ORA GrapheneQ - The world's first Graphene driver headphone
Jan 15, 2020 at 8:54 AM Post #633 of 1,288
+1 to Amir from AudioScienceReview
-1 to Bob Katz. The man is full of crap and has 0 critical thinking.
Overall, the more "audiophile" oriented reviewers tend to prefer expensive stuff and are not aware of their biases.

I just received a notice from DHL that Mr. Valour’s demo unit has finally been shipped and is on it’s way back to Ora.

Obviously, Ora is interested in getting some more reviews. Do any of you know of some good reviewers that might be interested in doing a video on the GQ headphones? Remember that not all reviewers are willing to take the time for such a small volume kickstarter project...

If you have any suggestions, let me know!

I would prefer reviewers that are not sponsored and do not have any potential ulterior motives.
If you can think of anyone that has a bit of reach and is trusted the community, let me know!

Cheers!
Did you also receive a notice from DHL concerning the headphones shipped to the backers, by any chance, maybe?

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2020 at 9:43 AM Post #634 of 1,288
Still waiting on any updates via kickstarter/indiegogo - The next update should be happening today, the 15th.

That being said, I definitely feel good that Robert-Eric is still trying to get reviewers and coming to Head-Fi for suggestions.

Jan 15, 2020 at 10:51 AM Post #635 of 1,288
And im disappointed so far with people reactions, no one seem to find the amazing. It seems to be at the level of a sennheiser 558 or 598.

Ya. Assuming the same magnet, voicecoil, and 'surround' of a driver in the same enclosure/cup/cavity, imo the only thing the exotic material in the 'cone' should do is address efficiency/sensitivity and distortion/breakup of the dynamic transducer's moving element. A "pretty good" driver already has or should have very little of the latter. And unless dramatically lighter than another material, I can't forsee dramatic betterment of the former.

It's still a pretty kewl headphone. My only point being unless a headphone et al was already pretty close to amazing, where the change of cone material will be enough to tip the scale to 'amazing', I just don't believe changing the cone material alone will taking it from okay to amazing.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2020 at 11:35 AM Post #636 of 1,288
+1 to Amir from AudioScienceReview
-1 to Bob Katz. The man is full of crap and has 0 critical thinking.
Enough with the trolling. He's probably forgotten more about audio and sound than you'll ever know.

Jan 15, 2020 at 11:42 AM Post #637 of 1,288
Personally, I could give a flying crap less about YouTube reviewers.

Why don’t we make the priority getting the headphones into the hands of the people who ALREADY PAID for the Ora, instead of worrying about which YouTube PewDiePie wannabees they should be sent to?

Once the Ora gets into the hands of the thousands of paid customers, there’s going to be no shortage of reviews trust me.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2020 at 11:55 AM Post #638 of 1,288
Personally, I could give a flying crap less about YouTube reviewers.

Why don’t we make the priority getting the headphones into the hands of the people who ALREADY PAID for the Ora, instead of worrying about which YouTube PewDiePie wannabees they should be sent to?

Once the Ora gets into the hands of the thousands of paid customers, there’s going to be no shortage of reviews trust me.
This is how to get reviews; just finish shipping all these out since we've all paid for these years ago. I'll probably put up some sort of short impressions write-up eventually.......when these actually show up at my door.......someday.

Jan 15, 2020 at 12:50 PM Post #639 of 1,288
This is how to get reviews; just finish shipping all these out since we've all paid for these years ago. I'll probably put up some sort of short impressions write-up eventually.......when these actually show up at my door.......someday.

I agree.

We’ve all paid hundreds of dollars and been patiently waiting more than 2 years. And you’re telling me we all have to now wait for random YouTubers to do reviews?

Sure, I understand it’s marketing, as I’ve owned my own businesses before. But do the media circus tours after you deliver to the product to the existing customers who already paid for the product 2+ years ago.

Any marketing from reviews etc is for future customers, for product that hasn’t even been manufactured yet.

You shouldn’t be worrying about drumming up new orders via marketing, when you haven’t even delivered the 1st order yet. That’s not even putting the cart before the horse; it’s putting the wheels before the reins before the cart before the horse.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2020 at 12:55 PM Post #640 of 1,288
I agree.

We’ve all paid hundreds of dollars and been patiently waiting more than 2 years. And you’re telling me we all have to now wait for random YouTubers to do reviews?

Sure, I understand it’s marketing, as I’ve owned my own businesses before. But do the media circus tours after you deliver to the product to the existing customers who already paid for the product 2+ years ago.

Any marketing from reviews etc is for future customers, for product that hasn’t even been manufactured yet.

You shouldn’t be worrying about drumming up new orders via marketing, when you haven’t even delivered the 1st order yet. That’s not even putting the cart before the horse; it’s putting the wheels before the cart before the reigns before the horse.

Just to be clear, getting reviews will in no way impact our delivery timeline. We have a small number of pilot run units earmarked for reviews. I thought you folks would appreciate seeing some opinions on the product while everyone waits for the shipments to arrive.

Jan 15, 2020 at 1:06 PM Post #641 of 1,288
Just to be clear, getting reviews will in no way impact our delivery timeline. We have a small number of pilot run units earmarked for reviews. I thought you folks would appreciate seeing some opinions on the product while everyone waits for the shipments to arrive.

Ah, ok that changes things then. By all means, reviews are cool.

It’s unfortunate Tyll (ie Innerfidelity) is retired (as of about a year now). There is literally no one better on the plant in my mind.

Jan 15, 2020 at 1:17 PM Post #642 of 1,288
Ah, ok that changes things then. By all means, reviews are cool.

It’s unfortunate Tyll (ie Innerfidelity) is retired (as of about a year now). There is literally no one better on the plant in my mind.
I like to think the people he left in charge of Inner Fidelity would still be good candidates for a review. I feel like Tyll would have rather closed up the Inner Fidelity shop and name if he didn't feel the successors would do right by the reputation.

Jan 15, 2020 at 1:23 PM Post #643 of 1,288
It's like being in a restaurant and waiting over an hour for the food, while having to watch other people next to you enjoying theirs, going MMMMMMMM GOOD! :grin:

Jan 15, 2020 at 3:14 PM Post #645 of 1,288
I like to think the people he left in charge of Inner Fidelity would still be good candidates for a review.
I do not agree. Plus, complete abandonment of making objective measurements was the final nail in their coffin. I no longer give them the privilege of fractions of a penny from advertisers by visiting their site and giving them click counts.

Related topic. Nothing is worse than what is happening to us Smyth A16 purchasers. Lol. 3 years late. Then when finally shipping, only something like 10 units go out a week. I have hundreds and hundreds of backers or early purchasers infront of me. Grrr.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back