OPUS#3 Hi-Res Audio player w/wifi and streaming
Sep 17, 2017 at 7:53 PM Post #421 of 533
Hey man, nice to see you here. You now planning to get a #3 instead of a #2?

Yes there's a difference. But of course the type of cable and IEM also plays a part. but this question is more suited to be discussed in the Cables/Sound Science area. (So as not to derail the thread)

Without going to science, there is a difference in the architecture of the AMP stage when using the 2.5mm port, so there is some inherent difference in sound. How big it is , or how it affects every IEM out there, that is entirely another story :smile_phones:

Sep 17, 2017 at 8:09 PM Post #422 of 533
Without going to science, there is a difference in the architecture of the AMP stage when using the 2.5mm port, so there is some inherent difference in sound. How big it is , or how it affects every IEM out there, that is entirely another story :smile_phones:

Yes, that's a fact. The amp section is a mirror/duplicate (for each L and R) of each channel. And he also asked about BL cables, and that can be a lengthy discussion.

Sep 17, 2017 at 8:14 PM Post #423 of 533
Yes, that's a fact. The amp section is a mirror/duplicate (for each L and R) of each channel. And he also asked about BL cables, and that can be a lengthy discussion.

Totally a lengthy discussion, I always recommend personal listening when it comes to this - My experience so far is a slightly livelier sound, more dynamics and more impact when using Balanced, especially with Opus DAPs, but that is really debatable since I only tested this with very few of my IEMs since some of them don't have an option for Balanced...

Sep 18, 2017 at 5:17 AM Post #424 of 533
Thanks for the feedback, guys
Totally a lengthy discussion, I always recommend personal listening when it comes to this - My experience so far is a slightly livelier sound, more dynamics and more impact when using Balanced, especially with Opus DAPs, but that is really debatable since I only tested this with very few of my IEMs since some of them don't have an option for Balanced...

Sep 18, 2017 at 1:51 PM Post #425 of 533
Anyone experienced issues with loading or playing music off of the internal storage? My new Opus #3 crashes/restarts while attempting to copy music onto the internal card, and has crashed/restarted a couple of times playing music. Factory resets have done nothing. I'm on firmware 1.004 and didn't try this before updating, so not sure if it's the firmware of something hardware-related.

The bummer is I bought this player specifically for a trip I'm taking starting this Friday, and I don't foresee a way to get this returned/exchanged/refunded before leaving.

Sep 18, 2017 at 2:29 PM Post #426 of 533
Anyone experienced issues with loading or playing music off of the internal storage? My new Opus #3 crashes/restarts while attempting to copy music onto the internal card, and has crashed/restarted a couple of times playing music. Factory resets have done nothing. I'm on firmware 1.004 and didn't try this before updating, so not sure if it's the firmware of something hardware-related.

The bummer is I bought this player specifically for a trip I'm taking starting this Friday, and I don't foresee a way to get this returned/exchanged/refunded before leaving.

Right now I don't know of a solution, maybe contact TheBit and see if they can help, but if the mSD slot works alright, you might be able to try and play from it only for now.

I might also suggest loading Neutron or VLC and see if the problem persists.

Also, a hard factory reset might help with the issue, but I'm not sure how to do one,...

Sep 18, 2017 at 7:56 PM Post #427 of 533
Also, a hard factory reset might help with the issue, but I'm not sure how to do one,...

He has done a factory reset. Settings - under System - Initialize - Factory Reset

Yes, similar with George, try using the microSD 1st for your trip.

I would suggest to try reloading the firmware (get a newly downloaded copy) and if that still doesn't work, better send it in for a replacement.

Sep 18, 2017 at 8:50 PM Post #428 of 533
He has done a factory reset. Settings - under System - Initialize - Factory Reset

Yes, similar with George, try using the microSD 1st for your trip.

I would suggest to try reloading the firmware (get a newly downloaded copy) and if that still doesn't work, better send it in for a replacement.

I went ahead and contacted MusicTeck for an exchange. They agreed that it sounded like the internal storage was bad and will work to get the player to me in time for my trip. Good service!

Sep 18, 2017 at 11:33 PM Post #430 of 533
I went ahead and contacted MusicTeck for an exchange. They agreed that it sounded like the internal storage was bad and will work to get the player to me in time for my trip. Good service!

Uh, I was about to ask you where you got your Opus#3. There were a few shaddy sellers, mentioned in Opus threads. True, with MusicTeck you are in good hands because they are official seller of their DAPs.

Oct 8, 2017 at 11:17 PM Post #431 of 533
hi, i recently bought the opus 3 and found the software a bit buggy so i did a factory reset. i didnt realise it would erase everything in internal memory including the demo tracks which came with the player. can anybody be kind enough to send me a link to allow me to load the 3 demo tracks? i think they were some wave 192/24 files.

Oct 9, 2017 at 7:03 AM Post #432 of 533
hi, i recently bought the opus 3 and found the software a bit buggy so i did a factory reset. i didnt realise it would erase everything in internal memory including the demo tracks which came with the player. can anybody be kind enough to send me a link to allow me to load the 3 demo tracks? i think they were some wave 192/24 files.

I'll try to exctract and upload them sometime soon, currently I am without a stable connection.

Oct 11, 2017 at 9:02 PM Post #434 of 533
found a bug for the #3 :disappointed_relieved:

Boot up the #3, then use Spotify. After that, Force Stop Spotify and then switch over to the default Opus AudioPlayer. Then switch tracks using the hardware buttons - sooner or later, it will start playing your tracks in Spotify!!!

The only way to stop this is to restart the #3.

Oct 12, 2017 at 8:37 AM Post #435 of 533
found a bug for the #3 :disappointed_relieved:

Boot up the #3, then use Spotify. After that, Force Stop Spotify and then switch over to the default Opus AudioPlayer. Then switch tracks using the hardware buttons - sooner or later, it will start playing your tracks in Spotify!!!

The only way to stop this is to restart the #3.

Oh yes, I noticed this behavior as well, but it doesn't bother me :smile_phones:

It is similar with most other DAPs when you install a third party app, it gets feature control of the hardware buttons :gs1000smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back