Oregon meet location!
May 24, 2004 at 11:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 86

Budgie

Never looks a gift amp in the jackhole.
I am willing to try to find somewhere in Portland if thats the way the vote goes. Anybody want to volunteer for to be the Eugene organizer if the vote goes that way?

May 25, 2004 at 3:14 PM Post #3 of 86
All we really need is a place for 5 to 10 people to get together and some were to plug some gear in. If you can set that up, you can be "The Man" for a Eugene get together. We have had meets in everything from garages at someones house up to local Hi-Fi shops.

May 26, 2004 at 3:41 AM Post #4 of 86
My apartment isn't that big, but if it's only like 5-10 people I think that would be ok. I'll have to know at least a couple weeks ahead so I can ask for a day off. If it were going to be at my apartment then it wouldn't be able to go too late. I'd say 8 at the latest. I have a roommate that gets up really early.

May 26, 2004 at 11:09 AM Post #5 of 86
I'm in Medford, but I'm up for a drive for a meet! (Never been to one...) Any dates in mind?

G

May 26, 2004 at 2:07 PM Post #6 of 86
I went ahead and voted for eugene as that is a more central location than here in Coos Bay for most people and has the best chance of getting the most people. Has anyone there contacted Bradford's Hi-Fi about hosting? They have a small headphone collection, some excellent sources, and a back room we might talk them into letting us use...

Mahkook
orphsmile.gif

May 27, 2004 at 7:38 PM Post #8 of 86
I'm in Scappoose (metro Portland). I've never been to a meet before but I'm
always looking for new a new thrill in life. Definitely prefer meeting in metro
Portland.

May 27, 2004 at 11:49 PM Post #9 of 86
We should definitely try to schedule the Headroom "Meet Pack." Bradfords would be good, or I'd be willing to chip in on a hotel room if one of the Eugene locals doesn't have any luck with a free location.
600smile.gif

Jun 3, 2004 at 2:12 PM Post #10 of 86
Looks like Eugene won!!

Next question is a location. I don't have any resources for a location in Eugene. Have you checked with Bradfords, James Bean?

If they don't want to loan the back room, I could pitch in some money for a hotel room, also.

Jun 6, 2004 at 7:10 PM Post #12 of 86
Well, I don't drive, so I'm not going to Eugene, but if you folks ever decide to do something in pdx I'm up for it
smily_headphones1.gif
I might even be able to help get some space for a gathering at portland state downtown, and interest a couple more bodies.

later,
dev*

Jun 7, 2004 at 6:11 AM Post #14 of 86
K guys, I couldn't make it into Bradfords this weekend, haven't been able to wake up early enough to get down there. I think Wednesday or Thursday will be the earliest I'll be able to get in there. I have Thursday off so if I can't get in there before then, I'll definitely go in Thursday. Does anyone have a preference for a date. I'm thinking mid-July.

Jun 7, 2004 at 10:59 PM Post #15 of 86
Mid July sounds good if that works for Bradfords.
If not we can arrange something else.

Devwild, you could ride down with me, if that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back