Oriolus Traillii Electrostatic Hybrid IEM discussion thread
Jun 21, 2021 at 4:36 PM Post #3,138 of 8,034
Hey guys, Quick question... Has anyone heard that the Traillii price is going up to 6600$
Thanks!
Yeah we've been meme'ing about it for a couple of months now. Mainly that they're upgrading the cardboard box packaging.

Jun 21, 2021 at 4:50 PM Post #3,140 of 8,034
nylon on the original.

new one is leather.

Jun 21, 2021 at 4:50 PM Post #3,141 of 8,034
Jun 21, 2021 at 5:01 PM Post #3,143 of 8,034
I couldn't resist the temptation and acquired the Traillii :sweat_smile: Thanks again @bigbeans ! Hurray! It sounds really impressive on my W2 at the very first moment.

Has anyone paired Traillii with AK SP2K and the Effect Audio AKA adapter though? I bought the AKA from Musicteck and was excited about it, but this pairing pretty much disappointed me. I found the AKA added too much wetness and low treble to Traillii, also made the background less black. It sounded even wore than my $20 ddhifi adaptor...awful! Anyone has similar experience? Or it's just me hating AKA adaptor that much?

The rectangular shape of the AKA adaptor is also incompatible with the dignis case, another negative point:slight_frown:

With those being said, should I go for PWA AK to 4.4mm adaptors instead, standard edition, 1960s ver., spring/autumn/winter limited edition? Any recommendations guys? Thanks.

IMG_20210621_162113__01.jpg

IMG_20210621_162518.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2021 at 5:04 PM Post #3,144 of 8,034
I couldn't the temptation and acquired the Traillii :sweat_smile: Thanks again @bigbeans ! Hurray! It sounds really impressive on my W2 at the very first moment.

Has anyone paired Traillii with AK SP2K and the Effect Audio AKA adapter though? I bought the AKA from Musicteck and was excited about it, but this pairing pretty much disappointed me. I found the AKA added too much wetness and low treble to Traillii, also made the background less black. It sounded even wore than my $20 ddhifi adaptor...awful! Anyone has similar experience? Or it's just me hating AKA adaptor that much?

The rectangular shape of the AKA adaptor is also incompatible with the dignis case, another negative point:slight_frown:

With those being said, should I go for PWA AK to 4.4mm adaptors instead, standard edition, 1960s ver., spring/autumn/winter limited edition? Any recommendations guys? Thanks.

IMG_20210621_162518.jpg

I tried SP2000 + AKA with Traillii and personally I have found better pairings for my tastes. I heard that combo to be on the brighter side, I much prefer it from a slightly warmer DAP like DX300 or even R6 2020. With that said, I still found it quite impressive from the SP2000. The Traillii scales very well and is very tweakable depending on what your DAP signature is like. I believe @tawmizzzz uses the PW Audio adapter instead of the AKA one.

Jun 21, 2021 at 11:12 PM Post #3,146 of 8,034
I couldn't resist the temptation and acquired the Traillii :sweat_smile: Thanks again @bigbeans ! Hurray! It sounds really impressive on my W2 at the very first moment.

IMG_20210621_162518.jpg
Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the FlockHouse!

I haven’t tried the AKA adapter but was just on this boat trying to determine which adapter to get. First, I’ll share what PWA sent via Andrew from Musicteck (translated from Chinese to English) about the limited editions, and then the 1960:

-Autumn, balance, sweet voice
-Winter, high analytical power, more suitable for musical instruments
-In spring, the middle and low frequencies are very good, the dynamics are strong, and the vocals are emotional

2. 1960s is more comprehensive, the sound field is vast, the vocals are slightly sweet and emotional, the analysis power is high, and the background is black

I initially considered Spring but remembered how smooth the 1960 cable is for treble and went with the 1960s and have absolutely no regrets. Pitch black background, excellent clarity and refined sound. It’s technical but still very full and enjoyable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back