Oregon meet location!
Jul 24, 2004 at 8:18 AM Post #46 of 86
I'm definitely all for an Oregon meet, however I don't think we'll be able to get one together by the agreed upon date. The person that was talking to Bradford's hasn't been around so we really don't have a location and the scheduled date is like 2 weeks away. Personally I think if we are going to do this thing we'll need to postpone until we can find a location.

Sep 17, 2004 at 4:57 AM Post #47 of 86
So this is how it ends.... not with a bang, but a wimper.....

frown.gif

Nov 2, 2004 at 1:47 AM Post #48 of 86
Anybody up for a winter meet somewhere in Oregon? I'm in Corvallis (well right now I'm halfway across the country - but from mid december to mid january I'm in C-town. By that time I should have some sort of cool stuff I could bring:

a custom made (by me) USB DAC
a custom made (by me) headphone amp - probabaly a mint - not sure yet
A500
Shure E2C
40-50GB of mostly indie MP3s which I keep in an external usb 2.0 hard drive
laptop (if needed)

I could host it at my house - it's on the outskirts of Corvallis - plenty of space, though it is kinda in the boonies
biggrin.gif

edit: though I'd be up for going to P-town, Eugene, Salem, or wherever else...

Nov 2, 2004 at 1:56 AM Post #49 of 86
If nothing else, we could have a corvallis only mini-meet! I'm at OSU, in the dorms actually...I can contribute some goodies...

300-ish gigs of EAC/LAME mp3s (MANY Genres)
heavily modded 1212m soundcard (by me)
a crapload of custom cables (Canare, mostly, by me)
plinius 9100 integrated amp
Audioquest Bedrock speaker cables
Vandersteen 2Ce sigg speakers
Nomad Jukebox 3 mp3 player
a wide assortment of custom Cmoys, pimetas, PPAs... (by me)
Pete Millet Tube hybrid amp (by me)
Scott 420A vintage integrated amp
A900's
AKG K501's
DT770-80's

Kinda hard to truck the vandersteen's around...they're like 70lbs each. But if you've got a vehicle and a couple blankets, it could work alright. Let me know!

-Z

Nov 4, 2004 at 2:40 AM Post #51 of 86
I'm definately down for a portland meet and would also do corvallis if I could get a ride. I have 650s, ER-4P with p->s cable, ER6i, benchmark dac1, and a U2 edition ipod on the way.

Nov 4, 2004 at 3:13 AM Post #52 of 86
I would always be up for a Portland meet if we could get one going...

I could bring my HD595's, SR-80's with all the various pads (bowls, hd414 cut and uncut, todd flats), HD280pros, and Xin Superdual (ever wanted to hear nice bass out of a 280?
280smile.gif
). If someone wanted to compare to old cheap Senns that are falling apart, I could even bring my HD525's.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 4, 2004 at 9:38 AM Post #54 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zemo
Sweet! Let's start planning a date!

nleahcim gets back mid-january...let's plan for then.

-Z

Mid december actually
smily_headphones1.gif
I believe I fly in late on Sunday the 19th of December - then I'll stick around for nearly a month. Any suggestions as to where it should be hosted? If we're all in Corvallis then that would be best - but if we're making it Oregon wide it seems like a more central place might be better...

Nov 4, 2004 at 10:14 AM Post #55 of 86
well, I'm off near portland for the winter holiday, as soon as finals are done...forget the actual date though. Problem is, I doubt i could truck all my audio goodies home for the holidays....so...

ok, I checked the dates, I get out of here on Dec 10th, and get back Jan 2nd...so sometime before or after that, unless I bring all my goodies home for the holidays.

-Z

Nov 30, 2004 at 9:38 PM Post #56 of 86
I'm bringing my goodies home for the holidays! so lets go for after Jan 2nd, in corvallis/eugene (if I can get a ride) or between Dec 10 and Jan 2nd in portland? This sound groovy?

-Z

Dec 1, 2004 at 1:38 AM Post #57 of 86
hey zemo, why dont you guys carpool to our meet on jan 15th ... everything is pretty much finalized.. i know james bean and maybe superjohnny are headin up..

Dec 1, 2004 at 2:06 AM Post #59 of 86
I would certainly be up for getting together with some folks in Portland during the Christmas break. Particularly if someone has an A700/A900 since I'm considering getting one
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back