Oriolus Traillii Electrostatic Hybrid IEM discussion thread
Apr 22, 2024 at 6:33 AM Post #7,951 of 8,024
Totally enamoured by the Traillii Ti. My new desktop setup has been the star of the show lately but really enjoying the Ti out of Hugo 2+2Go, while "hard at work" at my desk.
Sounds really good with my Cayin N30LE too. Need to finally get around to trying it out straight out of DAVE..

Look forward to getting the Ulan 8wire in the next few weeks, as well as an Orphy from @ulverr

Attachments

• IMG_1343.jpeg
    IMG_1343.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 22, 2024 at 12:02 PM Post #7,952 of 8,024
Totally enamoured by the Traillii Ti. My new desktop setup has been the star of the show lately but really enjoying the Ti out of Hugo 2+2Go, while "hard at work" at my desk.
Sounds really good with my Cayin N30LE too. Need to finally get around to trying it out straight out of DAVE..

Look forward to getting the Ulan 8wire in the next few weeks, as well as an Orphy from @ulverr

Hi,
can you please tell us what kind of a cable the Ulan 8-wire is?
Thank you.

From my personal perspective I judge the Trailli JP to belong to that group that sounds great out of the Dave. I am still searching for a convenient adapter or adapter cable solution.

Apr 22, 2024 at 12:07 PM Post #7,953 of 8,024
https://sgaudiohive.com/products/ulan

This is the 4 wire version but the description on here should suffice. I am waiting for mine to arrive but have requested that they do away with the gold bits :)

A new pure silver flagship from one of the old guards of Singapore's DIY scene. In the works for years, it is finally ready for its debut as the capstone of a new line-up. With Yong's background of playing brass for orchestras and jazz ensembles, this pure silver cable is tuned specifically to portray timbre, especially of classical instruments, with the utmost accuracy. Avoiding the stereotypical sharpness and thinness of most silver cables and also the warm coloration of some modern ones, Ulan balances body, density, and a natural openness in the treble on a knife's edge. With an attention to detail sonically that mirrors our own, Ulan has neither a warm nor a cold lean and is impressively fine-tuned to take full advantage of the unique characteristics of silver.

From @Chang of Subtonic & Nightjar.

Attachments

• IMG_2104.jpg
    IMG_2104.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 22, 2024 at 1:15 PM Post #7,955 of 8,024
Apr 22, 2024 at 4:30 PM Post #7,957 of 8,024
The Ti seems to be getting all the glamour nowadays.... I just received a non-Ti birdie myself. Looking forward to listening!! Traded up from Odin.

1000008288.jpg
I think they’re both fantastic. Just two different takes with the same technology.

I personally gravitate towards the Ti more, having owned the JP and didn’t connect to it as much, but in ideal world the answer is always the same… both ! :)

Apr 23, 2024 at 5:59 AM Post #7,963 of 8,024
I decided to go with the original bird, courtesy of @Amadeo Nospherathu.😃

Thank you to everyone who helped me scour the internet for the TI.

Now to hunt for the cable.😅

I'm also interested in the ULAN if you don't mind.
I think Ulan 8w should pair well with OG. I’m enjoying Eletech SoA with Ti tremendously

Apr 23, 2024 at 6:12 AM Post #7,964 of 8,024
I decided to go with the original bird, courtesy of @Amadeo Nospherathu.😃

Thank you to everyone who helped me scour the internet for the TI.

Now to hunt for the cable.😅

I'm also interested in the ULAN if you don't mind.

I recently ordered the Sovereign Symphony (Nightjar) to go with the Trailii JP.

Waiting for it to arrive.

Ironically ; with the current exchange rate the cable cost me pretty much the same as the bird once upon a time.

And that is me done. Until the next purchase :p

Apr 23, 2024 at 6:29 AM Post #7,965 of 8,024
I recently ordered the Sovereign Symphony (Nightjar) to go with the Trailii JP.

Waiting for it to arrive.

Ironically ; with the current exchange rate the cable cost me pretty much the same as the bird once upon a time.

And that is me done. Until the next purchase :p
The Sovereign Symphony has an MSRP of $5,000 🤑, which is a little over my budget, to say the least.

I recently got my hands on the PW Audio Meet Again shielding (stock cable of UM le jardin) and No. 5. Can't wait to test them with the Traillii. 😃

Users who are viewing this thread

• SUBA
Back