Oriolus Hybrid IEM
Nov 17, 2017 at 3:35 AM Post #871 of 1,871
Do you guys know any brand that can reshell the Oriolus to make it a CIEM?
Any particular reason? Besides the driver flex I find the original shells to be great-fitting. I'd be afraid reshelling will alter the sound.

Nov 17, 2017 at 9:39 PM Post #872 of 1,871
Nov 18, 2017 at 6:52 AM Post #874 of 1,871
Mine just cracked on the left piece while I'm inserting a different cable. So I thought I could send it somewhere to make them custom.
Guy. I feel for you. Its like your top pick iem! Hopefully it works out on your end

Nov 20, 2017 at 5:33 AM Post #879 of 1,871
Mine just cracked on the left piece while I'm inserting a different cable. So I thought I could send it somewhere to make them custom.
Oh man! Didn't expect that answer. Good luck in reshelling. The Oriolus is truly a keeper.

Dec 4, 2017 at 6:47 AM Post #880 of 1,871
So I got my MK2 five days ago. Burning in, tip rolling and fighting with a stock cable. I found out that the only tips that works for me Ina long term are foams. I have a bunch of different tips, silicones and foams and the best results I get is with black, unknown foam tips shown on pics. Could You guys help me to spot what exactly foams are these? My guess is crystal tips but Im not sure. They are soft and have a little sticky outer surface.

On another note, a cable provided with a Chinese revision is really bad ergonomically. If they didn't provide a shirt clip, I couldn't really use it.

Soundwise these are superb. Waiting for my balanced FAW hybrid for Sony WM1A.

Thanks!

20171129_120940.jpg

20171204_123440.jpg

20171204_123504.jpg

20171204_124547.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2017 at 6:57 AM Post #881 of 1,871
Penon Audio. 99c foams does the job for me. I also suggest a treasure hunt for Monster Turbine triple flanges. Subbass hits HARD and deep lol. Plus added clean separation.

These foams though add live coherent feel to the sound though

Dec 4, 2017 at 7:10 AM Post #882 of 1,871
Penon Audio. 99c foams does the job for me. I also suggest a treasure hunt for Monster Turbine triple flanges. Subbass hits HARD and deep lol. Plus added clean separation.

These foams though add live coherent feel to the sound though

Just checked them and I think these may be the ones I'm looking for :)

There are some different bore sizes, 4,5 or 4,9mm?

Dec 5, 2017 at 2:24 AM Post #884 of 1,871
Just checked them and I think these may be the ones I'm looking for :)

There are some different bore sizes, 4,5 or 4,9mm?

Might be worth giving the MandrinEs Symbio W a go if you haven't already, you get the best of both silicone/foam worlds and they work a treat. They've been a revelation with the MK2s for me.

Dec 5, 2017 at 4:26 AM Post #885 of 1,871
Might be worth giving the MandrinEs Symbio W a go if you haven't already, you get the best of both silicone/foam worlds and they work a treat. They've been a revelation with the MK2s for me.

I have them and tried already. Short nozzle and large shells makes every silicone tips I have tried unusable in my shallow conchas. They make some kind of resonance chamber. And I'm getting all movement, cable microphonics and even my spine cracks like amped :) Symbios aren't any better. Foam tips works great for me, but almost all of them degrades SQ. Ordered Crystal Tips and those from Penon. I'm pretty sure new FAW cable will improve ergonomics and decrease microphonics.

Thanks for your tip :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back