Oriolus Isabellae DD IEM discussion thread
Jul 24, 2021 at 3:13 PM Post #91 of 278
One more question: has anyone compared the Theiaudio Monarch to the Isabellae? Just curious since they're in a similar price bracket and I've heard really good things about the Monarch. Thanks.
I own both, and are have different signatures. Monarch are good for EDM with higher levels on bass. Isabellae is better for acoustic and vocal music.

Jul 24, 2021 at 3:19 PM Post #92 of 278
Thanks for the feedback. How do they compare with regard to soundstage and separation/air? I do generally listen mostly to EDM-type music, but more ambient-style rather than 145 BPM constant bass pounding style. I'm guessing the Isa would suit me better, but I from what I've read the Monarch is no slouch in the resolution department. If I wanted a bass cannon with decent resolution I'd just save my $$ and buy a Campfire Honeydew. I'm much more interested in separation, clarity, and soundstage with controlled (but solid) bass and sub-bass.

Jul 24, 2021 at 3:53 PM Post #93 of 278
I just received the Azla standard and light which I ordered in both M and ML. They're bigger than expected so I'm currently using the M light as they're the most comfortable compared to the standard albeit still on the big side. MS might be too small. I'll wait to get the JVC Spiral Dots ++ who's M is 1mm bigger than the Azla's MS.

From a sonic standpoint, the Azla bring out the Isa's low-end further -- no question.
I prefer them over the SpinFit CP500 although the latter are the most confortable although they're a tad too long :rolling_eyes:.

Will the JVC Spiral Dots ++ be the tips for my Isa :sweat_smile: ?

In the meantime, here's my Isa tip rolling update. Ranking is max three stars.
  • Stock tips single flange -- Too shallow, M are too small, L are too big
    • Comfort *
  • Stock tips double flange -- Too deep, size is otherwise fine
    • Comfort **
  • SpinFit CP500 -- A tad too deep, M is the right size, but I think I prefer the sound I get out of the Azla
    • Comfort ***
  • Final E tips -- Comfy at first then no-go, increases the low-end
    • Comfort *
  • Azla standard M -- Too big and rigid, increases the low-end
    • Comfort *
  • Azla light M -- Too big but softer, increases the low-end
    • Comfort **
Legend: one star * is "no-go" / Two stars ** is "if I have to" / Three stars *** is "go"

[Low, dark, sarcastic voice] Who said this hobby wasn't fun.

This is when you look at you Airpods Pro who tell you "why do you even bother" with a smirk...
Well, I'll make it short...

While I got the Azla and JVC Spiral Dots ++ in the right sizes...

I just can't get a comfortable fit with the Isabellae... too bad, You Can't Aways Get What You Want... right?

Jul 25, 2021 at 5:16 AM Post #95 of 278
Jul 25, 2021 at 5:26 AM Post #96 of 278
Songs like this one are when Isabellae can show us without doubt is best.
Acoustic and vocal. You almost touch the music.

1627205133685.png

Jul 26, 2021 at 4:13 AM Post #98 of 278
I apologize if its been said somewhere, but how weak is the subbass? Do you still enjoy electronic bass heavy music on them, even if its not an ideal IEM for those who mostly listen to that kind of music?

Jul 26, 2021 at 4:42 AM Post #99 of 278
I still enjoy bass-heavy music on them as the midbass impact is quite pleasurable. Subbass is minimal though, so if you rely on rumble for your enjoyment, I would look elsewhere.

Jul 26, 2021 at 5:39 AM Post #101 of 278
Do you feel the thump in this track, for example (if you don't mind)?

Definitely feel it at the beginning with a soft sub 'thump' and some slight texture trailing off behind it. As the track becomes busier the texture trailling off behind it becomes less noticeable as does the thump, whether thats because the mixing, the driver, or my ears I'm not sure.

Edit: this is with CP145 tips. Tips can enhance the bass presence on the Isa.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2021 at 2:47 PM Post #105 of 278
Musiktek is all good if you live in the US but if you're in Europe/UK or elsewhere, then what?

I'm not even sure Hifi-Go has really any right now as they haven't shipped mine yet nearly a week after purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back