Oriolus Traillii Electrostatic Hybrid IEM discussion thread
Apr 6, 2024 at 8:27 PM Post #7,921 of 8,020
What seems to be the consensus around which third party cable works “best” for Traillii?

Chiron and Orpheus seem to be getting the most mentions but curious to know what else is seen as being a great fit.
Brise Yatono OG 🤩

Apr 7, 2024 at 4:32 AM Post #7,922 of 8,020
Last edited:
Apr 7, 2024 at 4:42 AM Post #7,923 of 8,020
I apologise if it’s already been covered but does anyone recall if the cable on the Ti is different to the OG?
Edit: found it https://www.aboutaudio.org/oriolus-traillii-titanium-review-the-irresistible-charm/

I’ve heard absolutely nothing on even a prototype or successor to Trailii. So if anyone knows… definitely keen to see what’s next from Oriolus before contemplating 8k US.
There been some talk 2023 that Oriolus is taking their time with Trailii 2, my guess we might see one 2015, if not by then the price of the Ti will be significantly lower on second hand market. So if you can wait - wait :]

Apr 7, 2024 at 1:51 PM Post #7,924 of 8,020
What seems to be the consensus around which third party cable works “best” for Traillii?

Chiron and Orpheus seem to be getting the most mentions but curious to know what else is seen as being a great fit.
Recently, I finally lost my mind and tried them with the DHC Chimera (not the Mini Chimera, which is designed for IEMs, but the full-size version). So far, it's the best thing I've heard. I haven't compared it to Orphy, but it leaves FT far behind. Better scene, plan separation, 3D, control... I'll definitely order the Mini Chimera to try it out, because I don't know how to pack the improvements that Chimera gives into a smaller format, because I can only use Chimera through adapters.

Apr 7, 2024 at 2:45 PM Post #7,925 of 8,020
Was talking to @Chang and he tells me the Sovereign Symphony is a fabulous fit. Improved technicality, resolution and an increased sense of scale. I can see how that could be stellar (cost no object)
I’m listening to the Ti now with the Sovereign symphony and it’s the best IEM experience I’ve ever had. I also really like the Orpheus with Ti; it’s simply a different flavor. What I really love about the SS is the scale, note weight and overall sense of sheer size all around you. I’ve never heard a stage like this, Orphy is very big but more wide, and not very tall with that roll off. The SS is a wall of sound, all around you with extremely tall and deep extension. It has a more neural tuning, less warmth and less relaxed. Technicals to me appear to be heightened as well, it’s just phenomenal.

In person it’s actually quite lovely, I’m always a fan of understated, but the SS is very nice. The y split is so nice too, feels very solid.

A few folks I know do like the Sovereign Symphony with Storm. For Traillii Ti my thoughts would be Orpheus.
Funny enough I’ve never seen the SS on anything except the Storm. I think people don’t even associate it as a buyable cable, just something as upgrade for current Storm owners. I’ve heard all the best cables, own the Orphy and Rhapsodio CF, and the SS for me, is the finest cable I’ve ever heard. With Ti, again for me, it’s the best pairing I’ve heard. The send of massiveness is just crazy.

Apr 7, 2024 at 6:05 PM Post #7,926 of 8,020
I’m listening to the Ti now with the Sovereign symphony and it’s the best IEM experience I’ve ever had. I also really like the Orpheus with Ti; it’s simply a different flavor. What I really love about the SS is the scale, note weight and overall sense of sheer size all around you. I’ve never heard a stage like this, Orphy is very big but more wide, and not very tall with that roll off. The SS is a wall of sound, all around you with extremely tall and deep extension. It has a more neural tuning, less warmth and less relaxed. Technicals to me appear to be heightened as well, it’s just phenomenal.

In person it’s actually quite lovely, I’m always a fan of understated, but the SS is very nice. The y split is so nice too, feels very solid.

Funny enough I’ve never seen the SS on anything except the Storm. I think people don’t even associate it as a buyable cable, just something as upgrade for current Storm owners. I’ve heard all the best cables, own the Orphy and Rhapsodio CF, and the SS for me, is the finest cable I’ve ever heard. With Ti, again for me, it’s the best pairing I’ve heard. The send of massiveness is just crazy.
Part of me feels like the SS is part of a cable game. Make a thicker cable which should sound better as resistance is lowered due to its size and charge allot. Is it really better, or just different? Its size concerns me, not sure I can get over it. I don’t know, I just feel like things are getting more and more out of hand concerning price.

Do you find it to be microphonic in any way?

Apr 8, 2024 at 11:41 PM Post #7,927 of 8,020

It is just an amazing cable. I heard it on the Viking Ragnar and confirm that it takes the Ragnar up a notch or two or three!

Apr 9, 2024 at 3:35 AM Post #7,928 of 8,020
Part of me feels like the SS is part of a cable game. Make a thicker cable which should sound better as resistance is lowered due to its size and charge allot. Is it really better, or just different? Its size concerns me, not sure I can get over it. I don’t know, I just feel like things are getting more and more out of hand concerning price.

Do you find it to be microphonic in any way?
I would agree that the prices have gone totally bonkers with cables, and the diminishing returns are hard to swallow. That being said, I don't agree the SS, (or Orphy or RSD CF4W) are some kind of game or fake out, and simply bigger to be more expensive. I have the RSD CF 2w and 4w with me right now and I can tell you, the 4w is quite a big step up, same goes for Sovereign and Symphony. The difference is real; bigger stage, more micro details, bigger note weight, more dynamic, et al. With that comes a bigger price, worse ergo. I find SS to be quite comfortable, its huge but quite soft, and the lack of ear hooks means it just drapes on your neck. I've been doing 6hrs+ sessions since I got it and I am floored.

Orphy is also staggeringly good, listening to it now. I spent the day yesterday with the RSD CF 4w and that is also ridiculously good.

All have terrible microphonics, such is the nature of a big cable.

It is just an amazing cable. I heard it on the Viking Ragnar and confirm that it takes the Ragnar up a notch or two or three!

Agreed! :)

Apr 9, 2024 at 5:23 AM Post #7,929 of 8,020
I apologise if it’s already been covered but does anyone recall if the cable on the Ti is different to the OG?
Edit: found it https://www.aboutaudio.org/oriolus-traillii-titanium-review-the-irresistible-charm/

I’ve heard absolutely nothing on even a prototype or successor to Trailii. So if anyone knows… definitely keen to see what’s next from Oriolus before contemplating 8k US.
In short, I believe the OG cable was made by PW based on the 1960s specs 4 wire copper cable. The TI one is an 8 Core supposedly in house (not from PW) based on a silver gold, copper mix. I was lead to believe the TI was the successor to the OG since it addressed some of the key feedback from the OG users. Will they bring out one call Traillii 2, I have not heard.

Apr 19, 2024 at 9:14 AM Post #7,934 of 8,020
Unfortunately they don't ship to Thailand I'm afraid

I will go check it out, thank you

I was about to suggest Musicteck, but see they are out of stock, all sold out :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back