Oriolus Isabellae DD IEM discussion thread
Sep 16, 2021 at 10:30 PM Post #196 of 278
Maybe heresy to some, but common sense to others.
Has anyone heard and or compared the Isabellae to the Tanchjim Oxygen?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210916-200844_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20210916-200844_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    426.8 KB · Views: 0
Sep 17, 2021 at 9:59 AM Post #197 of 278
Is it just me, or is installing tips on Isa a pure B--ch? Installed Azla Shorts this morning.

Sep 17, 2021 at 3:10 PM Post #200 of 278
Yes, super hard, harder even than on KEF M200 which have larger nozzles.

Sep 17, 2021 at 10:15 PM Post #202 of 278
Is it just me, or is installing tips on Isa a pure B--ch? Installed Azla Shorts this morning.
Yes, it is. But @Scuba Devils showed me the technique to get the Azla Crystals onto the Isa and it is now pure bliss. I had been tip rolling between the Azla black and white long versions. But, the Crystals are a match made in heavy. It takes some effort and great technique, but once you get it, you can do anything.

Sep 17, 2021 at 10:21 PM Post #203 of 278
Yes, it is. But @Scuba Devils showed me the technique to get the Azla Crystals onto the Isa and it is now pure bliss. I had been tip rolling between the Azla black and white long versions. But, the Crystals are a match made in heavy. It takes some effort and great technique, but once you get it, you can do anything.
The Crystals are on my Isa at the moment, don't think I'm changing the tips for a while. Lol.

Sep 17, 2021 at 10:43 PM Post #204 of 278
After 3 days, I finally have what I believe is the final pairings for my Oriolus Isabellae.

DX300 with Amp 12 > PW Audio no 5. 8-wire > Isabellae with Azla Crystal tips.

This is a fantastic sound. Perfect instrumental timbre. Most natural sound for making violins cry. Great for any string instruments including acoustic guitar, violin, ukulele. Only one driver type so perfect coherence and even note weight.

I love the tuning even though my personal preference would be for more sub bass and slightly recessed mid bass and slightly less treble energy.

Attachments

• Isabellae.jpg
    Isabellae.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 18, 2021 at 8:21 AM Post #205 of 278
After 3 days, I finally have what I believe is the final pairings for my Oriolus Isabellae.

DX300 with Amp 12 > PW Audio no 5. 8-wire > Isabellae with Azla Crystal tips.

This is a fantastic sound. Perfect instrumental timbre. Most natural sound for making violins cry. Great for any string instruments including acoustic guitar, violin, ukulele. Only one driver type so perfect coherence and even note weight.

I love the tuning even though my personal preference would be for more sub bass and slightly recessed mid bass and slightly less treble energy.
Per chance, do you have a Satin Athena or an Eletech Iliad cable? If so, I think you would be very happy with one of them on Isa.

Oct 29, 2021 at 7:14 PM Post #206 of 278
If anyone has tired of their Isabellae I would be willing to adopt them ...😅

Oct 29, 2021 at 7:44 PM Post #207 of 278
Per chance, do you have a Satin Athena or an Eletech Iliad cable? If so, I think you would be very happy with one of them on Isa.
Just saw this post. Yes, I have an Eletech Iliad. But no way am I pairing an $1800 cable with $600 IEM. A $600 IEM needs a $200 cable.

Oct 29, 2021 at 9:31 PM Post #208 of 278
The Isabellae is tuned magnificently with the stock cable. It’d be interesting whether they could be improved on with a cable upgrade.

And how much difference it makes.

Don’t see too many parting with it. It’s such good value

Nov 2, 2021 at 2:09 PM Post #210 of 278
Got my set coming at some stage this week and really looking forward to trying them. UM Mest + CalyxM have been my go to for a while, but looking forward to seeing how the Isabellae matches up with the Calyx itself, looking forward to seeing how it performs against the IEM's with the crazy amounts of BA's and EST's etc :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back