Oriveti IEMs - 2023/2024 new line-up
Jan 20, 2024 at 6:48 AM Post #196 of 233
WOW.............................................................WOW...................................................WOW............................................
what a freakingly amazing totally captivating reproduction that is !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
iBasso 160 , low gain, 73 step volume............
soooooooooooooooooooooo........................ E X C I T E D right now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat:

egg.jpg

egg 1.jpg

and it's not even a Flac File............goosebumps all over the place right now ........................................ :relieved::heartbeat::relieved::heartbeat::relieved::heartbeat::two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts:

IMG_20240120_131220.jpg

i strongly suggest to @F700 and @Leonarfd to listen to this track and just before uploading their reviews there ....(switch downwards) .....:astonished::astonished::astonished::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
the amazing bass.............the amazing stage..................the amazing vocals...........................the amazing spatiality of every single tiny element .............................

The Egg - electric city

a2383623597_10.jpg

right now the only thing puzzling me is the one of saving just more money just to get another set of these OH700VB in any case anything happens to this one.........seriously.................
cannot get out of my mind how TREMENDOUS THE SOUND IS ON THIS ONE............PURE MAGIC .....what can i say more than this ???????????????????

Attachments

• egg 2.jpg
    egg 2.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240120_131325.jpg
    IMG_20240120_131325.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • egg 4.jpg
    egg 4.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Jan 20, 2024 at 7:30 AM Post #197 of 233
WOW.............................................................WOW...................................................WOW............................................
what a freakingly amazing totally captivating reproduction that is !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
iBasso 160 , low gain, 73 step volume............
soooooooooooooooooooooo........................ E X C I T E D right now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat:

egg.jpg
egg 1.jpg

and it's not even a Flac File............goosebumps all over the place right now ........................................ :relieved::heartbeat::relieved::heartbeat::relieved::heartbeat::two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts:

IMG_20240120_131220.jpg

i strongly suggest to @F700 and @Leonarfd to listen to this track and just before uploading their reviews there ....(switch downwards) .....:astonished::astonished::astonished::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
the amazing bass.............the amazing stage..................the amazing vocals...........................the amazing spatiality of every single tiny element .............................

The Egg - electric city

a2383623597_10.jpg

right now the only thing puzzling me is the one of saving just more money just to get another set of these OH700VB in any case anything happens to this one.........seriously.................
cannot get out of my mind how TREMENDOUS THE SOUND IS ON THIS ONE............PURE MAGIC .....what can i say more than this ???????????????????
You are a legend man

Jan 20, 2024 at 7:58 AM Post #198 of 233
After cleaning my palate with the Hidizs MS3 I came back to the OD100. What an excellent DD it is. Superb treble with impactful bass and open articulate mids if I wasn't in the hobby and wanted a one and done this would be it. Coupled with the Shanling MOpro everything you need for music at home or on the go.

Attachments

• IMG_20231130_221039~2.jpg
    IMG_20231130_221039~2.jpg
    998.8 KB · Views: 0
Jan 20, 2024 at 10:58 AM Post #200 of 233
I spent £200 on a bespoke cable for the Oriveti OD200 turns out while it looks fab it's not a great match but a £15 IvipQ copper/silver plated+. Graphene is plus it's got really nice handling and added it looks pretty dope
IMG_20240120_155153~2.jpg

Screenshot_20240120_155401.jpg

Jan 20, 2024 at 11:53 AM Post #201 of 233
.........after been giving my ears/brain some time to rest...........came back for listening to the exact same tracks that listened this moring using the OH700VB ,BUT only this time choosed 3 different monitors from 500$ to 1000$ price range and wanted to report a few thing here........so.. regardless of any mind burn-in possibly occured there this second listening section was kind of a revelation to my ears...............
i dont want to let anyone down here so i m not going to mention the monitors themselves right now.. with the exception of only one , the one that reached in most areas the tremendous OH700VB music reproduction at the exact same tracks............it was UM MEXT the one that succeded in terms of organic , analogue , natural representation of sound overall that managed to leave me with the feeling of effortless natural reproduction but even at this case i thought i prefered afterwards the originality in the note weight that only OH700VB had provided to me....the same tracks using the other monitors apart from UM MEXT (and trying to be as much objective here as i can) sounded artificially enhanced the tonal character felt strange to me... just wasnt up to the point of real time representation of music , this goes for the majority of the instruments and male vocals.........i am not mentiong UM MEXT at this point just because it is a Unique Melody monitor and for some strange reason HAS TO BE GOOD ANYWAY.. just because of it's origin i mean...........it is a good FUN orientated earphone no matter what , according to many people out there but it is also really strong and capable of producing an authentic warm and analoque sound and most of all natural sound wich a difficult thing on its own..with awesome bass as well and a slight coloration just for the things to get more exciting................well... OH700VB just feels even more fun ,organic and natural than this one ,with more unique organic authentic timbre and note weight.
so.....................for anybody's information it's obvious that i am under the ORIVETIUS SENTIMENTALIS SPELL right now.....ok no reason to argue that anyway, but to make my point here : when i originally got OH700VB i was expecting yes to be good ..................JUST NOT THAT GOOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! these days i prefer the note weight and the original authentic reproduction of OH700VB more than anything else in the world and just want to share this unique feeling that's all.................
OH700VB + Alexandros A = :heartbeat: FOREVER...

just for everybody's reference ....some of the tracks that used for this occasion follows right after, all of them are a genuine pleasure on this fabulous OH700VB set :

The Egg - electric city

4T Thieves - Garden in the rain

David Bowie - Aladdin Sane

David Bowie - The gospel according to Tony Day

Roger Fakhr - East of any place

The Green Kingdom - Sun Domes

Royksopp - Sorry

Low Five - Nothing to achieve

Ben Chatwin - Collapsing in feedback

Autumn's Grey Solace - Absent the body

7 !!.jpg

8 !!.jpg

i am certain there be will dozens of reviews on them ..sooner or later...stuff like OH700VB just deserve all the acknowledgement those can get...!!!
it's the real reason for anyone here to keep on going in this hobby......:astonished::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat:
1.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2024 at 12:41 PM Post #202 of 233
After cleaning my palate with the Hidizs MS3 I came back to the OD100. What an excellent DD it is. Superb treble with impactful bass and open articulate mids if I wasn't in the hobby and wanted a one and done this would be it. Coupled with the Shanling MOpro everything you need for music at home or on the go.
This. Exactly this. When I get tired of pulling out the iems from their cases, positioning them inside the ears carefully, handling them carefully, connecting with the DAC/Amp, the whole shebang...I just pull out the OD100, plug it into my phone, and play music = instant Nirvana! I legit do not miss anything significant going to them from much pricier sets!

Jan 20, 2024 at 1:00 PM Post #203 of 233
.........after been giving my ears/brain some time to rest...........came back for listening to the exact same tracks that listened this moring using the OH700VB ,BUT only this time choosed 3 different monitors from 500$ to 1000$ price range and wanted to report a few thing here........
i dont want to let anyone down here so i m not going to mention the monitors themselves right now.. with the exception of only one , the one that reached in most areas the tremendous OH700VB music reproduction at the exact same tracks............it was UM MEXT the one that succeded in terms of organic , analogue , natural representation of sound overall that managed to leave me with the feeling of effortless natural reproduction but even at this case i thought i prefered afterwards the originality in the note weight that only OH700VB had provided to me....the same tracks using the other monitors apart from UM MEXT (and trying to be as much objective here as i can) sounded artificially enhanced the tonal character felt strange to me... just wasnt up to the point of real time representation of music , this goes for the majority of the instruments and male vocals.........i am not mentiong UM MEXT at this point just because it is a Unique Melody monitor and for some strange reason HAS TO BE GOOD ANYWAY.. just because of it's origin i mean...........it is a good FUN orientated earphone no matter what , according to many people out there but it is also really strong and capable of producing an authentic warm and analoque sound and most of all natural sound wich a difficult thing on its own..with awesome bass as well and a slight coloration just for the things to get more exciting................well... OH700VB just feels even more fun ,organic and natural than this one ,with more unique organic authentic timbre and note weight.
so.....................for anybody's information it's obvious that i am under the ORIVETIUS SENTIMENTALIS SPELL right now.....ok no reason to argue that anyway, but to make my point here when i got OH700VB i was expecting yes to be good ..................JUST NOT THAT GOOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! these days i prefer the note weight and the original authentic reproduction of OH700VB more than anything else in the world and just want to share this unique feeling that's all.................
OH700VB + Alexandros A = :heartbeat: FOREVER...

just for everybody's reference ....some of the tracks that used for this occasion follows right after, all of them are a genuine pleasure on this fabulous OH700VB set :

The Egg - electric city

4T Thieves - Garden in the rain

David Bowie - Aladdin Sane

David Bowie - The gospel according to Tony Day

Roger Fakhr - East of any place

The Green Kingdom - Sun Domes

Royksopp - Sorry

Low Five - Nothing to achieve

Autumn's Grey Solace - Absent the body

i am certain there be will dozens of reviews on them ..sooner or later...stuff like OH700VB just deserve all the acknowledgement thet can get...!!!
it's the real reason for anyone here to keep on going in this hobby......:astonished::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat:
The art of reviewing a set of IEMs within a few posts on the thread. Great man.

The OH700VB is a divise set, but as I said before, if they hit your boxes, you are done. It’s my case too. Unashamedly colored, technically imperfect, darkish, but what a stage and 3D feeling with the right pairings.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2024 at 7:51 PM Post #204 of 233
I spent £200 on a bespoke cable for the Oriveti OD200 turns out while it looks fab it's not a great match but a £15 IvipQ copper/silver plated+. Graphene is plus it's got really nice handling and added it looks pretty dope
That’s the exact same cable I settled on for the OD200 too. It’s usually a little bright for my taste, but perfectly smooths the upper mids for the OD200.

Jan 21, 2024 at 3:09 AM Post #205 of 233
it sits very very close overall in sound quality and in sound signature as well............both being laid back and all that......also on the darker sides of the spectrum as the Szalayi with smoother treble, bombastic bass when called for and terrific note weight as well, i think both are very similar, with the OH700VB being a tad more articulated at the spatiality of the microelements and nuances for sure in the bass region and as an outcome to the rest of the spectrum, if i had to keep just one it would be a real time puzzle to me....Both of them are tremendous players in the table and both of them worth their money, i can say that for sure, with the OH700VB gives you the advantage to choose between a more neutral music presentation more uncolored if you like (switch up), more suitable for critical listening if you wish,but as far as i am concerned ..the moment i turned the switch downwards it just never came back in its original place (upwards that is).... its was simply an EMOTIONAL EARTHQUAKE all over there........and i am still amazed each and every time i use those OH700VB of the fact that even at +3dbs and vast bass coming in waves the nuances are all still there clearly noticeable and the stereophonic image stays coherent and clear.its a hell of a deal that thing most propably the best purchase i did for 2024 even and being talking right now like 2024 reaches to its end man !!!!!!!! imagine that..................

good 3.jpg

what makes me really sad after all that.............. is that there is no spare time for me to focus and right down a proper review on these beyond this world monitors cause they sure deserve anyone's attention 100% that is......anyone's but the purists........
Thanks for the info, it's much appreciated :). It's always hard to make your mind up when buying blind, so have to rely on info from others, which is really helpful. At this point, it's a toss up between the OH700VB and Timsok TS-316. Different configurations but both well received.

Jan 21, 2024 at 5:09 AM Post #206 of 233
Thanks for the info, it's much appreciated :). It's always hard to make your mind up when buying blind, so have to rely on info from others, which is really helpful. At this point, it's a toss up between the OH700VB and Timsok TS-316. Different configurations but both well received.
let me make it easier for you man..in just one phrase..
OH700VB is a warm,coloured & atmospheric ,laid back and fun orientated earphone, very very natural sounding ,capable of creating an exceptional 3D spacious headroom and obtaining noticeable thick note weight as well as tremendous spatiallity of elements across the stage and smoothest ever treble...

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2024 at 5:39 AM Post #207 of 233
I don’t think they’re similar, but @Leonarfd has both sets, so I’m sure he’ll be more than happy to give you his impressions and comparison.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2024 at 4:39 PM Post #208 of 233

Oriveti OH700VB

This has been a very different experience for me, it took time getting accustomed to the sound.

Starting with switch ON, this moves the bass tuck more forward closer the mids without any bleed into the midrange.
It's interesting as it nails the part of being very bassy(subwoofer like) when called for, slightly dark midrange that's also detailed with an open and transparent high range.

Then you turn off the switch and it's not as bassy anymore, the bass tuck is then reduced where you get similar sub bass but a lot of the mid bass is gone.
But in return the balance changes then, mids come forth more and have a more neutral balance with the rest.

Its definitely a more unique tuned IEM than most models coming out and maybe not as good with all genres, the switch does help making it more versatile.

Going to write a full review on it, going to take some time.
But right now I can say I enjoy it a good amount, now listening to some older techno by Andy Stott with switch on. And I do think its where I like it the most so far, together with electronica. Here it transforms to a full basshead experience as the album already has a warm and dark tilt, then swap over to some modern jazz and its slightly dark but neutral without the bass being overbearing and that is also with switch on. Power of bass tuck and no bleed.

https://songwhip.com/andy-stott/unknown-exception

https://songwhip.com/snarky-puppy/empire-central

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2024 at 4:47 PM Post #209 of 233

I don’t think they’re similar, but @Leonarfd has both sets, so I’m sure he’ll be more than happy to give you his impressions and comparison.
I can see if I can do a fast compare one of the days, fairly different IEMs. Both are great in their own way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back