Oriolus Hybrid IEM
May 9, 2018 at 6:58 PM Post #1,111 of 1,871
The midrange is of the Oriolus is simple impressive. Probably best I've heard in ani iem / headphone.

Almost of as good as the fitear mh334 (king of midrange) which is saying something.

May 10, 2018 at 11:28 PM Post #1,112 of 1,871
Used to have the Opus#1 and Opus#1 Metal edition, not the Opus#1s.

Not sure if they have changed their tuning, but when I had it with my JH Layla, it is analytical but very cold sounding. Not the “musical” type that I prefer in my DAP.

You may like it for the music you like. I am more into vocals.

I'm looking to get an Opus#1s, anyone had experience with that particular pairing?

May 14, 2018 at 7:16 PM Post #1,113 of 1,871
Wow, this PW Audio No.5 cable is really something. Much more pliable and beautiful build quality. Sound is smoother and really adds a pleasant texture to the Oriolus' already amazing mids and bass, if that makes sense lol. And best of all, NO MORE ADAPTER!

Here's a comparison pic with the 3rd party cable the previous owner included. You can easily see the difference in thickness.
32F578E2-60BC-47F7-AA6D-1349F275CBA4.jpeg

Also, finally gave up on the finding the filter stuck inside the right monitor. It lights up really well from the pin connector side, but it's still hard to make out the internals completely. Even bought a pocket magnifier to see down the nozzles and longer brushes to push it out from another side, but never found where it went...

May 29, 2018 at 9:30 AM Post #1,118 of 1,871
I got the Symbio tips in and they're pretty interesting. The fit is not as good as the comply for me though due to the short nozzle.

The only issue is I'm getting some serious driver flex on the left monitor with these tips. Might stick with the comply.

May 29, 2018 at 10:04 AM Post #1,119 of 1,871
I felt that comply does not affect the sound of the Oriolus much and the most comfortable with the small size tips for me (not the medium size one though). Tried the Symbio too but not as comfortable.

I got the Symbio tips in and they're pretty interesting. The fit is not as good as the comply for me though due to the short nozzle.

The only issue is I'm getting some serious driver flex on the left monitor with these tips. Might stick with the comply.

May 29, 2018 at 10:50 AM Post #1,120 of 1,871
I felt that comply does not affect the sound of the Oriolus much and the most comfortable with the small size tips for me (not the medium size one though). Tried the Symbio too but not as comfortable.

Are you using the comply 500 comfort series? I found the size tight, but snug, for the nozzle and was wondering if the 600 would be more ideal.

May 29, 2018 at 7:20 PM Post #1,121 of 1,871
Yes, using the Comply 500 series. It is tight and will not drop off easily (which is the issue I have with some tips that stays in my ears when I pull out the IEM).

I found the small size the best which is thinner and could insert slightly deeper but with no discomfort and fatigue.

Weird though as I find the acoustune eartip works better with Hyla, but could not get the same comfort with Oriolus Mk2.

Are you using the comply 500 comfort series? I found the size tight, but snug, for the nozzle and was wondering if the 600 would be more ideal.

May 30, 2018 at 6:18 PM Post #1,122 of 1,871
Anyone tried a silver cable with the Oriolus? I'm starting to feel the sound is a little too thick with the PW Audio No.5 cable. Went back to the other cable I had and found the mids hazy and the connector pins backwards...

Might still try the Andromeda to compare, since it's supposed to have more upper treble. Plus a silver cable would be half its price used, unless the Ares II meets my needs (although I have the plus version on the way, not the regular).

May 30, 2018 at 8:59 PM Post #1,123 of 1,871
Anyone tried a silver cable with the Oriolus? I'm starting to feel the sound is a little too thick with the PW Audio No.5 cable. Went back to the other cable I had and found the mids hazy and the connector pins backwards...

Might still try the Andromeda to compare, since it's supposed to have more upper treble. Plus a silver cable would be half its price used, unless the Ares II meets my needs (although I have the plus version on the way, not the regular).

HI, I'm using a silver cable for Oriolus V2 with DP100 DAP. I found its a good match. Since my DP100 and the Oriolus already emphasis on the mids so I don't need to use the No. 5 to strengthen the mids again, but give me more treble and wider sound stage. I like it so far and it works well for me. What about you? what cable you use?

May 30, 2018 at 9:14 PM Post #1,124 of 1,871
HI, I'm using a silver cable for Oriolus V2 with DP100 DAP. I found its a good match. Since my DP100 and the Oriolus already emphasis on the mids so I don't need to use the No. 5 to strengthen the mids again, but give me more treble and wider sound stage. I like it so far and it works well for me. What about you? what cable you use?

PW Audio No.5 cable and the other some budget cable. I actually ended up switching back to the Symbio ear tips and found that it was a little sharper and leaner than the Comply. Will stock with those for now.

Did your silver cable add more air, or just add more treble while subtracting bass?

I still might go the Silver cable route to bring it closer to a more neutral warmth. Saw that Music Sanctuary finally put up pictures of PW Audio's other cables, including his silver one. Will see after I get the Ares II+ to decide though.

May 30, 2018 at 9:24 PM Post #1,125 of 1,871
PW Audio No.5 cable and the other some budget cable. I actually ended up switching back to the Symbio ear tips and found that it was a little sharper and leaner than the Comply. Will stock with those for now.

Did your silver cable add more air, or just add more treble while subtracting bass?

I still might go the Silver cable route to bring it closer to a more neutral warmth. Saw that Music Sanctuary finally put up pictures of PW Audio's other cables, including his silver one. Will see after I get the Ares II+ to decide though.

My Silver cable does give me some more air and the Bass is not much less either. I heard Ares II+ is a good cable. Once you receive it, please do a comparison to your No.5 and let me know the difference. I also have a DX200 and DUNU DK 3001 and they are also good match. I like the Oriolus 2 with the DP100 better cause its more smooth and more dynamic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back