Oriolus Traillii Electrostatic Hybrid IEM discussion thread
May 10, 2022 at 5:59 AM Post #6,527 of 8,052
Hey, guys. Quick question: What is tip rolling? Just curious. Thanks.

May 10, 2022 at 6:02 AM Post #6,528 of 8,052
Hey, guys. Quick question: What is tip rolling? Just curious. Thanks.
It means trying different tips. Just like cable rolling - trying different cables.

May 10, 2022 at 6:13 AM Post #6,529 of 8,052
May 10, 2022 at 7:06 AM Post #6,530 of 8,052
It means trying different tips. Just like cable rolling - trying different cables.
Sorry,
would like to ask,do you prefer C9 or romy Audio bx 2?
Could be a stupid question because it depend on sound one can prefer or with iem one has,for exemple i think C9 can be good with Jewel and Romi Audio with UM,but try to ask you for your big experience,i would like to buy one,
thanks

May 10, 2022 at 9:00 AM Post #6,531 of 8,052
Sorry,
would like to ask,do you prefer C9 or romy Audio bx 2?
Could be a stupid question because it depend on sound one can prefer or with iem one has,for exemple i think C9 can be good with Jewel and Romi Audio with UM,but try to ask you for your big experience,i would like to buy one,
thanks

I only have the original BX2 which is unusable with many IEMs due to a very high power output, but heard BX2+ could be a bit different. But in general, BX2 has a super transparent tonality, and I really mean it as "super transparent" since it will not color LO output of your DAC or if you are double-amping your DAP headphone output. C9 will give you a lot of options to color the sound and it is friendlier with IEMs. So, they are complimentary in functionality and tonality.

May 10, 2022 at 9:17 AM Post #6,532 of 8,052
what do you like better about the jewel's treble tuning vs. x?

I wasn't the biggest fan of the x; I do admit its treble is remarkably detailed and unusually smooth in its presentation (in a good way,) but I found the overall sound to be a bit too laid back, and not quite engaging enough. I also thought the dd bass was a bit lacking in texture.

really looking forward to hearing the jewel in the next couple of days...
When compared to X, the Jewel actually has more treble air and the stage is much wider and taller. Couple that with its spectacular upper mids and it prefectly meets my needs for any genre of music requiring great treble. The X is warmer and has more subbass. So, the treble is not tuned to be the star of the show. X requires a lot of power to drive properly. So, it was very source picky. I had to pair it with C9 to make it sound right.

May 10, 2022 at 5:43 PM Post #6,533 of 8,052
Been listening to jewel since last night…purchase seems inevitable.

It’s the first iem since bird that’s impressed me.

It’s also the first time I’ve ever really been completely satisfied with a dd, which is amusing.

May 11, 2022 at 3:20 PM Post #6,534 of 8,052
Purchased.

May 11, 2022 at 3:44 PM Post #6,535 of 8,052
May 11, 2022 at 5:19 PM Post #6,536 of 8,052
Still haven't pried the orphy off traillii. :sweat_smile:

My friend who lent me the jewel was kind enough to send it with the ft.

I've been wanting to pick up an ft myself for a little while...and whadya know...my friend actually offered me his. If I buy it, he'll just send me the box later.

If I end up with the ft for jewel, I don't know how inclined I'll be to want to take orphy off bird. (I don't like moving cables around much.)

I'm sure I'll try it at some point, and I'll let you know when I do.

For now, I'll say that Jewel with ft is already :ok_hand:

May 11, 2022 at 6:56 PM Post #6,538 of 8,052
Still haven't pried the orphy off traillii. :sweat_smile:

My friend who lent me the jewel was kind enough to send it with the ft.

I've been wanting to pick up an ft myself for a little while...and whadya know...my friend actually offered me his. If I buy it, he'll just send me the box later.

If I end up with the ft for jewel, I don't know how inclined I'll be to want to take orphy off bird. (I don't like moving cables around much.)

I'm sure I'll try it at some point, and I'll let you know when I do.

For now, I'll say that Jewel with ft is already :ok_hand:

Nice! Look forward to your result one day. 😉

I'm the opposite... I'll put Orphy on everything I get my hands on, lol. I have been wanting to acquire FT with shielding too... Orphy + FT would be my top 2 cables to keep.

May 11, 2022 at 7:33 PM Post #6,539 of 8,052
I'm good skipping the shielding on the ft...I have it for orphy for the absolute "op" cable from Peter.

But on ft, I'm alright taking it without the shielding to have a slightly lighter and more convenient cable, that still retains most of the sonic benefits of the "orphy architecture."

orphy + ft sounds :ok_hand: to me.

Last edited:
May 11, 2022 at 10:04 PM Post #6,540 of 8,052
I can understand the comfort aspect but I don't want to miss out on the blackness provided by the shielding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back