Oriolus Isabellae DD IEM discussion thread
Feb 22, 2022 at 6:23 AM Post #241 of 278
Feb 22, 2022 at 7:46 AM Post #242 of 278
Thank you! I specifically wanted to upgrade my FH7 with the Dark Sky, how does it compete with the Mext?

I think it depends a lot on the music you listen to. So far, MEXT definitely an all-rounder but excels with electronic music, really fantastic bass in both mid and sub. I prefer Dark Sky with non electronic music in general, better timbre. MEXT leans warmer too and for the most part, my preferred IEM of the two based on my electronic music preferences when listening to IEMs. Dark Sky for me leans a bit more analytical, MEXT leans more musical.

Feb 22, 2022 at 12:45 PM Post #243 of 278
I think it depends a lot on the music you listen to. So far, MEXT definitely an all-rounder but excels with electronic music, really fantastic bass in both mid and sub. I prefer Dark Sky with non electronic music in general, better timbre. MEXT leans warmer too and for the most part, my preferred IEM of the two based on my electronic music preferences when listening to IEMs. Dark Sky for me leans a bit more analytical, MEXT leans more musical.
cool, very interesting. So you think Dark Sky really shines for Jazz, instrumental and classical music? Even better than IE900 in these type?

Feb 22, 2022 at 4:12 PM Post #244 of 278
cool, very interesting. So you think Dark Sky really shines for Jazz, instrumental and classical music? Even better than IE900 in these type?

Yes it would be my personal preference for those genres. IE900 of course stunning, but it sounds more 'digital' to my ears, like MEXT, I'm more inclined to listen to electronic music with IE900. I love Dark Sky in particular for chilled jazz and female vocals.

Feb 24, 2022 at 3:28 PM Post #245 of 278
Hello, I’m new to the IEM game, I’ve been always listening with full headphones and am looking for something portable to use with a Fiio m11 (not yet ordered , but it should be my choice). I listen to classical and have read some good reviews of the Isabellae with acoustic music. What do you think? could the isabellae be a good choice? Anything else I should consider under $500, or even $800 for something really, really good? Thank you!

Feb 24, 2022 at 3:59 PM Post #246 of 278
Hello, I’m new to the IEM game, I’ve been always listening with full headphones and am looking for something portable to use with a Fiio m11 (not yet ordered , but it should be my choice). I listen to classical and have read some good reviews of the Isabellae with acoustic music. What do you think? could the isabellae be a good choice? Anything else I should consider under $500, or even $800 for something really, really good? Thank you!
Isa is great for acoustic music, for the price.
Biggest downside I'd see for classical would be the soundstage. Isa has a fairly intimate presentation that makes me reach for something bigger for large orchestral stuff. Very good for solo work, duo/trio/quartet, etc. The bigger the music gets, the less appropriate Isabellae feels to me.

Feb 24, 2022 at 4:08 PM Post #247 of 278
I think that hardly on that price range and even higher, you can find something more performing than Isabellae

Mar 2, 2022 at 2:41 PM Post #248 of 278
I think so. Isabellae is not a greatly detailed earphone to the exent Volt surely is. "Isa" has a beautiful all-round DD sound signature centered on mids and sub bass. For me it is really appealing, smooth and balanced with vocals and acoustic music. May be not the best for EDM and electronic instruments genres, but I admit I am not an expert of such.
I ended up buying them, I really like how voices and acoustic instruments sound on these

Attachments

• IMG20220302134013.jpg
    IMG20220302134013.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 0
Mar 18, 2022 at 8:05 PM Post #249 of 278
Just got a pair and I really like them but I'm having trouble finding the right tips. Some bring the vocals forward and they sound great but others bring the instruments forward and muffle the vocals. There doesn't seem to be a middle ground. Also, any cable recommendations? I can't use the stock one because it's 4.4, which is honestly the dumbest stock configuration I've ever seen considering it's not modular and they included no adapters.

Apr 2, 2022 at 11:50 AM Post #252 of 278
How do these compare to Oracle?

Oracle is a bad fit for my ears so looking for a balanced, vocal/instrumental focused IEM with good enough details.

Just not sure if they're worth the blind...
I haven't heard the Oracle (more's the pity) but they graph fairly similarly (the Oracle has a bit more subbass and a bit less of the upper bass/lower mids warmth of the Isa).

graph.png

I can attest that the Isa is indeed "a balanced, vocal/instrumental focused IEM with good enough details" without any doubt.

May 23, 2022 at 6:10 PM Post #254 of 278
Just got myself a pair of these beauties today- been a long time out of the IEM game after years with my old Shure 535s (which I broke) and been rocking the wonderful ety ers2s ever since. Coming from the etys getting a good seal with these I can see is gonna be a challenge. I'm confused by which size azla crystals I should get that I've seen recommended here. On amazon all I can see is the S,M,L which I assume just refers to the overall size of the ear tip dome. And aside from the azlas, are there any other tips can fit such a wide bore yet extend deeper in to ear canal like the triple flange I have on my etys?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back