May 27, 2022 at 10:36 PM Post #6,556 of 8,024
Good news
Sort of good news
Gone for the weekend ... 🙄
Screenshot_2022-05-27-19-30-34-05_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

May 28, 2022 at 4:35 AM Post #6,557 of 8,024
IMG_20220528_015627_013.jpg

May 28, 2022 at 11:31 AM Post #6,558 of 8,024
I posted something in one of the Xenns Up's thread.
I would not consider it complementary to the Traillii.
While it has nice Dynamic Bass, it is not Legend X level. I would say the Xenns Up is a good set for its price for people who like bass.

I think it is being too hyped. Seeing listed S tier by some people makes me doubtful. It is not at the level of the UM Mest mkii.
When I A/B test the Xenns Up and the Bird, there is just no comparison when it comes to details, vocals, stage, mids. And somehow, I tend to prefer the Bass details of the bird without the "air slam" of the dynamic driver.
I still prefer the Legend X to be my "anti bird" when I feel like I just want bass.
Been listening to the xenns up for some time and just got the legend x (someone's review of u18s persuaded my to buy lx 😅).

I was skeptical of your comment at first, but after hearing both i 100% agree with you. Legend x is in another league compared to xenns up. Xenns a good iem, but it stays in my drawer because i have the mest mk2. They sound different but scratches the same itch but mest mk2 is alot better imho. This is coming from a guy that listens to alot if hip hop. So sub and mid bass is critical.

But lx and traillii scratches a different itch for me compared to mest. I definitely can see legend x being a good compliment to traillii though. While u18s seems like a tamed legend x with forward mids.

Last edited:
May 28, 2022 at 11:52 AM Post #6,559 of 8,024
Oh yes, people on this thread have said that if you get the Traillii, you don't need to get other IEMs and that it ruins the experience for other IEMs. That is not true at all. The Traillii is no different than any other IEM in that some people will prefer it and others will prefer other options. We just don't get those reports because we are a small group of like mind people and everyone else doesn't have an opportunity to even hear them. Some people even say that they haven't heard anyone who didn't like the Traillii. That's because the sample size is small. Of course there will be people who don't like it. It's inevitable.

I agree that the Headphone experience is different than the IEM experience. I've posted that a number of times. IEMs have the advantage of blackness of background and micro dynamics. Headphones have the advantage of sound stage and macrodynamics. I was listening to Classical Music with my HD800S and it is way better than Traillii for the music I was listening to by a large margin. I am not even saying that everyone will agree with my impressions. But, this is after all a subjective hobby. In today's Headphone Show, @Resolve had @crinnacle on the show. Both of them stated that TOTL headphones outperform IEMs and the reason is physics.
For people like me, headphones are irrelevant. I'm sure they likely sound better, but i have iems because i walk alot.

Also i listen to very vulgar music in corporate America or public places and headphones are too loud. Imagine listening to this in the office or public with loud headphones .. 😬

Last edited:
May 28, 2022 at 12:52 PM Post #6,560 of 8,024
May 28, 2022 at 1:48 PM Post #6,561 of 8,024
How is the Doctor Juggles 1950 actually ... ?

It’s an amazing cable.

I used it primarily on erlkonig, but since I am selling that, I’m looking to pass the cable on to someone else.

The only cable I’ve heard that I think is significantly better is the orphy, but msrp is 7x what this 1950 clone costs.
What changes between the original 1950 and that of doctor juggles ?

May 29, 2022 at 12:06 AM Post #6,562 of 8,024
Sonically, it is identical to what I remember the pw 1950 sounding like.

Aesthetically, it is as good or better than the original, because the doctor sources identical parts, and can also further customize the cable based on your desires.

May 29, 2022 at 12:08 AM Post #6,563 of 8,024
Sonically, it is identical to what I remember the pw 1950 sounding like.

Aesthetically, it is as good or better than the original, because the doctor sources identical parts, and can also further customize the cable based on your desires.
And what about 1950 vs 1960
Been trying to figure that out
But even Peter doesn't reply ...

May 29, 2022 at 2:31 AM Post #6,564 of 8,024
And what about 1950 vs 1960
Been trying to figure that out
But even Peter doesn't reply ...
50s and 60s are both Cardas wire repackaged. The 60s (Cardas Clear Light) has a very mild V shaped tuning, more sparkle and subbass, while the 50s (Cardas Clear) is more linear and with greater emphasis on details and punchy bass. The details and performance of the 50s is better, at least for my preference. The bass on my 50s was amazing on Traillii, while the technical performance was really great too. Can be almost fatiguing compared to the relatively relaxed 60s.

May 29, 2022 at 2:41 AM Post #6,565 of 8,024
50s and 60s are both Cardas wire repackaged. The 60s (Cardas Clear Light) has a very mild V shaped tuning, more sparkle and subbass, while the 50s (Cardas Clear) is more linear and with greater emphasis on details and punchy bass. The details and performance of the 50s is better, at least for my preference. The bass on my 50s was amazing on Traillii, while the technical performance was really great too. Can be almost fatiguing compared to the relatively relaxed 60s.
1950 can be almost fatiguing you say
So better grab a 1960
I have a Metropolis 4 wired 1950 arriving

May 29, 2022 at 2:57 AM Post #6,566 of 8,024
1950 can be almost fatiguing you say
So better grab a 1960
I have a Metropolis 4 wired 1950 arriving
Let me clarify: in extreme cases the 50s can be more fatiguing than the 60s, but the 50s is NOT a fatiguing cable at all. It's pure copper. For a pure copper sound it is very revealing and technical while also being very musical.

To be clear, I prefer the 50s over the 60s every time.

May 29, 2022 at 2:59 AM Post #6,567 of 8,024
Let me clarify: in extreme cases the 50s can be more fatiguing than the 60s, but the 50s is NOT a fatiguing cable at all. It's pure copper. For a pure copper sound it is very revealing and technical while also being very musical.

To be clear, I prefer the 50s over the 60s every time.
OK got it
My first PW Audio is arriving actually
And I bought a 50 so I'm fine
For my Traillii

May 29, 2022 at 3:03 AM Post #6,568 of 8,024
OK got it
My first PW Audio is arriving actually
And I bought a 50 so I'm fine
For my Traillii
I think you'll dig it on the Traillii. The stage is perhaps a tad less vast, but the bass and mids are stunning in that combo. I actually prefer the Traillii in this way, less stretched out and more realistic.

May 29, 2022 at 3:04 AM Post #6,569 of 8,024
I think you'll dig it on the Traillii. The stage is perhaps a tad less vast, but the bass and mids are stunning in that combo. I actually prefer the Traillii in this way, less stretched out and more realistic.
Awesome to hear
My Traillii actually arrived yesterday but on the road
So I'll have both somewhere next week
Now I see you own the Orpheus
How much of an upgrade is it over the Metropolis ?

Last edited:
May 29, 2022 at 3:10 AM Post #6,570 of 8,024
Awesome to hear
My Traillii actually arrived yesterday but on the road
So I'll have both somewhere next week
Now I see you own the Orpheus
How much of an upgrade is it over the Metropolis ?
:) Orphy is another level entirely. Nothing sounds like Orphy, especially with the Traillii it's absolute End Game.

For the price though, especially now that it's almost double what it used to be, I would recommend highly the First Times instead. It has similar vibe and DNA and sounds superb with the Traillii.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back