Oriolus Traillii Electrostatic Hybrid IEM discussion thread
Jun 20, 2021 at 11:47 PM Post #3,122 of 8,024
I like the bumpy texture on the leather personally. Nice to grip and feel.
Just reminds me of popcorn ceilings a bit too much. And most popcorn ceilings I associate with teachers or doctors from hell😂

B0643D6F-ED35-4BDC-9519-4388B710ADC7.jpeg

Jun 20, 2021 at 11:53 PM Post #3,123 of 8,024
Who is choosing these colors!?! 😩

Perhaps one of the benefits of being colour blind is not noticing colour as a feature as much as form. Whatever colour that darker one is, (purple?) I though it was black but just a weird lighting/camera angle making it look lighter than black..
The other one is just "bright" (yellow?)... I ask because if you told me it was neon green I would believe you.. ha ha..
Functionally, these look great though...

Jun 21, 2021 at 12:11 AM Post #3,124 of 8,024
Just reminds me of popcorn ceilings a bit too much. And most popcorn ceilings I associate with teachers or doctors from hell😂

B0643D6F-ED35-4BDC-9519-4388B710ADC7.jpeg
It’s a grained leather which is very common in luxury items especially luggage and boots. It’s durable and does not crease as easily as a smooth leather. Smooth leather is a bit more upkeep.

Jun 21, 2021 at 1:28 AM Post #3,125 of 8,024
Any metal songs you recommend in specific to A/B? So far for genres Alternative, Indie, Progressive & EDM, I notice deeper extension on the lows & highs from Tidal over APM. Average loudness is higher off Tidal, but even after volume-matching, the dynamics are less refined/smoother on the APM (which likely explains why it is more forgiving on worse quality tracks).

Likely can't ignore that my W2 is registering 88.2k on Tidal versus APM's mostly 44.
That's weird....I notice the EXACT opposite. Tidal sounds the worst of all streaming services to me. Try some of the top Trivium songs!
But I've noticed AM sounding very different from my laptop to my Android phone. I guess you might be trying it off your laptop? Android beta app sounded best to me.

Edit: I've had my old man listen to both too without telling him what the difference is. He says Tidal sounds digital, while AM has that vinyl smoothness. I hope someone analyzes sometime what's going on

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2021 at 2:15 AM Post #3,126 of 8,024
That's weird....I notice the EXACT opposite. Tidal sounds the worst of all streaming services to me. Try some of the top Trivium songs!
But I've noticed AM sounding very different from my laptop to my Android phone. I guess you might be trying it off your laptop? Android beta app sounded best to me.

Edit: I've had my old man listen to both too without telling him what the difference is. He says Tidal sounds digital, while AM has that vinyl smoothness. I hope someone analyzes sometime what's going on
All these different streaming presentations suggest some serious DSP going on behind the scenes. Which means you're not getting Bitperfect masters. In any other conversation that would be an issue, no?

Jun 21, 2021 at 2:30 AM Post #3,127 of 8,024

Even my wife can hear it!
Also I look forward to your trailli iem. Even if it doesn't live up I appreciate the endeavour.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2021 at 2:37 AM Post #3,128 of 8,024
All these different streaming presentations suggest some serious DSP going on behind the scenes. Which means you're not getting Bitperfect masters. In any other conversation that would be an issue, no?
Hmmm it's a bit of a weird thing. It sounds like very well done DSP but some people found that labels snuck MQA into AM which played back as MQA. That suggests that it is bit perfect. They probably just have different masters, as indicated by the "Apple Digital Master" badge

Jun 21, 2021 at 2:39 AM Post #3,129 of 8,024
Even my wife can hear it!
Also I look forward to your trailli iem. Even if it doesn't live up I appreciate the endeavour.
Please don't call it Traillii IEM :D it's only Traillii-inspired. But very cool man, I hope I can make some people happy with my work :)

Jun 21, 2021 at 2:57 AM Post #3,130 of 8,024
Hmmm it's a bit of a weird thing. It sounds like very well done DSP but some people found that labels snuck MQA into AM which played back as MQA. That suggests that it is bit perfect. They probably just have different masters, as indicated by the "Apple Digital Master" badge
MQA on AM...can you imagine the scandal! 😝

Jun 21, 2021 at 3:21 AM Post #3,131 of 8,024
MQA on AM...can you imagine the scandal! 😝
Yep. A bit like GoldenSound sneaking Test Signals into MQA😂 Actually, that gives me an idea. AM can probably be analyzed the same way....

But anyways, AM and Traillii sure have nice synergy

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2021 at 9:01 AM Post #3,132 of 8,024
Please don't call it Traillii IEM :D it's only Traillii-inspired. But very cool man, I hope I can make some people happy with my work :)

You do realize you're raising expectation bar very high with all this hype about Traillii clone :wink: Maybe you should bundle it with Dr's PWA cable clone, to make it complete? :D

But seriously, I'm curious if this is going to be your first IEM or have you made some in the past or collaborated with other manufacturers? Head-fi gave birth to some popular brand names. Peter of TheCustomArt was just a regular head-fier and look where it got him!

Jun 21, 2021 at 9:10 AM Post #3,133 of 8,024
You do realize you're raising expectation bar very high with all this hype about Traillii clone :wink: Maybe you should bundle it with Dr's PWA cable clone, to make it complete? :D

But seriously, I'm curious if this is going to be your first IEM or have you made some in the past or collaborated with other manufacturers? Head-fi gave birth to some popular brand names. Peter of TheCustomArt was just a regular head-fier and look where it got him!
I think this is a bit too much talk about my brand instead of Traillii-related things. Feel free to send me a PM, we can discuss further via Email without violating HeadFi ToS😁
I'm friends with a very talented IEM developer, that much I can say :wink:

Jun 21, 2021 at 9:15 AM Post #3,134 of 8,024
I know this isn’t directly Traillii related, but I just got the DHL notification for the shipment of the Elysian Acoustic Labs Annihilator demo to arrive, it says Monday the 28th but knowing DHL I should have it before then. Really really looking forward to hearing this one and haven’t been this excited to try an IEM since I was waiting for the Traillii demo.

I’ll post some comparisons whenever I have it!

Jun 21, 2021 at 12:25 PM Post #3,135 of 8,024

Users who are viewing this thread

Back