Oriolus Isabellae DD IEM discussion thread
Nov 29, 2023 at 4:50 AM Post #272 of 278
Just came back to this iem after a year or so with it unused, and have gotten perspective on it. For me it exemplifies retro and lo-fi, warmness, analog, nostalgia, introversion (due to intimate stage) and the color of amber. Good vibes, light and comfy (edit: to clarify, light and comfy in the ear, of course comfort will be due to your use of suited tips).

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2023 at 3:54 PM Post #273 of 278
Just came back to this iem after a year or so with it unused, and have gotten perspective on it. For me it exemplifies retro and lo-fi, warmness, analog, nostalgia, introversion (due to intimate stage) and the color of amber. Good vibes, light and comfy.

I am really enjoying it as well. They really nailed the signature they were going for, and I connect to the music so easily with it. Bass has been a pleasant surprise too. Nice rumble and texture, despite hanging back and allowing the mids to be the star of the show. And of course, I always enjoy treble that has this kind of gentle, delicate touch to it.

I tried it with the Penon Vocal cable, wondering if I was about to stumble onto some kind of magic, and actually Isabellae became a bit thinned out, so I took it off. Sure, it isn't the most technical IEM, but it's technical enough as to not be a hindrance, and successfully propel this awesome tuning.

Jan 7, 2024 at 8:04 PM Post #275 of 278
Anyone wishing to part ways with theirs?
Will send you a PM... I'm probably not using mine as much as I thought I would due to having nicer IEM's to play with.

Jan 8, 2024 at 12:42 AM Post #276 of 278
So I have an Isabellae coming to me but I have no devices that take 4.4 headphone jack.

Should I go the route of an adapter? They're all about $30 USD each, which is pretty high for adapter

Or skip it entirely and get a cable? If so, what goes well with the Isabellae?

Jan 8, 2024 at 1:12 AM Post #277 of 278
I would invest the money in a DAP with 4.4 if IEMs are what you predominantly listen to. Otherwise an adapter. The cable on the isabellae has lovely ergonomics and pairs well.

Jan 8, 2024 at 12:39 PM Post #278 of 278
I did a bit of reading and many here has said the stock cable has been great.

Thanks for the reply, Tanalasta, I have ordered an adapter for cheap on AliExpress ($10 USD).

DAPs are currently outta reach for me at the moment, and also since I do most of my listening at my work desk, which includes a laptop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back