Oriolus Isabellae DD IEM discussion thread
Dec 17, 2021 at 3:24 PM Post #226 of 278
I can't speak for sound differences as I really haven't listened much over the last couple of weeks but the Satin Audio Athena certainly is a beautiful looking cable.

P1010784.jpg

Dec 18, 2021 at 2:06 AM Post #227 of 278
I like the stock cable OK enough. Isa has a little treble grain in the vocals that folks tried removing by cable swapping to decent effect, but the grain is pretty much gone using an r-2r dac. I am still looking for a decent replacement that doesn't alter the tonality of Isa.

Penon Totem and Satin Athena seem to be highly req'd. Been waiting 3 months for an Athena, so idk if this is great or not. Every cable in my signature except the 1960s 4-wire was not to my liking and messed with the overall vibe of Isa for me.

There is definitely space for some improvement, I just have not experienced it yet, and I am happy enough with the stock that if I can't find a replacement, oh well, it is still a great IEM.
In fact the PW Audio Monile 1960s seems to fit very well on Isa.

Dec 24, 2021 at 3:13 PM Post #231 of 278
Hi, I've been eyeing this set for a while since I'd like to try a single DD iem. At the moment I'm using Penon Volt with Shanling M6 21, would these be comolementary?
My main music recently is K-Pop/J-Pop/Emo from the 90s.

Jan 4, 2022 at 3:47 PM Post #234 of 278
Not here. Stock seems to keep winning out for me.
Athena was good but seemed to blunt the high’s a little, cleaning up any grain but reducing clarity.
I heard Penon Totem was good, but we are now getting up there in cost more expensive than the iem.

I have surrendered to the stock. Isa on r-2r doesn't really require a cable swap anyway.

Top 3:
Stock
1960s 4w
Athena

Jan 4, 2022 at 3:52 PM Post #235 of 278
Not here. Stock seems to keep winning out for me.
Athena was good but seemed to blunt the high’s a little, cleaning up any grain but reducing clarity.
I heard Penon Totem was good, but we are now getting up there in cost more expensive than the iem.

I have surrendered to the stock. Isa on r-2r doesn't really require a cable swap anyway.

Top 3:
Stock
1960s 4w
Athena
Yes. I find its original cable very good. This is why I was wondering IF there was an even better cable than its original. Many say Athena ....... but I don't know him. For this I was asking ....:wink:

Jan 9, 2022 at 6:03 PM Post #237 of 278
Feb 21, 2022 at 10:31 PM Post #238 of 278
I can't speak for sound differences as I really haven't listened much over the last couple of weeks but the Satin Audio Athena certainly is a beautiful looking cable.

P1010784.jpg
Looking at your IEM list we seem to have similar taste in sets, I was considering buying both the Dark Sky and the Isabellae but is it really worth having both?

Feb 22, 2022 at 3:22 AM Post #239 of 278
Hi, I've been eyeing this set for a while since I'd like to try a single DD iem. At the moment I'm using Penon Volt with Shanling M6 21, would these be comolementary? (...)

I think so. Isabellae is not a greatly detailed earphone to the exent Volt surely is. "Isa" has a beautiful all-round DD sound signature centered on mids and mid-bass. For me it is really appealing, smooth and balanced with vocals and acoustic music. May be not the best for EDM and electronic instruments genres, but I admit I am not an expert of such.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2022 at 5:58 AM Post #240 of 278
Looking at your IEM list we seem to have similar taste in sets, I was considering buying both the Dark Sky and the Isabellae but is it really worth having both?

They share excellent timbre but Dark Sky has a much bigger stage, with better layering and imaging - deeper bass too. Isa is more intimate and relaxed in my experience.

I did a brief comparison in my Dark Sky review but let me know if anything specific to check.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/faudio-dark-sky.25484/reviews#review-27602

Users who are viewing this thread

Back