ORA GrapheneQ - The world's first Graphene driver headphone
Jan 4, 2020 at 10:33 AM Post #616 of 1,288
Everyone is entitled to an opinion! To answer your earlier question about whether you should review these, I suggest passing. You have expressed a priori opinions that would make your review subject to criticism if it is anything but positive. Best to give this one a pass. With all the interesting gear out there that you don’t have an early opinion about you should be able to keep plenty busy!
The notion that someone is skeptical about a Kickstarter is therefore disqualified from making a useful review is utter garbage, frankly. "Everyone is entitled to their opinion!" Yeah, thanks chief. I hope he completely disregards you guys and reviews them anyway.

Anyone else feel like gatekeeping who should review this product none of us have heard?

Jan 4, 2020 at 10:53 AM Post #617 of 1,288
The notion that someone is skeptical about a Kickstarter is therefore disqualified from making a useful review is utter garbage, frankly. "Everyone is entitled to their opinion!" Yeah, thanks chief. I hope he completely disregards you guys and reviews them anyway.

Anyone else feel like gatekeeping who should review this product none of us have heard?

Woa there, hoss! He ASKED for opinions - https://www.head-fi.org/threads/ora...driver-headphone.854987/page-38#post-15386029

In case you need the specific quote: “so tell me if I should bother or not.”

I gave him my opinion in a very respectful way, with an honestly stated reason behind my opinion! If you want to know why I hold the opinion I do, go back a few pages and read the back and forth around Josh’s review. The dialog was ugly and not very informative. Most just seemed to pick a side. A review from someone who is at least seemingly going in without strong opinions one way or another to start with may generate more constructive conversation. That is not the fault of the reviewer - bluntly the reactions are the fault of our fellow head-fiers who take this all way too seriously.

Ultimately, of course, @Currawong is going to do what he wants to do, irrespective of my, or anyone else’s opinion.

I hope your tone and comments were just the result of a bad day. Happens to all of us!

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2020 at 8:24 PM Post #619 of 1,288
Jan 8, 2020 at 2:59 PM Post #622 of 1,288
Jan 8, 2020 at 5:26 PM Post #623 of 1,288
New review up. Unfortunately it's from another non audiophile.

https://physicsworld.com/a/putting-graphene-headphones-to-the-test/

Here is what’s exciting about this review: One of the data points which I found damning about Joshua Valour’s review was how his wife poo poo’d the Ora. However in this review quite a few random office listeners enjoyed. One was “meh.”

it’s just data but it’s good to see more users enjoy them upon demo

Jan 13, 2020 at 10:56 AM Post #624 of 1,288
Here is what’s exciting about this review: One of the data points which I found damning about Joshua Valour’s review was how his wife poo poo’d the Ora. However in this review quite a few random office listeners enjoyed. One was “meh.”

it’s just data but it’s good to see more users enjoy them upon demo
Well, his wife has access to all the headphones he reviews, so I can imagine she is very hard to impress.

And im disappointed so far with people reactions, no one seem to find the amazing. It seems to be at the level of a sennheiser 558 or 598.

Jan 14, 2020 at 9:40 PM Post #625 of 1,288
I just received a notice from DHL that Mr. Valour’s demo unit has finally been shipped and is on it’s way back to Ora.

Obviously, Ora is interested in getting some more reviews. Do any of you know of some good reviewers that might be interested in doing a video on the GQ headphones? Remember that not all reviewers are willing to take the time for such a small volume kickstarter project...

If you have any suggestions, let me know!

I would prefer reviewers that are not sponsored and do not have any potential ulterior motives.
If you can think of anyone that has a bit of reach and is trusted the community, let me know!

Cheers!

Jan 14, 2020 at 9:50 PM Post #626 of 1,288
I just received a notice from DHL that Mr. Valour’s demo unit has finally been shipped and is on it’s way back to Ora.

Obviously, Ora is interested in getting some more reviews. Do any of you know of some good reviewers that might be interested in doing a video on the GQ headphones? Remember that not all reviewers are willing to take the time for such a small volume kickstarter project...

I would prefer reviewers that are not sponsored and do not have any potential ulterior motives.
If you can think of anyone that has a bit of reach and is trusted the community, let me know!

Cheers!

I like the confidence here. I'm sure impressions will be flooding in very soon as we enter the back half of January.

Everyone is going to have some monetization if they're putting that much effort into YouTube.

Oluv might be the least sponsored & has been making solid vids:

Jan 14, 2020 at 10:07 PM Post #627 of 1,288

Max Settings. Or crinacle but he's not really on YouTube.

Anyone but Zeos.

Jan 14, 2020 at 10:21 PM Post #628 of 1,288

Cheers!
Get more units out there and make a head-fi tour. One unit for USA/canada and another for europe. Third unit for reviewers on YouTube. :)

Jan 14, 2020 at 10:22 PM Post #629 of 1,288
Ora is interested in getting some more reviews. Do any of you know of some good reviewers that might be interested in doing a video on the GQ headphones?
Have you sent one to Head-Fi (c/o @jude and @AxelCloris)? Not sure if they'd do a video, but they would post impressions and measurements, and could generate a lot of exposure.

Jan 14, 2020 at 10:27 PM Post #630 of 1,288
Get more units out there and make a head-fi tour. One unit for USA/canada and another for europe. Third unit for reviewers on YouTube. :)

Yes! A listening tour would be great. Honestly, if they want to really penetrate the "community" reviews:

Jude (Head-Fi)
Headphonics
Bob Katz
Audiophile-On
Resolve Reviews
RTINGS
Amir (ASR)
/u/Orratory1190
Crinacle

That's like 10 headphones to cover a spectrum

Users who are viewing this thread

Back