on and woke up with the music still going. Rather than put them aside and get some sleep like any sane person, I re-listened to the tracks I had missed during my slumber. If that isn't the mark of a great set than I don't know what is. You just can't take them out of your ears. The fit, the sound, I don't know what it is, but I sure as hell am not complaining.

I consider myself a basshead, yet the OD200 is not a bass heavy IEM. The sound is airy and natural with an amazing perception of depth and space. I find the sound to be a bit thin for the first ten seconds or so, but soon after, boom, something happens and you are sucked into another world. Listening to the Bob Marley Capitol Session (1973) placed me right in the studio, my mind able to focus on the percussion or bass or whichever guitar I wanted whenever I wanted.

Dead Can Dance is an ethereal band even on their worst days but the translucence I experienced with their 2013 In Concert album was breathtaking. I saw them on that tour and was instantly transported back to that time. Isn't that the point of music, being able to forget your surroundings even only for a moment?

I could go on but you get the point. I will say that these guys like the juice. Many live rock and roll recordings from the 70s and 80s demand it. Having seen the majority of the bands I listen to live, I have a good feel for how well the music is being reproduced. So, the second best pairing for me was with the Cayin RU6 in NOS mode, which was proficient, but honestly the best synergy I got is with a Hiby R5ii using the Class A amplifier mode. Pushing it a bit gave astounding results. Happy camper? Yes indeed.

In conclusion, if you are looking for something in this price range, do not hesitate to treat yourself to a holiday gift, because sometimes gifts truly transcend their value.

Thank you to @PeacockObscura for bringing these to my attention on another thread. I can only imagine what the next batch of IEMs Oriveti has in store for us.

Thank you for reading.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2023 at 6:36 AM Post #49 of 233

If I were a reviewer, that's the headline. In fact it may as well be the entire review.

I have spent nearly ten years searching for an IEM that could really wow me. Constantly scaling in price yet compromising in fit or some niggling factor keeping my mind distracted about gear rather than music, which to me, is totally beside the point. Starting from the modest Dunu Titan 3,my quest has escalated to $600 IEMs. I realize that for some of you not a huge chunk of change but for me it the upper limit of rationalization.

That being said, the OD200's hang with and in many ways surpass my highest priced set. And all this without infinite recommended hours of burn in, filter changes, tip rolling, buttons, levers, hacks, secret handshakes, sources, apps, trips to umpteen forums, meters of hyped overpriced cables along with countless hours spent searching for an analogue vibe to bring out the best in live recordings. This was my launching point to the IEM world from noise-bleeding Grados, which drove my wife crazy.

I slipped these on soon after receiving them for a quick test run that turned into a four hour odyssey of sound. I went to bed with them on and woke up with the music still going. Rather than put them aside and get some sleep like any sane person, I re-listened to the tracks I had missed during my slumber. If that isn't the mark of a great set than I don't know what is. You just can't take them out of your ears. The fit, the sound, I don't know what it is, but I sure as hell am not complaining.

I consider myself a basshead, yet the OD200 is not a bass heavy IEM. The sound is airy and natural with an amazing perception of depth and space. I find the sound to be a bit thin for the first ten seconds or so, but soon after, boom, something happens and you are sucked into another world. Listening to the Bob Marley Capitol Session (1973) placed me right in the studio, my mind able to focus on the percussion or bass or whichever guitar I wanted whenever I wanted.

Dead Can Dance is an ethereal band even on their worst days but the translucence I experienced with their 2013 In Concert album was breathtaking. I saw them on that tour and was instantly transported back to that time. Isn't that the point of music, being able to forget your surroundings even only for a moment?

I could go on but you get the point. I will say that these guys like the juice. Many live rock and roll recordings from the 70s and 80s demand it. Having seen the majority of the bands I listen to live, I have a good feel for how well the music is being reproduced. So, the second best pairing for me was with the Cayin RU6 in NOS mode, which was proficient, but honestly the best synergy I got is with a Hiby R5ii using the Class A amplifier mode. Pushing it a bit gave astounding results. Happy camper? Yes indeed.

In conclusion, if you are looking for something in this price range, do not hesitate to treat yourself to a holiday gift, because sometimes gifts truly transcend their value.

Thank you to @PeacockObscura for bringing these to my attention on another thread. I can only imagine what the next batch of IEMs Oriveti has in store for us.

Thank you for reading.
Pleased you love them, they really are a special set.

Dec 8, 2023 at 6:38 AM Post #50 of 233

Thank you for reading.
They are indeed special, something to really adore. Congratulations!!

Dec 8, 2023 at 7:07 AM Post #51 of 233
I consider myself a basshead, yet the OD200 is not a bass heavy IEM. The sound is airy and natural with an amazing perception of depth and space. I find the sound to be a bit thin for the first ten seconds or so, but soon after, boom, something happens and you are sucked into another world.
THIS! I have the same impression, especially putting them into my ears right after I have listened to OH700VB, AüR Aurora, E5000 or Turbo. It really lasts a few seconds and then all is forgotten and the OD200's magic sound hits with full force.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2023 at 11:23 AM Post #52 of 233
IMG_8721.jpeg

Got to demo the OH700VB. It belongs to @Ace Bee. After the OD200, I was really excited to listen to this one. Sadly, folks at Oriveti can’t send me a unit to review. They have run out of samples, lol.

This pair is definitely a keeper. Paired it with Astell&Kern SP3000.
  • It is quite good at details and technicalities.​
  • Vocals are too good on it. Mids are really sweet. I love those mids. Not recessed at all, rather quite forward.​
  • With the bass switches on, it’s a blissful sound all the way.​
  • Treble is surprisingly good on it.​
  • Soundstage and imaging are quite good, which I think I did not expect.​
I need to spend some more time with these to have a proper idea of how it sounds with different genres and different sources.

Dec 8, 2023 at 12:00 PM Post #53 of 233
I've been using the Oriveti OD200 with the silver nozzles for a few weeks and although I'm thoroughly enjoying them, I thought they were a little too similar to my Dunu Falcon Ultra. So much so that I was debating on selling one and keeping the other.

Well today, I swapped the OD200 silver nozzles for the black ones and now they're a totally different beast. They're a bit brighter, more resolving, and seems like soundstage has opened up some. Best of all, there's no sign of sibilance for me.

I really love bass, but going from the bassier silver nozzles to the black ones seems pretty negligible and doing so has transformed the OD200 into something new for me. I'm pretty happy keeping both the OD200 and Falcon Ultra now.

Thanks again to @F700 and @PeacockObscura for the early reviews/recs that got me here.

Dec 8, 2023 at 12:01 PM Post #54 of 233
No the IMR nozzles are bigger diameter
Checking at 2 AM… now there's commitment. Thanks.
I figured it was a long shot. Both my LZ A6 and Trinity Delta look like the same size nozzles, but have a different thread pitch, so they're not interchangeable. I do remember reading on the LZ threads about folks finding other nozzles that do work with the LZ so I thought I'd toss it out there, just in case - and who doesn't love more tuning options

Dec 8, 2023 at 12:16 PM Post #55 of 233
I've been using the Oriveti OD200 with the silver nozzles for a few weeks and although I'm thoroughly enjoying them, I thought they were a little too similar to my Dunu Falcon Ultra. So much so that I was debating on selling one and keeping the other.

Well today, I swapped the OD200 silver nozzles for the black ones and now they're a totally different beast. They're a bit brighter, more resolving, and seems like soundstage has opened up some. Best of all, there's no sign of sibilance for me.

I really love bass, but going from the bassier silver nozzles to the black ones seems pretty negligible and doing so has transformed the OD200 into something new for me. I'm pretty happy keeping both the OD200 and Falcon Ultra now.

Thanks again to @F700 and @PeacockObscura for the early reviews/recs that got me here.
Nice to read that my friend. Btw, as your username suggests, are you from Switzerland like myself?

Dec 8, 2023 at 12:37 PM Post #56 of 233
Nice to read that my friend. Btw, as your username suggests, are you from Switzerland like myself?
Nope, I'm from the states. Kae is my nickname so the username is just a play on words. K-Swiss was a popular sneaker brand here when I was younger.

Dec 8, 2023 at 2:01 PM Post #57 of 233

Thank you for reading.
This is a beautiful straightforward review and you have captured all the salient features of them. Bravo. You can start a thread for your impressions. I really love this kind of impression post - short, sweet, to the point. Your writing style is quite fine as well.

Dec 8, 2023 at 3:41 PM Post #58 of 233
My OH700VB got another challenger entering the party today, the Sound Rhyme DTE900. While not sounding as wide and impressive as the OH700VB ootb, the DTE900 distillate their venom with intoxicating tight and powerful bass, not overshadowing the mids. The stage is a tad narrower than the OH700VB, but the level of details in on par. The DTE900 is like a « cleaner » version of the OH700VB. The Orivetis have more soul and matter to them, but technically speaking, the DTE900 are just a bit ahead. Fun sets of IEMs that complement themselves greatly.

IMG_6144.jpeg

IMG_6145.jpeg

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2023 at 4:03 PM Post #59 of 233
My OH700VB got another challenger entering the party today, the Sound Rhyme DTE900. While not sounding are wide and impressive as the OH700VB ootb, the DTE900 distillate their venom with intoxicating tight and powerful bass, not overshadowing the mids. The stage is a tad narrower than the OH700VB, but the level of details in on par. The DTE900 is like a « cleaner » version of the OH700VB. The Orivetis have more soul and matter to them, but technically speaking, the DTE900 are just a head above. Fun sets of IEMs that complement themselves greatly.

IMG_6144.jpeg
IMG_6145.jpeg
Man those ear wings look aggressive

Dec 8, 2023 at 4:07 PM Post #60 of 233
Man those ear wings look aggressive
The shells are bigger than the OH700VB and the nozzles are longer too. I have "normal" ears and ears canals, so I have a great fit with them, but the Orivetis surely will suit many more ears than the DTE900.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back