Oriolus Traillii Electrostatic Hybrid IEM discussion thread
Apr 10, 2022 at 9:41 AM Post #6,406 of 8,096
Oh yeah, never even crossed my mind that cables might benefit from burn in but I'm feeling it with the Orpheus. I liked it out of the box, but ca 6 hours in everything has improved. Detail retrieval, soundstage, the cloud of excessive warmth has gone down and the treble is getting more body too.

I'll also try the P6 with some warm up then.

Good to be back, man! Short (very off topic) story I think might help someone one day. I got tinnitus a year ago, first time in my life. Probably from stress plus that virus that's been going around (not gonna mention its name). A very shocking turn of events for me, audio is such an important part of my life. I stayed away from IEMs for a whole year -- especially trailli and c9 felt like loud gear. Doctor also said it's a good idea. Well, it turns out IEMs are actually pretty good for tinnitus. Something about internal sound perception, or just having positive experiences related to hearing, but it's actually gotten better after I started listening to IEMs again.

Phew. With the gear we've been getting this last year, I can't say how sad it made me to think I'm not going to experience it any more.
Orpheus does seem to change a little bit.

Apr 14, 2022 at 3:54 AM Post #6,407 of 8,096
I posted something in one of the Xenns Up's thread.
I would not consider it complementary to the Traillii.
While it has nice Dynamic Bass, it is not Legend X level. I would say the Xenns Up is a good set for its price for people who like bass.

I think it is being too hyped. Seeing listed S tier by some people makes me doubtful. It is not at the level of the UM Mest mkii.
When I A/B test the Xenns Up and the Bird, there is just no comparison when it comes to details, vocals, stage, mids. And somehow, I tend to prefer the Bass details of the bird without the "air slam" of the dynamic driver.
I still prefer the Legend X to be my "anti bird" when I feel like I just want bass.
I think the xenns up was ranked S tier for primarily hip hop and related music. That might be a fair statement for that genre.

Apr 15, 2022 at 3:43 PM Post #6,408 of 8,096
Dear all,i read this beautiful forum since many years,but i subscribed only yesterday,because i wrote mainly in another big usa forum for hifi and hiend.
I read all these 428 pages about Traillii and i will buy in may.
I have A&K 380 with his amp and Empire Wraith and i wanted to buy Traillii after reading all this pages and i contacted Andrew,very nice and kind.
My idea was to buy also another top iem and i bought UM Red Halo Fe arrived this morning and i will compare in may with Traillii.
I can say that RH is really fantastic and much better than Wraith in every parameter.
Happy to start with this fantastic and nice comunity
Sorry my bad English

Apr 15, 2022 at 3:53 PM Post #6,409 of 8,096
Some photos even if not UM thread,but next month will compare with Traillii

Attachments

• IMG_8997.jpg
    IMG_8997.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8998.jpg
    IMG_8998.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8999.jpg
    IMG_8999.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 0
Apr 15, 2022 at 9:44 PM Post #6,411 of 8,096
Dear all,i read this beautiful forum since many years,but i subscribed only yesterday,because i wrote mainly in another big usa forum for hifi and hiend.
I have A&K 380 with his amp and Empire Wraith and i wanted to buy Traillii after reading all this pages and i contacted Andrew,very nice and kind.
My idea was to buy also another top iem and i bought UM Red Halo Fe arrived this morning and i will compare in may with Traillii.
I can say that RH is really fantastic and much better than Wraith in every parameter.
Sorry my bad English
The RH and Traillii are very close. It will be interesting to get your perspective of both.

Apr 15, 2022 at 9:47 PM Post #6,412 of 8,096
Sorry my bad English
Nice. I am happy to hear another member buying Red Halo FE. I absolutely love it. It does mids like nothing else I have ever heard. Looking forward to hearing your comparisons.

Apr 16, 2022 at 12:46 AM Post #6,413 of 8,096
Nice. I am happy to hear another member buying Red Halo FE. I absolutely love it. It does mids like nothing else I have ever heard. Looking forward to hearing your comparisons.
Traillii with Orphy.

Hey, have you tried your RH with the First Times cable yet? That is how I heard it. The FE comes with the other cable. I am curious if you hear a difference.

Apr 16, 2022 at 2:59 AM Post #6,414 of 8,096
Traillii with Orphy.

Hey, have you tried your RH with the First Times cable yet? That is how I heard it. The FE comes with the other cable. I am curious if you hear a difference.
He uses FT with it Frankie. Improved bass and treble without adding midrange thickness I believe...

Apr 16, 2022 at 4:41 PM Post #6,416 of 8,096
Last edited:
Apr 16, 2022 at 4:47 PM Post #6,418 of 8,096
Nothing replaced it.

I’m just using the funds to buy a house in Texas. Gotta buy furniture, new car, etc.

I’m in Toronto and returning to nyc for a day tmrw.. so if you wanna buy it now lmk haha. My classified listing is up though.

If you buy it now we can work out a good deal!

Edit: and nothing can replace it hahahaha. It’s absolutely god tier

Apr 16, 2022 at 7:07 PM Post #6,419 of 8,096
Due to a recent upgrade to a Luxury Precision P6 Pro - from the continually excellent Andrew at MusicTeck, I think I've found my current end-game DAP to use with my Oriolus Traillii. Spent most of this week burning in - so only had a few hours to test today, but so far, so fabulous! I am hearing some serious musical nirvana with this combo. Hence I'm putting my previous DAP up for sale. If anyone is interested, I have a mint condition Astell & Kern SP1000M looking for a new home;

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/astell-kern-a-ultima-sp1000m.25793/

I've also listed a lovely Effect Audio Thor II 8-wire replacement cable as well;

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/effect-audio-thor-silver-ii-8-wire-braid-upgrade-cable.25794/

I will submit more impressions on the P6 Pro and Trailli combo in a week or so, when I've had more time with them. This is something else though! :dt880smile:

Attachments

• IMG_2496.jpg
    IMG_2496.jpg
    383 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back