Oriolus Traillii Electrostatic Hybrid IEM discussion thread
Jul 18, 2021 at 12:19 PM Post #3,766 of 8,024
How well does it represent kick drums and electronic drums? Is it deep and realistic or slightly undercooked?

There's nothing "undercooked" about Isa's bass to my ears. I'm listening to "One" by Metallica right now with Isa and can feel the thud of the kick drum in my chest. The sub-bass does't necessarily grab your attention due to a subtle mid-bass emphasis but when you focus on it everything is there and it's got extension & texture for days. That said this is not an IEM one goes for if they're specifically looking for bass to be the star of the show-- it's not. IMHO the midrange/vocal presence & naturalness and overall tonal balance is the star of the show with Isa-- with the bass ultimately serving a supporting role, but doing it phenomenally imho. I've also got an Oriolus Reborn on hand and have been totally floored by how good the bass is, particularly the sub-bass in this case.

Jul 18, 2021 at 5:07 PM Post #3,767 of 8,024
There's nothing "undercooked" about Isa's bass to my ears. I'm listening to "One" by Metallica right now with Isa and can feel the thud of the kick drum in my chest. The sub-bass does't necessarily grab your attention due to a subtle mid-bass emphasis but when you focus on it everything is there and it's got extension & texture for days. That said this is not an IEM one goes for if they're specifically looking for bass to be the star of the show-- it's not. IMHO the midrange/vocal presence & naturalness and overall tonal balance is the star of the show with Isa-- with the bass ultimately serving a supporting role, but doing it phenomenally imho. I've also got an Oriolus Reborn on hand and have been totally floored by how good the bass is, particularly the sub-bass in this case.
And how's the brightness? The latest front page Isa review suggests this isn't an IEM if you're treble/brightness sensitive? Sorry for all the questions in the Bird thread...

Jul 18, 2021 at 5:23 PM Post #3,768 of 8,024
And how's the brightness? The latest front page Isa review suggests this isn't an IEM if you're treble/brightness sensitive? Sorry for all the questions in the Bird thread...

Bright leaning but with a hint of warmth. No issues for me at the sibilants.

Jul 19, 2021 at 10:02 AM Post #3,769 of 8,024
Travel companion

20210719_091122~2.jpg

Jul 19, 2021 at 11:42 AM Post #3,774 of 8,024
and little do they know the cost alone for them is grounds for a baker act.
This?

The Baker Act is a Florida law that enables families and loved ones to provide emergency mental health services and temporary detention for people who are impaired because of their mental illness, and who are unable to determine their needs for treatment.

Jul 19, 2021 at 4:46 PM Post #3,777 of 8,024
This combination continues to impress me daily. Still continuing the burn in. 150 hours to go 😂
Love to see that on the snack tray on a plane.

@bluestorm1992 and me, both had the C9 Player and on the snack tray. In my case Thummim in my ears.

Jul 19, 2021 at 4:58 PM Post #3,780 of 8,024
go away ☹️ I did pre order the dx300 max though, I’m sure that’ll be amazing after how good the 220 max was.
curious on your feedback with Trailli though hardly people might follow you as only 500 pieces will make it even more scarce than DX220 Max.
Quite expensive too but what really is after getting the bird :wink:
Edit, I correct myself: it's quite affordable looking at the Sony price...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back