Oregon meet location!
Jun 10, 2004 at 8:08 AM Post #17 of 86
hah! look at this. An Oregon meet? Again? Dare I slip back into the Audio world from which I escaped so long ago?

Yes, I think I dare!
600smile.gif

Budgie, it'd be great to meet up and compare notes again. I'll try and keep myself updated on what you guys are planning to do. Me, I'm in Eugene so that certainly works well for me. It sounds like people want to meet at Bradford's; if you'd like, I could probably visit the shop and ask if it'd be possible to do that. I'll be living in a studio apartment by July and would be happy to offer it as a meeting spot as well, if there's enough space.

By the way Brian, did you hear about how The Tweeter Brothers finally closed down for good? I've been trying to get in touch with them to see if they have any bookshelf speakers left over, but I think I'm too late. It's a real shame.

Jun 10, 2004 at 10:58 PM Post #18 of 86
Actually, I would like it if you went to Bradfords. I'm just not good at these sort of things and I don't really have a whole lot of time to do it with the hours that I'm working. Let me know if you'd be up for doing it instead. I have today and tomorrow off so I'm hoping you can get back to me by at least tomorrow so if you're not up for it I can make the trip down there.

Jun 11, 2004 at 4:45 AM Post #21 of 86
If its in Portland, I'd probably drive down from Seattle. Its what, 3 hours? I just moved here from Austin, TX.

I don't have much unique to contribute unless you want to hear a Sonica and Revolution head-to-head.

Jun 12, 2004 at 3:35 PM Post #22 of 86
It's good to hear from you, Pablo! I will ask Ken, next time I talk to him, if he has any bookshelf speakers avaliable.

Would you let Kevin know we are going to have a meet, also?

Patrick, two to three hours (depending on what part of Seattle your in
biggrin.gif
) Eugene is another 2 hours from Portland. (I am thinking a Portland meet will likely happen this summer also, if you can't get to Eugene.)

Jun 13, 2004 at 12:26 AM Post #23 of 86
I would host it here at my house, but my parents might not like a bunch of old men (I'm 18) showing up with a bunch of headphones and stuff
smily_headphones1.gif

And I'm wondering... this is only for people with like really nice stuff, right? Cause I would love to test drive a bunch of really expensive headphones, but I could only offer a pair of ath a500's
frown.gif

Jun 13, 2004 at 4:22 PM Post #24 of 86
It's for anybody who loves music and hi fi. The only thing you have to bring is some music you love. Bring a friend if you want.
All we expect is decent behavior and to treat other peoples stuff with respect.

cool.gif

Jun 14, 2004 at 6:20 PM Post #25 of 86
Cardas is located in Bandon so it's not a very good place to meet... but if there is anything we can do to help with the Oregon meeting please let me know.

Brian Von Bork
Cardas Audio

Jun 14, 2004 at 7:37 PM Post #26 of 86
When we pick a date, please don't choose July 16, 17, or 18th. I REALLY want to be there, but have an important event for my kids that weekend (their first get together with other adopted children from Brazil!) If I get to come to the meet, I can bring the gear in my signature, plus my new JVC EX-A1 mini system with the wooden speaker cones and several Chesky CDs.

Great to see Cardas joining in! I never got the chance to contact you guys about this possible meet. Any chance we might be able to borrow your blockhead and a pair of balanced replacement cables to boot? Any thing that you would be willing to lend would be awsome.... I could come down from Coos Bay before the meet to pick up, then return the following workday.
600smile.gif

Obrigado!
Mahkook

Jun 15, 2004 at 6:47 AM Post #27 of 86
I stopped by Bradford Hi-Fi on Friday but I did a terrible job promoting our meet! Still, the owner said that he might be interested so I'm going to go talk with him again once we have some more info. I guess we should try to figure out the date now and make sure that it works for him; I think he wants to make sure that this doesn't interfere with his business hours.

Jun 19, 2004 at 4:56 AM Post #28 of 86
I'm down with any date really, but at this point it may be a good idea to just schedule it for early August. No one is going to want to get together around July 4th, someone has already said no to the 16-18. I say first weekend of August, I believe that's the 7th and 8th. What do you guys think?

Jun 19, 2004 at 6:48 PM Post #30 of 86
I'll be taking a class that week, but if it's the weekend then it won't matter. I say sure!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back