Oriolus Hybrid IEM
Dec 11, 2017 at 4:02 AM Post #903 of 1,871
what are the specs / price ? I can't see the page at work

Dec 11, 2017 at 6:54 AM Post #911 of 1,871
Ah, sorry. I thought the previous model has 20-20 kHz range. If they're the same, then maybe the difference is more subtle, such as the removal/reduction of driver popping noise when inserting into ear, improvement for IEM pin slot, or maybe some change in the internals. Aesthetically, they look the same though.

Dec 19, 2017 at 11:42 AM Post #914 of 1,871
Hi new here :)...looking forward to my pair of m2's that will be arriving this week, comming from jupiters, I am hoping for a slightly less busy sound. I have read the thread and the general concess is that the mk2's might be a jack of all trades a master of none but... atleast he turns up! Kinda sound . Lots of people have compared them to more expensive totl iems' from campfire, fitear,1964,UM and other top shelf brands . should be good :)

Dec 20, 2017 at 12:01 PM Post #915 of 1,871
they cameth today with the pw5 .. so fast

my impressions thus far.

First off , nothing wow am lost to what I am supposed to be hearing?,

Secondly.... I am happy with the treble as it sounds like the Jupiter just tamed down perfectly :) (treble would be the redeeming factor if all else fails post brain burn in)
I am thinking the mids are 846esque
I am thinking this bass sounds "cusioned" and slowwwwww

Thirdly.... After coming back to them for a more decent listen am convinced that these are not just the try hard jack of all trades but more so the masters of balance and musicality, comparing them to earlier iem memories and current Jupiter's
I am finding the sound stage to be as not "stage" but more of a wall or an old school deep sea diving helmet, filled with music instead of air -a far cry from the croquet field of the Jupiter's and blank a4 page of the 846 and umpro50 , I believe this to be a result of a tall bulbous mid section, I could be wrong but this is where i am getting sucked into the most

Currently.... If there was an iem I have owned that as far away from being analytical and more towards enjoyable, this would be it.. previous impressions are culled down too about the top 1 percent.

Future ... prolly some pics and more self forfilled gushing, will be off to enjoy now...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back