Oriolus Traillii Electrostatic Hybrid IEM discussion thread
Apr 5, 2024 at 2:16 PM Post #7,906 of 8,034
This was a rather interesting contest.

Very different tuning. Each great in its own way. Really happy with what I went for in the end though!

IMG_1199.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2024 at 8:16 PM Post #7,908 of 8,034
I'm so happy to hear that the Traillii Ti is getting so much love here :) And it makes me double happy that four friends have now bought a Ti after hearing mine in Amsterdam, amazing. I think a lot of people are getting really stuck on the price, and I totally get it, really. But the Ti is special, very very special. And for some that amount of special is worth the money - I know for me it is.

looking forward to reading your impression on Ti (w/stock) + E7 ☺️

interesting serial # you got there.

Apr 5, 2024 at 8:27 PM Post #7,909 of 8,034
The Ti getting the best setup I can give them so far…

IMG_0599.jpeg

IMG_0600.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2024 at 2:02 AM Post #7,910 of 8,034
looking forward to reading your impression on Ti (w/stock) + E7 ☺️

interesting serial # you got there.
Haha, I hadn’t noticed!

Apr 6, 2024 at 4:01 AM Post #7,911 of 8,034
Apr 6, 2024 at 4:32 AM Post #7,913 of 8,034
Apr 6, 2024 at 4:17 PM Post #7,914 of 8,034
What seems to be the consensus around which third party cable works “best” for Traillii?

Chiron and Orpheus seem to be getting the most mentions but curious to know what else is seen as being a great fit.

Apr 6, 2024 at 5:39 PM Post #7,916 of 8,034
What seems to be the consensus around which third party cable works “best” for Traillii?

Chiron and Orpheus seem to be getting the most mentions but curious to know what else is seen as being a great fit.
Was talking to @Chang and he tells me the Sovereign Symphony is a fabulous fit. Improved technicality, resolution and an increased sense of scale. I can see how that could be stellar (cost no object)

Apr 6, 2024 at 6:22 PM Post #7,917 of 8,034
Was talking to @Chang and he tells me the Sovereign Symphony is a fabulous fit. Improved technicality, resolution and an increased sense of scale. I can see how that could be stellar (cost no object)
I looked at the Sovereign Symphony- I just don’t think it is a good fit visually speaking. Sovereign would probably be better- at least in terms of ergonomics.

I also don’t like the chin slider on the new Sovereign cables. I do have to admit they are really well made, however.

Apr 6, 2024 at 6:26 PM Post #7,918 of 8,034
I looked at the Sovereign Symphony- I just don’t think it is a good fit visually speaking. Sovereign would probably be better- at least in terms of ergonomics.

I also don’t like the chin slider on the new Sovereign cables. I do have to admit they are really well made, however.
I was only taking into account sonics. But there really is so much more to cable selection isn’t there? :)

There seems to be a trend towards the higher end cables being ergonomically thick or unwieldy. PWA comes to mind. And I’ve been looking at the Brise Audio.

How does Orpheus pair with Trailii? I’d imagine unless one wanted a different tonality, it’d be an upgrade to the stock cable in all aspects.

Apr 6, 2024 at 6:38 PM Post #7,919 of 8,034
So I have read re Orpheus. The other reason it is an attractive option is that, ergonomically and visually speaking, it is head and shoulders above the Sovereign/Sovereign Symphony.

Not to mention that Orphy can be had at a more reasonable price point these days.

Apr 6, 2024 at 8:10 PM Post #7,920 of 8,034
A few folks I know do like the Sovereign Symphony with Storm. For Traillii Ti my thoughts would be Orpheus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back