Oriveti IEMs - 2023/2024 new line-up
Jan 22, 2024 at 2:46 AM Post #211 of 233
It's interesting as it nails the part of being very bassy(subwoofer like) when called for
Here it transforms to a full basshead experience
it is ...it is...it is.........a full basshead experience indeed,subwoofer all the way downthere..... ,electronica/techno/ambient are highly recommended on this fabulous set.... :astonished:

Jan 24, 2024 at 6:10 PM Post #212 of 233
Jan 27, 2024 at 12:34 PM Post #213 of 233
......swear to God haven't heard till now such a tremendous, unparallel, & atmospheric listening other than OH700VB..
according always to my taste and preferences in music.. (I like color.. Color is life...)
This one (7 years being in the game now.. ) just ticks all of my boxes there..
More than anything else I had the luck to hear obviously....

Today's listening includes Yimino - "Kelpy" coming from the compilation "memory waves"..
Just take a listen how exactly the sub bass frequencies pulses / moves effortlessly towards the end of the track... It's like there is a bone conductor somewhere in there !!!!
From gamelan/pastoral/chamber pop to modern IDM, electronica, multilayered complex music everything sounds simply AUTHENTIC to me..

No matter what purists think of that... this is the color of happiness for me. Takes my mind and my soul.. 😘😘😍

No.6 Yimino - kelpy

a3736671708_16.jpg

IMG_20240127_192719.jpg

Next purchase?
Maybe another set of this one?? 😁😅

Attachments

• IMG_20240127_192722.jpg
    IMG_20240127_192722.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 30, 2024 at 9:58 AM Post #214 of 233
For those of you who are looking for a DD in the higher performance bracket, this Oriveti OD200 may give you an organic sound experience. It has silver and black nozzles. The sound difference between the two is night and day. The black introduces for my ears a certain harshness in the upper mids/treble, the Silver filter is heavenly. Amazing difference. For those of you who like, Rock, Folk, Blues, General Pop, these handle vocals, guitars, instruments with a very nice tone/timbre. Not the best for technical chops, but not terrible too. The stock cable is good, lightweight and malleable. Penon Orange Liqueur Tips 14mm are perfect for me, I'm not a fan of stock tips. Someone had said in a review that the cable tangles. In my experience the opposite is true, it is fairly tangle resistant. They do seem to improve as physical burn-in increases and as brain burn in increases. Are they worth $200 when you can get the Simgot EA500LM for $90. The Simgot is detail heaven, with still being musical. It is though, from this modern digital world, and is almost scientific in it's detailing. If you are old school, and perhaps a musician yourself, Oriveti have come up with an ultra musical old school sound that is a tone/timbre icon, with a good bass thrown in.

Anybody here remember the KBear Believe IEM of a few years ago? At the time KBear said it was pure Beryllium and most did not 'Believe' them. HBB didn't so he opened an earpiece up and lo and behold......it was pure Beryllium. At the time they were $162 at HiFi Go...way too cheap for pure Berrylium, so they very quickly were withdrawn. Maybe pure Beryllium had health negativities too. So why am I mentioning this, with the Oriveti OD200 cable and Penon 14mm Liqueur Tips they sound remarkably similar. I've listened, A and B'ing both and they are like brothers.

Jan 30, 2024 at 11:07 AM Post #215 of 233
For those of you who are looking for a DD in the higher performance bracket, this Oriveti OD200 may give you an organic sound experience. It has silver and black nozzles. The sound difference between the two is night and day. The black introduces for my ears a certain harshness in the upper mids/treble, the Silver filter is heavenly. Amazing difference. For those of you who like, Rock, Folk, Blues, General Pop, these handle vocals, guitars, instruments with a very nice tone/timbre. Not the best for technical chops, but not terrible too. The stock cable is good, lightweight and malleable. Penon Orange Liqueur Tips 14mm are perfect for me, I'm not a fan of stock tips. Someone had said in a review that the cable tangles. In my experience the opposite is true, it is fairly tangle resistant. They do seem to improve as physical burn-in increases and as brain burn in increases. Are they worth $200 when you can get the Simgot EA500LM for $90. The Simgot is detail heaven, with still being musical. It is though, from this modern digital world, and is almost scientific in it's detailing. If you are old school, and perhaps a musician yourself, Oriveti have come up with an ultra musical old school sound that is a tone/timbre icon, with a good bass thrown in.

Anybody here remember the KBear Believe IEM of a few years ago? At the time KBear said it was pure Beryllium and most did not 'Believe' them. HBB didn't so he opened an earpiece up and lo and behold......it was pure Beryllium. At the time they were $162 at HiFi Go...way too cheap for pure Berrylium, so they very quickly were withdrawn. Maybe pure Beryllium had health negativities too. So why am I mentioning this, with the Oriveti OD200 cable and Penon 14mm Liqueur Tips they sound remarkably similar. I've listened, A and B'ing both and they are like brothers.

Is there a difference between the orange and black tips? Both seem to use the same buzzwords from what I can see.

“Penon Liqueur O (Orange color)
Enhanced low-frequency atmosphere, clean background, clearer vocal, reduce the sibilance,high resolution.

Penon Liqueur B (Black color)
Rich details of low frequency, high frequency is transparent, clean background, the vocal is clear, and reduce the sibilance”

Both seem to suggest they enhance vocals, reduce sibilance, enhance low frequency.

Jan 30, 2024 at 11:23 AM Post #216 of 233
Is there a difference between the orange and black tips? Both seem to use the same buzzwords from what I can see.

“Penon Liqueur O (Orange color)
Enhanced low-frequency atmosphere, clean background, clearer vocal, reduce the sibilance,high resolution.

Penon Liqueur B (Black color)
Rich details of low frequency, high frequency is transparent, clean background, the vocal is clear, and reduce the sibilance”

Both seem to suggest they enhance vocals, reduce sibilance, enhance low frequency.

I think there is. Not night and day though. The orange are my preference, particularly the 15.5mm, which because of the texture of the material actually fits well, even though I usually wear 14mm, Spiral Dots, Azlas or Spinfits. I have thought there is a difference, but I need to make this a project and listen with mindful concentration and AB them on the same setup.

Jan 30, 2024 at 3:38 PM Post #217 of 233
OH700VB + HIBY R8 II + Topping A90 Discrete

Having a relaxing evening, tired today and this hit perfect now. Always a musical and nice album to play when I'm tired.
OH700VB nails it, with engaging and rich vocals. Everything is just really nice.

https://tidal.com/browse/album/205706870

Jan 30, 2024 at 3:53 PM Post #218 of 233
OH700VB + HIBY R8 II + Topping A90 Discrete

Having a relaxing evening, tired today and this hit perfect now. Always a musical and nice album to play when I'm tired.
OH700VB nails it, with engaging and rich vocals. Everything is just really nice.

https://tidal.com/browse/album/205706870

Angus and Julia Stone always gets a thumbs up from me 👍

Feb 5, 2024 at 4:21 PM Post #219 of 233
Just published my review on the Oriveti OH700VB, their flagship hybrid with 1DD and 6BA.
A very unique and fun IEM, good that some brands dare make something different instead of just copying each other.
Highlights for me being the subwoofer like bass, and also the clear and airy treble.

Feel free to read if it is of interest, cheers.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/oriveti-oh700vb.26819/review/32913/

DSCF4172.jpg

Feb 24, 2024 at 8:00 PM Post #220 of 233
Just calling into mention I've stumbled into my perfect cable to iem synergy... the OH700VB and Liquid Links Martini with the XL Penon Liqueur B (Black color) tips.
While losing some of the bass warmth the combo reveals bucket loads of extra detail and nuances especially in vocals. Just sublime elevating the Oriveti to top dog status in my collection. All this because I was trying to tame the treble on the TSMR X after breaking my expensive Clan audio cable (more accurately my boy borrowed it and then stood on it "accidentally crushing the attached iem snapping the pins grrr) was perfect with them.
Oh well disaster led to audio nirvana in the end lol.

Feb 25, 2024 at 2:30 AM Post #221 of 233
The more I see about taming the treble of the TSMR-X, the more worried I am that I’ve made a mistake. I only have a couple of copper cables that I can roll with, I don’t want to go buying £350 cables to fix a £300 IEM, and I don’t want to buy numerous cheaper cables attempting to fix something.

I really need to learn to wait a few months before buying an IEM. I’d have then been able to see a good amount of posts about the treble and I think I’d have given this a miss. Instead I got sucked into the hype and now I’m looking at possibly spending more money to “fix” something that, for this money, I shouldn’t need to be fixing. My fault entirely for not waiting for enough impressions and believing the hype.

Feb 25, 2024 at 4:00 AM Post #222 of 233
The more I see about taming the treble of the TSMR-X, the more worried I am that I’ve made a mistake. I only have a couple of copper cables that I can roll with, I don’t want to go buying £350 cables to fix a £300 IEM, and I don’t want to buy numerous cheaper cables attempting to fix something.

I really need to learn to wait a few months before buying an IEM. I’d have then been able to see a good amount of posts about the treble and I think I’d have given this a miss. Instead I got sucked into the hype and now I’m looking at possibly spending more money to “fix” something that, for this money, I shouldn’t need to be fixing. My fault entirely for not waiting for enough impressions and believing the hype.
A copper cable should do the trick. Unless you have the hearing of a 20 year old, the highs are not 😈the son of the devil, or a wild animal that needs taming They do take a week or so for the DD bass to fully open. I really hope you get a good surprise....let them have a little break in. Tips will be important, but always are. Good luck....😍.

The XINHS copper/silver cable is only £20...now....

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2024 at 7:24 AM Post #223 of 233

Don't worry too much the TSMR X is an excellent iem I love it I listen quite loud, old ears, the treble isn't uber extreme just like a touch too much for my tastes with certain cables with a good silver plated copper its fab and the bass is amazing.
It's not as refined a listen as the OH700VB or as perfectly balanced but it is tremendous fun.

Feb 25, 2024 at 10:52 AM Post #224 of 233

No cable can fix anything at best slightly tweek your perception at best.

That's why it is important to see a graph to atleast get a sense of the tunings not as a Bible but as a tool to see it would align to your tastes.

I asked Penon Directly for a graph 📊 and was ghosted except a coment that this IEM might not align with my preferences.

Thus no purchase or review from me.
Seeing that pina gain nope.

You can always try some 500 level tuning filters to see if that would help?

Don't blind buy unless your preferences aligns with the review and reviewers tastes including mine.

PENON is seems from my experience is not interested in honest reviewers and people who will suggest improvements only people who are willing to push the Penon agenda.

Not having your ears open is not good and how can you trust anyone who gives 4 and 5 star reviews consistently it is so transparent to anyone who has been in this hobby for a while and new people get taken in on the hype.

I honestly hope this changes in the future for the sake of the hobbie and people looking to spend our hard earned monies On any ISN, Penon, TSMR, Sound Rhyme.

HeadFi and the platform itself is part of the problem with its monetary forward business model.

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2024 at 2:21 PM Post #225 of 233
No cable can fix anything at best slightly tweek your perception at best.

That's why it is important to see a graph to atleast get a sense of the tunings not as a Bible but as a tool to see it would align to your tastes.

I asked Penon Directly for a graph 📊 and was ghosted except a coment that this IEM might not align with my preferences.

Thus no purchase or review from me.
Seeing that pina gain nope.

You can always try some 500 level tuning filters to see if that would help?

Don't blind buy unless your preferences aligns with the review and reviewers tastes including mine.

PENON is seems from my experience is not interested in honest reviewers and people who will suggest improvements only people who are willing to push the Penon agenda.

Not having your ears open is not good and how can you trust anyone who gives 4 and 5 star reviews consistently it is so transparent to anyone who has been in this hobby for a while and new people get taken in on the hype.

I honestly hope this changes in the future for the sake of the hobbie and people looking to spend our hard earned monies On any ISN, Penon, TSMR, Sound Rhyme.

HeadFi and the platform itself is part of the problem with its monetary forward business model.
I enjoy Penon IEMs a lot. I praise a lot of them, as I do others, but I pay for them. I have no allegiance to anyone except to benefit others. Graphs are really useful, but don't show...tone, timbre or musicality, so are only useful. I have never once bought an IEM solely on a graph....that's why I like certain reviewers who use adjectives descriptively and accurately and give me the confidence to buy. When I first started buying IEMs many moons ago I made a few errors of judgement....then, of all people, HBB pushed the Blon 03 and I bought for the first time from a review. A good decision indeed!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back