OPUS#3 Hi-Res Audio player w/wifi and streaming
Apr 17, 2017 at 5:11 PM Post #91 of 533
#3 should be arriving for review any day now!!!

Btw, MusicTeck already has it in stock on Amazon and their on-line Store.  If I remember correctly, #1 Metal was introduced at $899 (though now it's $699), and so does this new #3 for $899 including free Dignis case.

Apr 17, 2017 at 5:42 PM Post #92 of 533
#3 should be arriving for review any day now!!!

Btw, MusicTeck already has it in stock on Amazon and their on-line Store.  If I remember correctly, #1 Metal was introduced at $899, and so does this new #3 for $899 including free Dignis case.

Nice, those are good findings. It seems Opus 2 is still and will remain the flagship for a while more. Perhap the next in line that can take the throne would be using AKM DAC 2x

Apr 18, 2017 at 1:21 PM Post #98 of 533
I will be posting pics shortly too, just taken them but evening with the other half means they will be uploaded later 
wink.gif

Apr 18, 2017 at 2:11 PM Post #99 of 533
This or the new Astell&Kern KANN? Both are almost the same price but the KANN has a LOT more features specs wise. (Dual SD Slot with 1 Full size SD so thats a potential 1tb+256gb space, much more powerful amp section with lesser impedance, better streaming capabilities with AK Connect, much bigger battery) 
Yet I'm really confused between these two. What do you guys recommend from an SQ standpoint? 

Apr 18, 2017 at 2:28 PM Post #100 of 533
I personally need Burr-Brown.) 
AKM DAC is too boring for my genres. Usually it does not deliver the bass and the mids I need. So no serious consideration of KANN from my side.

Apr 18, 2017 at 8:08 PM Post #102 of 533
Well, the Opus #3 is now slotted into another big competition from the China, the Dx200. The DX200 has 2x ess9028 Sabres DAC chips where as Opus 3 is 1 single BB pcm1792A. However, interestingly enough, it is competing against plenue S from Cowon which specs the same chip. It seems Opus is really out going after their own origin competitions, Korean products!

Apr 18, 2017 at 9:44 PM Post #103 of 533
  I personally need Burr-Brown.) 
AKM DAC is too boring for my genres. Usually it does not deliver the bass and the mids I need. So no serious consideration of KANN from my side.

Opus #3 is barely released, KANN is not, and it's using a different DAC than the previous line.
It's not like A&K has always produced flat/analytical signatures for their DAPs (AK120 was very warm for instance).

All of this is speculation until both DAPs have been thoroughly tested.
And strictly feature-wise, the KANN is better value (enormous capacity and battery).

Apr 18, 2017 at 10:03 PM Post #104 of 533

Opus #3 is barely released, KANN is not, and it's using a different DAC than the previous line.
It's not like A&K has always produced flat/analytical signatures for their DAPs (AK120 was very warm for instance).

All of this is speculation until both DAPs have been thoroughly tested.
And strictly feature-wise, the KANN is better value (enormous capacity and battery).

Yes, on Paper, KANN takes it by a wide margin.
So unless the Opus #3 has insanely better SQ, and something special up its sleeve,  I'd rather spend my money on the Astell&Kern. 
Right now, Its better to wait for the reviews to come in, soon hopefully. 

Apr 18, 2017 at 10:42 PM Post #105 of 533
Well, the Opus #3 is now slotted into another big competition from the China, the Dx200. The DX200 has 2x ess9028 Sabres DAC chips where as Opus 3 is 1 single BB pcm1792A. However, interestingly enough, it is competing against plenue S from Cowon which specs the same chip. It seems Opus is really out going after their own origin competitions, Korean products!

​I like the OPUS #3 better than the DX200.
The DX200 is the epitome  hype. 
Stage?
Detail?
Sonics?
That's why they mention in passing how future amp modules and FW updates have fixed that/ will fix this. O.K., sure, folks said it was a TOTL beast out the box....after some hundreds of hours of burn in.

I'd rec the OPUS #3 over the DX200 aaaall daaaaay looooong

/2 cents

Users who are viewing this thread

Back