ORA GrapheneQ - The world's first Graphene driver headphone
Aug 31, 2020 at 12:54 PM Post #1,171 of 1,288
Also has anyone been successful with ordering a pair of Ora drivers?

They were for sale on Aliexpress a while ago. Maybe check with the previous seller as they may have some extra pairs tucked away

Aug 31, 2020 at 5:21 PM Post #1,174 of 1,288
They were for sale on Aliexpress a while ago. Maybe check with the previous seller as they may have some extra pairs tucked away

Speaking of that Aliexpress listing I just asked the seller yesterday if they got any idea on when the drivers will be back in stock and they replied back saying that they do not know but they will tell me of when they know or when they go back in stock.

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2020 at 8:54 PM Post #1,175 of 1,288
Has anyone tried larger wiring inside the headphones? I'm still surprised the wire gage is so small.

Sep 1, 2020 at 7:03 PM Post #1,178 of 1,288
It definitely has more bass than the hd600, and also more bass than the Clear (going off my memory of the Clear). In my opinion it sounds less congested than the HD58x, 650, and 660 (I haven't heard the 600). I would take the ORA over the 58x and 650. For 660 it's a tough call, they both have different strengths and both are good
When you mentioned that the 660 is a "tough call" you mean that deciding if the Ora is superior or not over HD660 is more like choosing a different taste since both are equally as good? And what do you describe the Ora as compared to HD660?

Sep 2, 2020 at 12:16 AM Post #1,179 of 1,288
When you mentioned that the 660 is a "tough call" you mean that deciding if the Ora is superior or not over HD660 is more like choosing a different taste since both are equally as good? And what do you describe the Ora as compared to HD660?
I mean one is open and the other is closed, it's a bit unfair to compare. The 660 might resolve better. The ORA has pretty large bass. I was mostly referring to the fact that I really enjoy both headphones. I think the ORA tuning lends itself better to movies, TV, and gaming moreso than the 660. The 660 is more musical

Sep 2, 2020 at 11:42 AM Post #1,180 of 1,288
Anyone have a high-end headphone such as Sundara, Ananda or whatever to compare against Ora? Also I am more interested in a Focal Clear or Ananda against Ora
I have both Clear and Ora. Clear is more musical, relaxed and mellow. Ora has amazing bass but directly after Clear they sound not natural, but you forget about that after 5 min or so and they are fun after that. Clear is more comfortable.

My typical use cases are: Ora for music from mobile via Bluetooth, Ora for games and movies from Xbox wired to Gamepad; Clear for music from desktop dac and for calls (they are very comfortable).

Sep 2, 2020 at 7:56 PM Post #1,181 of 1,288
I have both Clear and Ora. Clear is more musical, relaxed and mellow. Ora has amazing bass but directly after Clear they sound not natural, but you forget about that after 5 min or so and they are fun after that. Clear is more comfortable.

My typical use cases are: Ora for music from mobile via Bluetooth, Ora for games and movies from Xbox wired to Gamepad; Clear for music from desktop dac and for calls (they are very comfortable).

So the Ora is more on the analytical side than the Clear?

Sep 2, 2020 at 8:59 PM Post #1,182 of 1,288
So the Ora is more on the analytical side than the Clear?

Ora (the current version of the headphone) was not designed to be super analytical audiophile. I mean, it’s a closed design, plastic, Bluetooth headphone that would appeal to an average consumer.

It was really intended to develop and showcase the pure graphene driver technology, which I believe it did.

Personally, I think the next smart move on Ora’s part WOULD be to work on an open backed, audiophile targeted headphone, with premium materials and a 50mm driver. Something like an open backed Master and Dynamic MH40, Fidelio X2, Beyerdynamic T1, Sennheiser HDxxx, etc.

I think they still have some growing pains to overcome first though. I mean, they still haven’t even finished building or shipping the remainder of the original headphone. So they need to finish what they started before moving onto the ‘next big thing’.

That’s just my opinion.

Sep 2, 2020 at 11:04 PM Post #1,183 of 1,288
Personally, I think the next smart move on Ora’s part WOULD be to work on an open backed, audiophile targeted headphone, with premium materials and a 50mm driver. Something like an open backed Master and Dynamic MH40, Fidelio X2, Beyerdynamic T1, Sennheiser HDxxx, etc.
The goal of the company is not to create complete products but to sell drivers to established brands. No doubt some of those manufacturers are already evaluating ORA drivers. The purpose of GrapheneQ was to demonstrate to manufacturers that they can offer a real, deliverable product and not just a theoretical concept.
https://www.ora-sound.com/copy-of-oems

Sep 2, 2020 at 11:13 PM Post #1,185 of 1,288
The goal of the company is not to create complete products but to sell drivers to established brands. No doubt some of those manufacturers are already evaluating ORA drivers. The purpose of GrapheneQ was to demonstrate to manufacturers that they can offer a real, deliverable product and not just a theoretical concept.
https://www.ora-sound.com/copy-of-oems

So you don’t think they’ll ever make another headphone?

I hope that’s not the case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back