Oriolus Traillii Electrostatic Hybrid IEM discussion thread
Jul 16, 2021 at 8:05 PM Post #3,721 of 8,024
Regarding the "price vs perception" discussion...

I never would have purchased the Bird if they weren't so expensive. There is nothing terribly unique about them (vs. say, the Mest with newer tech) and I would not have paid much attention to them if it were not for the very high price. I think the only reason I even glanced at this thread was to see how reaction to them was playing out. It wasn't until I found nearly 100% praise for them that I even entertained the possibility of buying them.

Jul 16, 2021 at 9:52 PM Post #3,722 of 8,024
Regarding the "price vs perception" discussion...

I never would have purchased the Bird if they weren't so expensive. There is nothing terribly unique about them (vs. say, the Mest with newer tech) and I would not have paid much attention to them if it were not for the very high price. I think the only reason I even glanced at this thread was to see how reaction to them was playing out. It wasn't until I found nearly 100% praise for them that I even entertained the possibility of buying them.
Sometimes less is more. That’s what the Traillii is at the end of the day.

Jul 16, 2021 at 10:02 PM Post #3,723 of 8,024
I listened a bit to the Mangird Xenns Up cause I was curious of the graph.
I spent two hours, some good and meh, but damn, what a pleasure to have the Bird again in the ears after that.
I know people complain about the price, and the lack of DD, but I am smiling right now to listen to my bird, it flies so much higher than the others.
Cage the Elephant - In One Ear. crazy the difference with other IEM.
Sorry if i missed past posts but how is the Xenns Up?

Researching whether the Xenns Up, EJ07M or EJ09 would be a good complement to the Trailli.

Jul 16, 2021 at 10:21 PM Post #3,724 of 8,024
Brilliant idea. Please let us know what they say!

Gorgeous looking cable. What is that if I may ask?
Definitely will. A bit nervous considering it’s been a few days since they responded. I cannot get anyone to respond on the live chat either. Just makes me wonder what if something happened within my warranty period… Is this the customer service I’d expect for a repair?

Jul 16, 2021 at 10:23 PM Post #3,725 of 8,024
Definitely will. A bit nervous considering it’s been a few days since they responded. I cannot get anyone to respond on the live chat either. Just makes me wonder what if something happened within my warranty period… Is this the customer service I’d expect for a repair?
I mean I would personally go through Andrew for any Traillii warranty/inquiries. He’s got the relationship and makes things happen. Although yeah in your case, probably better chance to go directly to Oriolus for the unique but smart ask.

Jul 16, 2021 at 10:24 PM Post #3,726 of 8,024

They usually took around 48 hours to respond to my emails then after that if you catch them at the correct hours maybe 30 minutes.

Jul 16, 2021 at 11:02 PM Post #3,727 of 8,024
Sorry if i missed past posts but how is the Xenns Up?

Researching whether the Xenns Up, EJ07M or EJ09 would be a good complement to the Trailli.
I posted something in one of the Xenns Up's thread.
I would not consider it complementary to the Traillii.
While it has nice Dynamic Bass, it is not Legend X level. I would say the Xenns Up is a good set for its price for people who like bass.

I think it is being too hyped. Seeing listed S tier by some people makes me doubtful. It is not at the level of the UM Mest mkii.
When I A/B test the Xenns Up and the Bird, there is just no comparison when it comes to details, vocals, stage, mids. And somehow, I tend to prefer the Bass details of the bird without the "air slam" of the dynamic driver.
I still prefer the Legend X to be my "anti bird" when I feel like I just want bass.

Jul 16, 2021 at 11:06 PM Post #3,728 of 8,024
While it has nice Dynamic Bass, it is not Legend X level. I would say the Xenns Up is a good set for its price for people who like bass.

I think it is being too hyped. Seeing listed S tier by some people makes me doubtful. It is not at the level of the UM Mest mkii.
When I A/B test the Xenns Up and the Bird, there is just no comparison when it comes to details, vocals, stage, mids. And somehow, I tend to prefer the Bass details of the bird without the "air slam" of the dynamic driver.
I still prefer the Legend X to be my "anti bird" when I feel like I just want bass.
Thank you for this. I wondered about that set.

Jul 16, 2021 at 11:28 PM Post #3,729 of 8,024

Hence my signature lol

Jul 17, 2021 at 12:54 AM Post #3,730 of 8,024
Listening to Daniel Lanois through the DX300 w/AMP12-->C9-->Traillii and all I can say is WOW! The soundscape and sense of space is unbelievable. Check out this track with the Traillii and bask in those delicious organ tones creeping up all around you. His production on the entire album is top notch:

Jul 17, 2021 at 1:21 AM Post #3,731 of 8,024

You just saved me an order. Thanks for your honesty.

Jul 17, 2021 at 3:11 AM Post #3,732 of 8,024
Just go via Andrew. I doubt Oriolus are fielding any calls or emails directly.

I'm guessing I know who's shilling these... Same guy that prefers MEST to the Bird. 😉

Jul 17, 2021 at 6:35 AM Post #3,733 of 8,024

I'm guessing I know who's shilling these... Same guy that prefers MEST to the Bird. 😉
Oriolus are actually super friendly and reply to almost anything :D They might take their time but I found the service excellent

Jul 17, 2021 at 8:32 AM Post #3,734 of 8,024

I mean, each to their own I guess but... picking the MEST over the Trailli is plain ridiculous. There's just no comparison. And I say that as someone who owns (and likes) both.

Jul 17, 2021 at 9:27 AM Post #3,735 of 8,024
I mean, each to their own I guess but... picking the MEST over the Trailli is plain ridiculous. There's just no comparison. And I say that as someone who owns (and likes) both.
Who knows, he might be taking other things into account. That being said, he also rates the Elysian X very highly and that is not cheap and comes with a bundled cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back