Oriolus Traillii Electrostatic Hybrid IEM discussion thread
Jun 20, 2021 at 10:16 PM Post #3,106 of 8,034
Couple questions.. maybe the wrong thread but since the Trailli is likely on my horizon...
I have the M8 which I understand isn't the best source but I'm not thinking to change that for now.
I thought of maybe adding a W2 and wondered if that issue with the iphones is still a concern, the part about drawing too much and volume clipping or something.
And, could the W2 work with the M8 just for comparison purposes..?
W2 and M8 are pretty complimentary. @FooFighter & I have discussed it at length so perhaps he can add in if I missed anything, but:

1. Excited for your potential in obtaining Traillii
2. Yes, W2 will eat your iphone battery
3. M8 is still a great source for Traillii, don't stress it. Most of us are just crazy and trying to find slight adjustments for synergy. Traillii really pairs well with just about anything.
4. W2 vs M8:
W2 is more of an upper-mids and [dry, addicting] subbass focused presentation, whereas M8 has more of a midbass and lower mids focus. Treble is a touch more laid-back on M8 but in a smooth, warm way. W2's transients are a bit more energetic IMO. Technically, they are surprisingly quite similar. M8 does have a slightly fuller sound overall, but W2 + Traillii is not thin by any means. For the price-to-performance ratio, I do prefer the W2 + Traillii synergy than M8 + T. It's just the damn battery draining...

Jun 20, 2021 at 10:32 PM Post #3,107 of 8,034
Couple questions.. maybe the wrong thread but since the Trailli is likely on my horizon...
I have the M8 which I understand isn't the best source but I'm not thinking to change that for now.
I thought of maybe adding a W2 and wondered if that issue with the iphones is still a concern, the part about drawing too much and volume clipping or something.
And, could the W2 work with the M8 just for comparison purposes..?
The issue with Iphone seemed to be above Volume 70. Which you would use only if you plug the W2 to an amp (like the C9)
However I did not experienced that with iphone 12max. I did not upgrade the firmware of the W2.
When listening to the W2 alone with volume between 30-40 I really never experienced sound issue.

As promised above, here are the official pics for the W2 case if anyone is interested. We can clearly see how the magmatic function is working. It should retail for $30-40.
Will these case be sold by L&P or are they made by a third party? I am highly interested :) Thanks for sharing

Jun 20, 2021 at 10:41 PM Post #3,108 of 8,034
The issue with Iphone seemed to be above Volume 70. Which you would use only if you plug the W2 to an amp (like the C9)
However I did not experienced that with iphone 12max. I did not upgrade the firmware of the W2.
When listening to the W2 alone with volume between 30-40 I really never experienced sound issue.

Will these case be sold by L&P or are they made by a third party? I am highly interested :) Thanks for sharing
They are made by LP themselves. LP’s authorized dealers should receive them very soon if they have decided to stock them.

Jun 20, 2021 at 11:13 PM Post #3,110 of 8,034
Jun 20, 2021 at 11:14 PM Post #3,112 of 8,034
Jun 20, 2021 at 11:15 PM Post #3,113 of 8,034
That’s the same colors they did for the P6 cases. They look really nice in person, IMO.
Yes indeed! Same as P6 Pro. :grin:
B1FB0889-2749-491E-B74D-E569360E8B33.jpeg

Jun 20, 2021 at 11:25 PM Post #3,115 of 8,034
Jun 20, 2021 at 11:30 PM Post #3,117 of 8,034
Glad I'm not the only one who hears it! Metal is sublime. I have tons of recordings with unimaginably bad mastering, suddenly they became listenable.
Any metal songs you recommend in specific to A/B? So far for genres Alternative, Indie, Progressive & EDM, I notice deeper extension on the lows & highs from Tidal over APM. Average loudness is higher off Tidal, but even after volume-matching, the dynamics are less refined/smoother on the APM (which likely explains why it is more forgiving on worse quality tracks).

Likely can't ignore that my W2 is registering 88.2k on Tidal versus APM's mostly 44.

Jun 20, 2021 at 11:30 PM Post #3,118 of 8,034
Jun 20, 2021 at 11:34 PM Post #3,119 of 8,034
W2 and M8 are pretty complimentary. @FooFighter & I have discussed it at length so perhaps he can add in if I missed anything, but:

1. Excited for your potential in obtaining Traillii
2. Yes, W2 will eat your iphone battery
3. M8 is still a great source for Traillii, don't stress it. Most of us are just crazy and trying to find slight adjustments for synergy. Traillii really pairs well with just about anything.
4. W2 vs M8:
W2 is more of an upper-mids and [dry, addicting] subbass focused presentation, whereas M8 has more of a midbass and lower mids focus. Treble is a touch more laid-back on M8 but in a smooth, warm way. W2's transients are a bit more energetic IMO. Technically, they are surprisingly quite similar. M8 does have a slightly fuller sound overall, but W2 + Traillii is not thin by any means. For the price-to-performance ratio, I do prefer the W2 + Traillii synergy than M8 + T. It's just the damn battery draining...

Thanks! Very helpful information...

Jun 20, 2021 at 11:35 PM Post #3,120 of 8,034
Just shared with Wan. :sunglasses:
:pray:And please, without the big circle thingies on it. Like a smooth to the touch without bumps. When going portable, we want it as sleek as possible (I'd imagine) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back