Oriolus Hybrid IEM
May 7, 2018 at 8:49 AM Post #1,097 of 1,871
Mine came with no brand type (a few of their own black silicon types and grey foam types) and a few Spiral Dots.

If you like their foam tips, you will like Comply tips. If you like their silicon tips, you have more choices then which are much better: Symbio, Spiraldots, Acoustune, Spinfits, etc.

Thus, if you lost your standard tips, you will be fine.

anyone know what the default eartips are? I seem to have lost mine.

May 7, 2018 at 9:35 AM Post #1,098 of 1,871
...andromeda is pretty close to flc8s on gold grey red, with slightly more bass (especially subbass) and better technicalities. didnt have long time to audition both though, so cant give a better comparison
That was my favorite combination on the FLC8S. If they are a better version of that, I may just go with those.

May 7, 2018 at 11:35 AM Post #1,100 of 1,871
I tried some silicon ones such as the spinfit.

The seal was so good that there was so much driver flex that I could not stand it. Even chewing my food with my Oriolus on gave driver flex noises. Drove me nuts.

Small things like moving my head/jaw results in popping noises.

May 7, 2018 at 12:23 PM Post #1,102 of 1,871
Can someone post a picture of their bass port?

I was cleaning the Oriolus nozzle and port of dust, and noticed there was some cloth/filter inside. I think I pushed it out of place. I think it sounds different now, but I can't tell if that's just me being paranoid... I may need tweezers to pull it out and place it back in correctly...

B83BDC0C-1512-4A1B-BC0A-D26E6E60436A.jpeg
B77AFA95-3C59-4EB6-9021-9EE3B02EE8EC.jpeg

Edit: Nevermind... I managed to take the filter out on the left side and place it back in (was a huge pain), but I completely lost the right filter inside the IEM...

Surprisingly, it sounds the exact same (I was being paranoid before), so I don't think it affected the sound quality at all. I still regret cleaning the ports though...

Last edited:
May 7, 2018 at 10:38 PM Post #1,103 of 1,871
Maybe could bring back to your local distributor to check if they could help to remove the right filter?

Guess it is just meant to block dirt or water from entering yet allowing air to pass for the bass to work, so should not have any impact on sound.

I managed to take the filter out on the left side and place it back in (was a huge pain), but I completely lost the right filter inside the IEM...

Surprisingly, it sounds the exact same (I was being paranoid before), so I don't think it affected the sound quality at all. I still regret cleaning the ports though...

May 8, 2018 at 8:56 AM Post #1,105 of 1,871
Maybe could bring back to your local distributor to check if they could help to remove the right filter?

Guess it is just meant to block dirt or water from entering yet allowing air to pass for the bass to work, so should not have any impact on sound.
Bought these used unfortunately. I emailed the Oriolus team, and they told me not to worry about it.

I'm thinking about buying some thin wire, to see if I can fish it out, but I'd rather not damage the inside... If only you can take this thing apart.

do you have more photos, i'm curious to see what the insides look like.

Not really. You can't see much deeper in the hole. And it's a really small hole...

May 8, 2018 at 1:36 PM Post #1,106 of 1,871
Man. There's something really special with the v2: regardless whatever dap I'm using, these really play well with many daps in collection.

Opus#1 brings out the soundstage.
Oriolus Dp100 dap seduces you with its mids.
Shanling M3 being more analytic brings out better timbre, combining with the smooth sound of the V2.

Anyone else use any "analytical" daps with these?

May 8, 2018 at 7:51 PM Post #1,107 of 1,871
Using X7II and Calyx M.

Prefers the match with Calyx M, though it matches even better with Hyla.

Man. There's something really special with the v2: regardless whatever dap I'm using, these really play well with many daps in collection.

Shanling M3 being more analytic brings out better timbre, combining with the smooth sound of the V2.

May 8, 2018 at 8:57 PM Post #1,108 of 1,871

Opus #2 here.. the pairing is mind blowing due to analytical and musical at the same time...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back